NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs Round 1

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Furlanfufi

Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs Round 1

Post by Furlanfufi »

Split T wrote:IT just hit 50. Fouled Markieff out in the process
And hit a very difficult and 1

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The ending of that game was pretty awesome to watch. IT had a dominant 53-point game. He was everywhere, hitting crazy shots even if they bumped or hacked him. Real amazing playoff performance from the little guy.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

And emotional too. IT dedicated his performance to his sister who would have been 23 today.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

BlaCkAdDa

Post by BlaCkAdDa »

I like It not sorry he's gone just that we didn't get much for him.. Best of luck to him

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

IT is putting up 53 points, after the death of his sister and after 5 hours of dental work, and Bledsoe is putting down mimosas on a beach somewhere. That's not a knock on Bledsoe it's a knock on whoever (McDo/Sarver) for getting rid of the wrong player.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Indy

Post by Indy »

djy2j wrote:IT is putting up 53 points, after the death of his sister and after 5 hours of dental work, and Bledsoe is putting down mimosas on a beach somewhere. That's not a knock on Bledsoe it's a knock on whoever (McDo/Sarver) for getting rid of the wrong player.
Exactly. I am not one that believes a back court of IT and Bledsoe would work well together, but they made a huge mistake in turning Bledsoe and IT and Goran and the Lakers pick into Bledsoe and Knight. Colossal mistake. And that doesn't even take into account re-signing Knight.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I loved his signing and the contract, wish he were here but he never really felt like ours. I think we signed him knowing we were going to trade him - McD's asset acquisition plan. Too bad. You have to specifically build around him but he's worth it. One of my favorite players in the league. He's a straight baller.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Indy wrote:
djy2j wrote:IT is putting up 53 points, after the death of his sister and after 5 hours of dental work, and Bledsoe is putting down mimosas on a beach somewhere. That's not a knock on Bledsoe it's a knock on whoever (McDo/Sarver) for getting rid of the wrong player.
Exactly. I am not one that believes a back court of IT and Bledsoe would work well together, but they made a huge mistake in turning Bledsoe and IT and Goran and the Lakers pick into Bledsoe and Knight. Colossal mistake. And that doesn't even take into account re-signing Knight.
IMO teams are now burning themselves for being obsessed with "potential." Suns aren't the only ones guilty of it. Pretty much most of the teams who have long playoff droughts are too. You could argue Utah with Favors over Milsap. (I know Utah is in this year.) Suns picked Bledsoe over IT because of potential. So far the results have been just above a disaster.

Just feels like these teams are outsmarting themselves.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:I loved his signing and the contract, wish he were here but he never really felt like ours. I think we signed him knowing we were going to trade him - McD's asset acquisition plan. Too bad. You have to specifically build around him but he's worth it. One of my favorite players in the league. He's a straight baller.
The way he goes right into the body of a 7-footer right under the rim and still get up a shot is a amazing. The way he was staring down Keef was wonderful. It felt like there is some history there.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

ShelC wrote:I loved his signing and the contract, wish he were here but he never really felt like ours. I think we signed him knowing we were going to trade him - McD's asset acquisition plan. Too bad. You have to specifically build around him but he's worth it. One of my favorite players in the league. He's a straight baller.
You've been saying that all along, and I thought you were cracked. Nope. He has gotten better and better, and his team is winning.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Keep in mind that retaining IT3 probably means no Booker as the focus of an offense. Also, many seem to forget how unbearable things were getting with the three PGs.

Now, the move for Knight...

Indy

Post by Indy »

Ring_Wanted wrote:Keep in mind that retaining IT3 probably means no Booker as the focus of an offense. Also, many seem to forget how unbearable things were getting with the three PGs.

Now, the move for Knight...
I don't think anyone is forgetting that part, but once Goran said he didn't want to be here, you had to pick between IT and Bledsoe. Easy choice for me.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Not Bledsoe's fault but McDo championing him over everyone else has caused our franchise a lot of issues. I think we'd be in a lot better shape had we never made the Bledsoe/Dudley trade. On the other hand, now we've got Booker which may not have happened otherwise.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Bledsoe isn't the problem, but he ain't the solution, either.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Yea the ideal scenario would've been IT and Booker in the backcourt, but that may have never been a reality. I forget who said it, maybe it was Lue about Kyrie, but he said too many times coaches focus on what a guy can't do rather than what he's good at. This is true of Boston/Stevens and IT.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Bledsoe isn't the problem, but he ain't the solution, either.
It is not a slight on Bledsoe to say that IT is clearly a better NBA player. Despite his size, and his high usage rate, he is playing at a higher level than nearly anyone in the playoffs.

carey

Post by carey »

I'm in disbelief that he isn't exploited on every possession down the floor but they play in a different NBA now. You can hide a guy that small on defense at times but he has to be a flamethrower offensively & IT certainly is that.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Superbone wrote:Not Bledsoe's fault but McDo championing him over everyone else has caused our franchise a lot of issues. I think we'd be in a lot better shape had we never made the Bledsoe/Dudley trade. On the other hand, now we've got Booker which may not have happened otherwise.
If you look at McD's trades in 2013, he did a great job of getting back assets for role players. What he got back for Dudley, Scola, and Gortat was very good, in hindsight. Later, we got Isaiah Thomas essentially for nothing. I just wish he was a little more mercenary about trading his own guys. We will see how this summer goes. Fingers crossed that we can get good value for Bledsoe and really anything at all for Knight.

carey

Re: RE: Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs Round 1

Post by carey »

Indy wrote: I don't think anyone is forgetting that part, but once Goran said he didn't want to be here, you had to pick between IT and Bledsoe. Easy choice for me.
Only in hindsight right? Because iirc people were complaining that IT was a ball hog & the offense ground to a halt every time he came in even though he shot the ball really well.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

O_Gardino

Re: RE: Re: NBA Eastern Conference Playoffs Round 1

Post by O_Gardino »

carey wrote:
Indy wrote: I don't think anyone is forgetting that part, but once Goran said he didn't want to be here, you had to pick between IT and Bledsoe. Easy choice for me.
Only in hindsight right? Because iirc people were complaining that IT was a ball hog & the offense ground to a halt every time he came in even though he shot the ball really well.
I thought he was just another 1 on 5 player who nobody wanted to play with, like a smaller Steve Francis. To be fair, he shot .426 for us, which is not very good.