Game Day: Jazz (2-2) @ Suns (1-3), Wed 10/25/17

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
O_Gardino

Re: Game Day: Jazz (2-2) @ Suns (1-3), Wed 10/25/17

Post by O_Gardino »

It was great to see a 10 point lead where both teams kept playing hard through the end.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

I can’t believe what I just saw. I can’t believe how much difference, not only in energy, wich would be comprehensible, but in overall execution. Like the singing toad from that old cartoon. I was prepared for a letdown tonight, even some tired legs after the emotional and physical outbust, like the sore throat you get after a rock concert. I was prepare for the young Suns falling against a disciplined and well coached team, unlike the Lakers and Kings.

Then I got this, a well rounded team, doing the little things, executing and scoring somtimes at will on one of the supposed great defenses in the league, and then also defending better on the other end.

I didn’t see it coming, not even on my wildest dreams. Chandler regaining some pop, and actually directing traffic. Booker trying on defense to the point that it was his best contribution at large portions of the game, Warren and Bender crawling out of their shells and overcoming their mistakes... a focused Chriss wasting no time with pouting!!!

Never was a Watson fan, I kept telling that he was not developing at all the younglings, but I wouldn’t suspect either how he held this team hostage, just could see it on Bender, growing more insecure by the day, but even then as some said, maybe he was lacking the spine to make it overseas.

How bad of a regression in actual coaching and how bad those mind games should have been to actually be this different? Mind blowing.

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

specialsauce wrote:
The Bobster wrote:Jay Triano for Coach of the Year.
:lol:

Crazy what a difference an actual coach makes
I do like what I am seeing.

I wonder how much the firing of the Watson and kicking out Bledsoe has to do with the fire lit under their asses. Probably a combination. These two wins will certainly do wonders for the Suns confidence as well as the mood around these parts.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Man, I wonder what Watson must be thinking right now.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Superbone wrote:I don't know if we can win but I'd like to see the same energy and effort as Monday. Can they bring it two games in a row?
Did they ever!
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:It's the Jazz, back to the 40pt losses we go!
Uh, no.
O_Gardino wrote:Jazz got worked last night. They will be out for blood today, but might not have fresh legs late in the game. Lets see if our young guys can hang on and through the whole game and maybe steal one.
Didn't even need to steal it. Who would have thunk?
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Even after our adrenaline rush of firing our coach, we barely beat the pathetic Kings. I think we will get destroyed by an actual good team like the Jazz.
Oh, really. ;)
ShelC wrote:They're gonna drop like 115 on us.
Umm hmm.
JCSunsfan wrote:Funny thing is that I am actually looking forward to this game, even though I know we might get beat bad. I am having this strange sensation I have not had in a long time.

Hope.
Isn't it grand? :)

Sorry, everybody. Couldn't resist!

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Superbone wrote:
Superbone wrote:I don't know if we can win but I'd like to see the same energy and effort as Monday. Can they bring it two games in a row?
Did they ever!
Uh, no.
O_Gardino wrote:Jazz got worked last night. They will be out for blood today, but might not have fresh legs late in the game. Lets see if our young guys can hang on and through the whole game and maybe steal one.
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Even after our adrenaline rush of firing our coach, we barely beat the pathetic Kings. I think we will get destroyed by an actual good team like the Jazz.
Oh, really. ;)
Umm hmm.
JCSunsfan wrote:Funny thing is that I am actually looking forward to this game, even though I know we might get beat bad. I am having this strange sensation I have not had in a long time.

Hope.

Cruel

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

iLLmatic wrote:Warren has been playing so poorly.
Good thing he picked it up.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Superbone wrote:
Did they ever!
Uh, no.
Oh, really. ;)
Umm hmm.

Hope.

Stop poking the optimists!
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

EDC

Post by EDC »

Wanted to see some highlights from the game so I left my NBAtv stream on for like an hour. They don't even show highlights from all the games. Only like half of them.

It is like what ESPN started doing a long time ago. Although I haven't watched ESPN in quite awhile now. I just don't understand how repeating the highlights of a few games is better than showing them all.

I should have known better and just went to youtube in the first place. Then I wouldn't have had to listen to Shaq mumble on about stupid crap and the number of rings he has.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

Let's not get ahead of ourselves. Watson also got the dead cat bounce.

But so far...I am impressed.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

EDC wrote:Wanted to see some highlights from the game so I left my NBAtv stream on for like an hour. They don't even show highlights from all the games. Only like half of them.

It is like what ESPN started doing a long time ago. Although I haven't watched ESPN in quite awhile now. I just don't understand how repeating the highlights of a few games is better than showing them all.

I should have known better and just went to youtube in the first place. Then I wouldn't have had to listen to Shaq mumble on about stupid crap and the number of rings he has.
Yeah, pissed me off! They used to show all the highlights. I don't know what was going on tonight.

"Be Legendary."

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

Superbone wrote:Man, I wonder what Watson must be thinking right now.
I really do not miss watching Eric Bledsoe play nor does anyone else.
This BUD'S for us! - Play fast Play well - Go Suns!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JustWinBaby wrote:
Superbone wrote:Man, I wonder what Watson must be thinking right now.
I really do not miss watching Eric Bledsoe play nor does anyone else.
I totally agree.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Superbone wrote:
EDC wrote:Wanted to see some highlights from the game so I left my NBAtv stream on for like an hour. They don't even show highlights from all the games. Only like half of them.

Yeah, pissed me off! They used to show all the highlights. I don't know what was going on tonight.
So, they finally added the Suns/Jazz highlights to the tail end of the 11 pm, 1 hour Gametime.

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Those Bastards!

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

specialsauce wrote:

I don’t care how good a coach is, how in the world do you get that kind of change three days into the job. It can’t be that Triano is that good. It had to be that Watson was bad, really bad, at motivating players. But there is another change too. Eric Bledsoe is not playing. The ball would not move this well with Bledsoe, and his defense has been poor too.

I don’t think this is because Triano is a miracle worker. It’s just that he is not horrible.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Superbone wrote:
Even when the Jazz would go on a run, we never really gave up control of the game. Awesome!
Last edited by O_Gardino on Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Superbone wrote:
Did they ever!
Uh, no.
Oh, really. ;)
Umm hmm.

Hope.

Oh no, no apologies, I loved it, some people already crawled back to their caves waiting for the next chance to say they knew all along this team was trash, so it's okay to enjoy the bright spots, the longer the better, because it's still a long season to ride.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JCSunsfan wrote:
specialsauce wrote:

I don’t care how good a coach is, how in the world do you get that kind of change three days into the job. It can’t be that Triano is that good. It had to be that Watson was bad, really bad, at motivating players. But there is another change too. Eric Bledsoe is not playing. The ball would not move this well with Bledsoe, and his defense has been poor too.

I don’t think this is because Triano is a miracle worker. It’s just that he is not horrible.
You're only as good as your leader on the floor and Bledsoe was mailing it in.

"Be Legendary."

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

I was so tired of watching Bledsoe pound the ball at the top of the key.

Player and ball movement is so refreshing to see......
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695