NBA DRAFT NIGHT 2017!!!

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Wally_West

Re: NBA DRAFT NIGHT 2017!!!

Post by Wally_West »

Luke Kennard knows all the lyrics from Frozen?? Jesus Christ...

n4th4n

Post by n4th4n »

Indy wrote:
n4th4n wrote:Labeling a 20-year old with one incident under his belt a "bad kid" is crazy. And emblematic of what is wrong with our CJ system.
He is 20. He knows right from wrong. You don't threaten women like that or beat up a car. Bad sign. Especially if you want to be a multimillionaire. Doesn't show self control or good judgement.
To clarify, this is a bit of a sensitive subject for me. I mentor at-risk youth and a lot of them end up being labeled "bad kids" for a few bad decisions they made in their life. When their situations change, their lives change dramatically. The worst thing you can do is slap a label on a kid and decide what he is based on a few isolated situations you probably don't fully understand. I am not excusing bad behavior. And a 20-year old SHOULD know right from wrong. But you should NEVER close the book on a 20-year old like some people seem so hasty to do.
Last edited by n4th4n on Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:
n4th4n wrote:Labeling a 20-year old with one incident under his belt a "bad kid" is crazy. And emblematic of what is wrong with our CJ system.
He is 20. He knows right from wrong. You don't threaten women like that or beat up a car. Bad sign. Especially if you want to be a multimillionaire. Doesn't show self control or good judgement.
He's taken an anger management class and apologized. Let's give him a chance and not label him a mass murderer just yet.
Hey, i was defending him!
Sorry, I missed that. I still am to be honest.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wally_West wrote:Luke Kennard knows all the lyrics from Frozen?? Jesus Christ...
LOL! Talk about red flags!

"Be Legendary."

n4th4n

Post by n4th4n »

Indy wrote:
n4th4n wrote:
Indy wrote:
I know I did a lot of dumb s*** when I was 20. Somehow I turned out okay.
Did you threaten people and physically intimidate them?
I certainly didn't shy away from conflict when I was young!

n4th4n

Post by n4th4n »

n4th4n wrote:
Indy wrote:
To clarify, this is a bit of a sensitive subject for me. I mentor at-risk youth and a lot of them end up being labeled "bad kids" for a few bad decisions they made in their life. When their situations change, their lives change dramatically. The worst thing you can do is slap a label on a kid and decide what he is based on a few isolated situations you probably don't fully understand. I am not excusing bad behavior. And a 20-year old SHOULD know right from wrong. But you should NEVER close the book on a 20-year old like people seem so hasty to do

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

n4th4n wrote:
Indy wrote:
To clarify, this is a bit of a sensitive subject for me. I mentor at-risk youth and a lot of them end up being labeled "bad kids" for a few bad decisions they made in their life. When their situations change, their lives change dramatically. The worst thing you can do is slap a label on a kid and decide what he is based on a few isolated situations you probably don't fully understand. I am not excusing bad behavior. And a 20-year old SHOULD know right from wrong. But you should NEVER close the book on a 20-year old like a few of you seem so hasty to do.
I'm with you. I think the Suns will be a good environment for him. We've got a bunch of high character guys and familial coach.

"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

This is where the draft should get really interesting.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I hope you guys are right and the one time we heard about him doing this kind of thing, was the only time he did something like this and it was a complete aberration for him.

Indy

Post by Indy »

n4th4n wrote:
Indy wrote:
To clarify, this is a bit of a sensitive subject for me. I mentor at-risk youth and a lot of them end up being labeled "bad kids" for a few bad decisions they made in their life. When their situations change, their lives change dramatically. The worst thing you can do is slap a label on a kid and decide what he is based on a few isolated situations you probably don't fully understand. I am not excusing bad behavior. And a 20-year old SHOULD know right from wrong. But you should NEVER close the book on a 20-year old like some people seem so hasty to do.
I am not closing the book. I am saying that the best predictor of future behavior, is past behavior. Sure, some people change that, but it isn't the norm. Here is to hoping he is one of the few.

And thank you for what you do. People need good role models and mentors.

n4th4n

Post by n4th4n »

Indy wrote:
n4th4n wrote:
Indy wrote:
I am not closing the book. I am saying that the best predictor of future behavior, is past behavior. Sure, some people change that, but it isn't the norm. Here is to hoping he is one of the few.

And thank you for what you do. People need good role models and mentors.
I am hoping Watson, Booker, TC, and the gang can be just that for Jackson!

Indy

Post by Indy »

Me too

Split T

Post by Split T »

OG is dropping. I think we need a shooter, but if he keeps dropping, he could be a good value.

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

need a big man also

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

So how much longer before Informer jumps in with a larger than life F lol
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think he actually liked Jackson. He was just worried about the character issues.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Danimal wrote:need a big man also
Ya my guess is we go 3-D wing at 32 and Euro Big at 54

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

I just want to see a font 64 F. Like it had extra meaning because it was Bigger haha
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:I think he actually liked Jackson. He was just worried about the character issues.
Yep, that was my impression. I specifically asked him.

"Be Legendary."

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Jordan Bell or Ojelyele at #32. That's who I'm holding out for.