Bledsoe traded to Bucks

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
specialsauce

Re: Bledsoe traded to Bucks

Post by specialsauce »

He’s still out another week or two with a calf injury. Also, he may never step foot on the court in a suns jersey.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/928053291560394752

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

Fair enough on Monroe currently being hurt but til 'Bone posted it, I really thought he was older than 27. He was an important part of the Bucks 2nd half last season after Kidd decided to actually play him and let the bench unit run through him. My thing is wouldn't it make more sense to run him and Len who are different players than stick with 35yr old Tyson and Len who do similar things
Yes we not gonna be winning much but it is fairly obvious that it is Booker/TJ the only ppl we can count on to go get buckets and that we haven't had anyone to dump the ball into in forever. I just curious how long we gonna run Tyson 28-30
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Agreed. I actually don’t mind Monroe. He brings a skill set we don’t have.

I don’t have a clue with this FO is doing.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I can't even remember if I was for trading Jackson and Bledsoe or not. I think I was against it because I thought the organization thought Jackson could be a perennial all-star. I do know I was disappointed in the pick of Jackson though and wanted Fox or Tatum if he fell.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

We actually need a player like Monroe because of his low post presence. He'd make the game a lot easier on the rest of the perimeter players for sure and he's a walking double double. But he's not part of the future and we don't want to win games. Plus teams can't seem to get rid of him fast enough. Pistons didn't want him, Bucks were ready to trade him 6 months after they signed him. Not sure what it is. I've always been intrigued with him tho, wish we'd get a chance to see what he's got.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

ShelC wrote:We actually need a player like Monroe because of his low post presence. He'd make the game a lot easier on the rest of the perimeter players for sure and he's a walking double double. But he's not part of the future and we don't want to win games. Plus teams can't seem to get rid of him fast enough. Pistons didn't want him, Bucks were ready to trade him 6 months after they signed him. Not sure what it is. I've always been intrigued with him tho, wish we'd get a chance to see what he's got.
Same here. I'd like to win and make the game easier for Booker and Warren.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The Bucks are 1-4 without Monroe this year, so...
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Bucks Score Massive Win; Suns Make Big Mistake with Bledsoe Trade

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/nb ... omqyhsztv3

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

ShelC wrote:We actually need a player like Monroe because of his low post presence. He'd make the game a lot easier on the rest of the perimeter players for sure and he's a walking double double. But he's not part of the future and we don't want to win games. Plus teams can't seem to get rid of him fast enough. Pistons didn't want him, Bucks were ready to trade him 6 months after they signed him. Not sure what it is. I've always been intrigued with him tho, wish we'd get a chance to see what he's got.
Sounds exactly the same path as another one of our players, BK

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Bucks Score Massive Win; Suns Make Big Mistake with Bledsoe Trade

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/news/nb ... omqyhsztv3
Sounds to me like a paid note, or like fan reporting, Bucks’ fan it is.

with a case to be in the top half of the league That’s hardly an endorsement for elite talent. Not even the Sixers dumping Okafor qualifies as Big Mistake, if such player is not even top ten on his position. You are just turning the page. Our big mistake was overkeeping Eric, not trading him while he still has health and value, wich leads us to...

he has battled injuries for years /If he can stay on the court suddenly, nobody is talking about it around here anymore, his knees were called ticking bombs all of his tenure around here, now he is our departed 20/5/5 guy.

the Bucks still needed capable, dynamic creators and they still do!!! We all are familiar with Eric’s creating habilities, and if he suddenly becomes Rubio’s second coming, then he was dogging it even further that we think. “Capable creator” is fairly above Bledsoe’s level, so we can at least, take “massive” out of the headline.

Bottomline, as much as the headline sounds great as a talking point, actually reading it is really disappointing if looking for ammo against the trade, all they can say is that It feels like Phoenix had to be able to do better than this.... Wow, what a deep analysis, they keep telling that offensive centers are in a surplus, but barely above PG’s are as well, so we found each other. Plus the earlier cap space and the 1st round pick are coming our way, so “big mistake” is not, just not a great overhaul in our anually “disgruntled player trade”, but you can’t win all of your trades with such players, can you? We better get better on avoiding such disgruntling looking forward, so we stop selling for pennies, our nickel talent.

virtual9mm

Post by virtual9mm »

There is no question that I am disappointed in this outcome. This isn't any better than Mudiay and Faried. I do like the potential to get a late lottery pick, though, especially in this draft. The trade becomes reasonable if the Suns walk away with the #13 pick. The Bucks haven't played well without Monroe this year, but let's see how Bledsoe fits in. I wouldn't be surprised if Bledsoe starts averaging 20-5-5 with good defense. I also wouldn't be surprised if he comes up lame the next game.

