2018 NBA Draft Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: 2018 NBA Draft Thread

Post by Split T »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Split T wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:I'll be surprised if we bring in three rookies without dumping Bender/Chriss and Ulis.
I'd be surprised if all 3 are back. Wouldn't be surprised if 2 are gone. Ulis/Chriss/Bender in likelihood they are gone.
I'd be really shocked if all 3 of those guys are gone. They aren't just going to throw their entire roster in the dumpster, including two top-10 first round picks.
True, I don't think all 3 will be gone. Most likely Bender will be here unless we use him in a trade package. But I think cutting Ulis is a real possibility. Moving Chriss, especially if we land another big, is probably a necessity.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Cap wrote:I kinda wish people would stop mentioning that Bender and Chriss were top-10 picks. That wasn’t a normal draft.
It's still worth mentioning that McD traded up in a shitty draft to take both of them.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Cap wrote:I kinda wish people would stop mentioning that Bender and Chriss were top-10 picks. That wasn’t a normal draft.
It's still worth mentioning that McD traded up in a s*** draft to take both of them.
Why? He didn’t trade much.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Cap wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
It's still worth mentioning that McD traded up in a s*** draft to take both of them.
I'd rather have the picks and Bogdanovic than Chirss. Was it really worth it to move up from 13 to 8 to take Chriss?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Cap wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
I'd rather have the picks and Bogdanovic than Chirss. Was it really worth it to move up from 13 to 8 to take Chriss?
The “it” in question was the #28 pick in that same crappy draft, a second-rounder, and Bogdan, who had no place here and very limited trade value.

Was it worth trading crap for crap? Meh. It’s not a good trade, but it’s not a bad trade either. It’s an insignificant trade.

Split T

Post by Split T »

In hindsight? Probably not, but it's not like we really missed out either. That draft just sucked. The players Sacramento took are just as bad or worse than Chriss. The only question is if you'd want the right to pay Bogdon.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Cap wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Cap wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
The “it” in question was the #28 pick in that same crappy draft, a second-rounder, and Bogdan, who had no place here and very limited trade value.

Was it worth trading crap for crap? Meh. It’s not a good trade, but it’s not a bad trade either. It’s an insignificant trade.
It was a low risk high reward trade. It doesn’t look like Chriss is going to be anything special in this league, but I’m not losing sleep over Bogdan Bogdanovic.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:
Cap wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Cap wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

It was a low risk high reward trade. It doesn’t look like Chriss is going to be anything special in this league, but I’m not losing sleep over Bogdan Bogdanovic.
Agreed
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

Yep, looks like it didn't pan out this time, but I'd do it again.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'd rather have Skal Labissiere than Chriss.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:I'd rather have Skal Labissiere than Chriss.
I’d rather have neither?

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Agreed.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

specialsauce wrote:
I’d rather have neither?
Skal has shown to be a competent NBA player despite Dave Joerger jerking his minutes around and suffering from a couple of minor injures this year. He's also not a headcase.

carey

Post by carey »

This year's Davon Reed? https://www.bulletsforever.com/2018/2/2 ... yri-thomas

Sounds like a Daniels that can actually play defense while also shooting 40% from 3.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Split T

Post by Split T »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
I’d rather have neither?
Skal has shown to be a competent NBA player despite Dave Joerger jerking his minutes around and suffering from a couple of minor injures this year. He's also not a headcase.
I don't think skal has shown much of anything. He's been back and forth in the g league still. His numbers look better than Chriss this year but by no means is he a good NBA rotation player yet. But I won't argue with wanting him more than Chriss. I agree with sauce though, I'll pass on both.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

INFORMER wrote:
Agreed.
Only because his contract is smaller. If you are going to take a risk on an athletic big guy who doesn't seem to have much bball IQ, take that risk later in the draft.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

carey wrote:This year's Davon Reed? https://www.bulletsforever.com/2018/2/2 ... yri-thomas

Sounds like a Daniels that can actually play defense while also shooting 40% from 3.
I don't get the Reed reference. Thomas could go in the late lottery; Reed was a mid-to-late 2nd rounder that the Suns overdrafted.

I wouldn't compare him to Daniels either. Thomas is a better penetrator (straight-line drives) and far superior athleticall.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

INFORMER wrote:
carey wrote:This year's Davon Reed? https://www.bulletsforever.com/2018/2/2 ... yri-thomas

I don't get the Reed reference. Thomas could go in the late lottery; Reed was a mid-to-late 2nd rounder that the Suns overdrafted.

I wouldn't compare him to Daniels either. Thomas is a better penetrator (straight-line drives) and far superior athleticall.
Agreed
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

O_Gardino wrote:
INFORMER wrote:
Agreed.
Only because his contract is smaller. If you are going to take a risk on an athletic big guy who doesn't seem to have much bball IQ, take that risk later in the draft.
Not just that. I trusted Skal's rim protection and shooting form more than anything I had seen from Chriss.

carey

Post by carey »

INFORMER wrote:

Interesting. I've been reading he was mocked in the 25 to 35 range. Also he's 22 and is supposed to be a 3 & D guy which is what Reed is.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!