Bledsoe wants out!

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Bledsoe wants out!

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:I fail to see how Bledsoe asking to be traded does any real damage to his value. He's still in his prime, and on a great contract for two years. We don't care if we win this year, we could literally leave him at home all season. Did he have more value over the summer? Sure, but not much. These teams will low ball us at first, hoping we panic trade him, but the trades will increase in value as we wait. Just look at Kyrie, the Cavs got a great haul for him.
It's simple economics. Supply and demand. And there is some decent demand for him out there. Just wait for the right offer. That is one thing McD has been pretty consistantly good at.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Split T wrote:
djy2j wrote:Wouldn't Milwaukee HAVE to ship out Brogdon? I don't think he would want to be benched in favor of Bledsoe and we know Bledsoe wouldn't want to be benched for Brogdon. So I think the Bucks have to make a choice. If it's anything we've learned being Suns fans is that having 2 or 3 startign PG's DOESN'T work.
Brogdon can play on the wing next to Bledsoe. Although that puts Snell on the bench. Unless they want to go super small with a bled/Brogdon/Snell/Middleton/Antetekounmpo lineup. That's actually a really interesting version of the warriors lineup of death.
I've never been a fan of the 2 PG lineup. Bledsoe has proven he doesn't work well with a 2 PG lineup so I think they are asking for trouble if they try that. I think it will create chemistry issues just like it did on the Suns.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

djy2j wrote:
Split T wrote:
djy2j wrote:Wouldn't Milwaukee HAVE to ship out Brogdon? I don't think he would want to be benched in favor of Bledsoe and we know Bledsoe wouldn't want to be benched for Brogdon. So I think the Bucks have to make a choice. If it's anything we've learned being Suns fans is that having 2 or 3 startign PG's DOESN'T work.
Brogdon can play on the wing next to Bledsoe. Although that puts Snell on the bench. Unless they want to go super small with a bled/Brogdon/Snell/Middleton/Antetekounmpo lineup. That's actually a really interesting version of the warriors lineup of death.
I've never been a fan of the 2 PG lineup. Bledsoe has proven he doesn't work well with a 2 PG lineup so I think they are asking for trouble if they try that. I think it will create chemistry issues just like it did on the Suns.
I think the point is that Brogdon is just as proficient at being a SG.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

djy2j wrote:
Split T wrote:
He also hasn't worked all that well with 1 PG or 3 PG lineups. Maybe he needs to try a 4 PG lineup.

Split T

Post by Split T »

djy2j wrote:
Split T wrote:
Brogdon is 6'5 with a 7'0 wingspan. He's called the point guard because he's the smallest guy on the court. He could just as easily play the 3. This isn't a Bledsoe/Knight situation. Or a Bledsoe/dragic/IT situation. Brogdon is a low usage player anyways, he plays off the ball a lot, with Antetekounmpo handling the ball.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

djy2j wrote:
Split T wrote:
Bled litterally had his best year playing alongside Dragic. But, as others have said, it's really not about that with the Bucks. It's about putting guys around Giannis who can help him.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Split T

Post by Split T »

Listen to the Lowe podcast with Kevin arnovitz today. They talk about Bledsoe's fit in Milwaukee. They like the fit, but don't think they will give up Brogdon for him. Although Lowe doesn't think it should be a non starter for trade discussions.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Brogdon, Thon or '18 1stR+. If MIL doesn't put any of those assets on the table, they don't want Bledsoe, which is fine. Someone will.

I feel like there is a three way trade to build between PHX, MIL and CHI. Bledsoe and RoLo around to the Freak could do very well. No need to jettison Jabari/Thon/Brogdon if they are willing to spend two first round picks.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Bucks wouldn't give up Thon. I'd do Bledsoe and Tyson for Brogs, Monroe and a future 1st.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

ShelC wrote:Bucks wouldn't give up Thon. I'd do Bledsoe and Tyson for Brogs, Monroe and a future 1st.
Would you send Mia 1st to make up for him? Would they?

Bledsoe+Mia 1st for Brogdon +Thon

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

ShelC wrote:Bucks wouldn't give up Thon. I'd do Bledsoe and Tyson for Brogs, Monroe and a future 1st.
We would all love that trade. We would have to bring back a lot more salary, though. I don't think Milwaukee can bring in 9 million more.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

O_Gardino wrote:
We would all love that trade. We would have to bring back a lot more salary, though. I don't think Milwaukee can bring in 9 million more.
Yeah, in that case, I would take whatever they want to send to round it up, even that Bellavedova guy.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

The Phoenix Bucks! If you include Knight on our roster, we'll be close to half a roster full of former Bucks.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

They'd have to include Henson/Delly/Snell in the deal. I wouldn't be opposed to it. Would prefer to take back Henson even with 2 years left on his deal. No need for Snell or Delly. At least Monroe would come off the books. I probably wouldn't include the Miami pick.

carey

Re: RE: Re: Bledsoe wants out!

Post by carey »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:

No. I like our own really tall guy that shoots 3s & plays defense.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

In2ition

Re: RE: Re: Bledsoe wants out!

Post by In2ition »

carey wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:

No. I like our own really tall guy that shoots 3s & plays defense.
I really really want Dragan to pan out, but his numbers are dog crap in compared to Thon's. I thought they would be better this year, because we see him playing better, but his advanced numbers haven't improved at all. Perhaps that's partially due to the first 3 terrible games of the Suns, but I'm not so sure.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

carey

Post by carey »

Eh, he just needs to start shooting better and I think he will. That will come with confidence. His defense is already showing itself to be invaluable. Plus he's still extremely young whereas Thon could be as old as 24 or 25 already if you believe the legitimacy of the yearbook photo that showed him graduating HS in 2010.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Absolutely. But Chandler is prohibitive to them unless they also unload Henson/Teletowar.

PHX out: Bledsoe - Chandler - '18 2ndR.
PHX in: Brogdon - MIL '18 1stR - Monroe/Teletovic/Henson.

MIL out: Brogdon - '18 1stR - Monroe - Teletovic/Henson.
MIL in: Bledsoe - RoLo/Mirotic.

CHI out: RoLo/Mirotic.
CHI in: Chandler, PHX '18 2ndR.

Milwaukee gets Bledsoe for Brogdon and they can choose between Rolo or Mirotic, depending on what they want to put on the court and what salary they want to send out (Henson has one extra year over Teletovic, who is expiring next season).

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

O_Gardino wrote:
I would do it without the first. But the Bucks have to throw in more salary to make it work. Bledsoe and Tyson for Brogdon, Monroe and Telly works. I think Telly is an undesirable contract for them right now, but I am not sure. I think that trade make Milwaukee significantly better immediately. It gives the Suns a young piece, some cap relief after this year (not that they really need it) but they take on the rest of Telly's deal even though there is no real place for him here. Too bad the NBA doesn't let teams take the salary in the trade, but leave the player where he is.

Split T

Post by Split T »

JCSunsfan wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:
I would do it without the first. But the Bucks have to throw in more salary to make it work. Bledsoe and Tyson for Brogdon, Monroe and Telly works. I think Telly is an undesirable contract for them right now, but I am not sure. I think that trade make Milwaukee significantly better immediately. It gives the Suns a young piece, some cap relief after this year (not that they really need it) but they take on the rest of Telly's deal even though there is no real place for him here. Too bad the NBA doesn't let teams take the salary in the trade, but leave the player where he is.
Just waiving the player accomplishes that goal.