There is also no question that the Suns should have traded Bledsoe earlier. Why didn't the Suns trade him at the deadline last year, or last summer when he still had a ton of value? I still wouldn't have liked the Kylie for Bled + Josh Jackson trade, because I think that JJ is going to be perhaps the best player of the three. I wonder if McDonough's reputation as hard-nosed negotiator is coming back and biting him on the ass -- just like how nobody wanted to trade with Ainge for a while.

Regarding Monroe, whether to cut him or to play him really depends on the way the Suns feel about Len and/or if they can trade Chandler. EITHER if they can trade Chandler OR if they do not plan on re-signing Len, play Monroe and make life easier for the other players. However, if NEITHER is the case, cut Monroe and leave Len feeling better about his situation here. I still wouldn't be surprised to see Len regressing, but he is very much playing within his game and I suspect that he'll continue to play as a capable NBA rotation player or even a borderline starter.

Vladimir_Taltos

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

Feel like a Cubs fan...

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I thought Monroe was more of a PF. Didn't think he defends well enough to play C.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2133 ... er-buy-out
Sources: Suns hope to flip Greg Monroe's expiring $17.8M deal
Adrian Wojnarowski

The Phoenix Suns prefer to explore the trade market on the expiring contract of Greg Monroe before proceeding on contract-buyout talks, league sources told ESPN.

The Suns acquired the veteran big man as part of a trade package for guard Eric Bledsoe with the Milwaukee Bucks on Tuesday and decidedly value Monroe's $17.8 million contract as a trade asset on the market. The Bucks included a protected 2018 first-round pick and a protected second-round pick in the deal.

Suns ship Bledsoe to Bucks for Monroe, picks
The Suns have traded Eric Bledsoe to the Bucks for Greg Monroe, a 2018 protected first-round pick and a 2018 protected second-round pick. The Bucks resisted including guard Malcolm Brogdon in the deal, sources said.
Monroe, 27, doesn't fit into the Suns' long-term rebuilding plans, and he likely would prefer to join a contending team as a free agent to increase his value on his way into the summer marketplace. Talks could eventually come on a contract buyout, and it's unlikely that he would remain in Phoenix beyond the February trading deadline -- leaving either by buyout or trade.

The possibility of a contract buyout could give the Suns freedom to be creative with an open roster spot...
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

I do not wish Eric Bledsoe well. He acted unprofessionally and screwed this team publicly when they were trying to help him. He then lied about it.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Bledsoe was a dud for me. I never liked his play style. He didn't make the Suns better. He played his best when Dragic was here. He and especially his agent can go to hell. I wish we had never traded for him to be honest. He was a mistake for this franchise.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

So are we signing McD to a 3 year extension this summer?

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Are you in that big a rush to see what Sarver and James Jones are gonna do when McD is gone?
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

I'll be pretty pissed if they don't even let Monroe set foot on the court. Dude's not a Jerome James or a Mike Sweetney bust. He just didn't develop into an All-Star. He's currently better than Chriss and better on offense than Bender and Chandler. I think we should have done better on the trade but don't make it even worse by cutting him immediately, sheesh.

I don't even know why they let it leak that they are going to try and trade him. Nobody is going to trade for Monroe. The best case is that he plays here, does well, and helps the team. Other teams are smart enough to wait for the Suns to cut him so they can pick him up at the minimum for the rest of the season.

Again, seems like another hasty trade by the Suns.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

djy2j wrote:I'll be pretty pissed if they don't even let Monroe set foot on the court. Dude's not a Jerome James or a Mike Sweetney bust. He just didn't develop into an All-Star. He's currently better than Chriss and better on offense than Bender and Chandler. I think we should have done better on the trade but don't make it even worse by cutting him immediately, sheesh.

I don't even know why they let it leak that they are going to try and trade him. Nobody is going to trade for Monroe. The best case is that he plays here, does well, and helps the team. Other teams are smart enough to wait for the Suns to cut him so they can pick him up at the minimum for the rest of the season.

Again, seems like another hasty trade by the Suns.
Nobody want's him; they want his expiring salary. The Suns want to trade him for a salary dump that brings back something we actually want.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan