Suns News: Offseason

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
carey

Re: Suns News: Offseason

Post by carey »

It's childish. The guy got paid a lot and he chose not to play for the team during the bubble. I don't see how Sarver was the one doing him wrong. People just don't like getting traded.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Pips

Post by Pips »

They live in their bubbles, Marion wanted max, Dragić wanted max, Joe wanted to be man...

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood »

Everyone knows Sarver is an ass. I'm not mad at Oubre for speaking an inconvenient truth.

jonh

Post by jonh »

I think this speaks to the article yesterday discussing how he was frustrated about the players attitudes while he was here. I appreciate the fact that he didn't speak publicly about his frustrations while he was one the team, but it makes me feel better about the fact that we traded him when we did. I don't think he was happy taking a backseat to Booker and Rubio last year, and I can't imagine he would have been happy taking a backseat to CP3 and Booker this year.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Wormwood wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:59 am
Everyone knows Sarver is an ass. I'm not mad at Oubre for speaking an inconvenient truth.
Yeah, stop the presses ... somebody takes a swipe at Sarver. Like he's the first ... :P
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

carey wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:14 am
It's childish. The guy got paid a lot and he chose not to play for the team during the bubble. I don't see how Sarver was the one doing him wrong. People just don't like getting traded.
Regardless of Sarver, PHX made him better by throwing him a life preserver. Expressing gratitude is the professional way to go out. Sounds like he wanted to be a star here but he started making himself in an island instead. Should’ve played in the bubble, dude. He’s a young man still, he will figure it out someday.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Nothing he said is untrue. We all know Sarver is a shitty person and only cares about himself.

jonh

Post by jonh »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:30 am
carey wrote:
Regardless of Sarver, PHX made him better by throwing him a life preserver. Expressing gratitude is the professional way to go out. Sounds like he wanted to be a star here but he started making himself in an island instead. Should’ve played in the bubble, dude. He’s a young man still, he will figure it out someday.
Im excited to see how he does. He showed flashes of greatness here, and I will cheer for him wherever he goes--the golden state situation seems perfect for him. That said, I would also not be surprised if he has issues with not having a large enough role on the Warriors.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Drewsprocket wrote:
carey wrote:
When you say this, what do you mean? Who specifically? If the head of the org is an asshole, you can say that when you don't work there anymore. And he was smart about how he said it. He didn't say Sarver was a jerk, he said I now get to play for an owner that cares about the org more than the impression of the org.

Indy

Post by Indy »

jonh wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:32 am
Drewsprocket wrote:
carey wrote:
Im excited to see how he does. He showed flashes of greatness here, and I will cheer for him wherever he goes--the golden state situation seems perfect for him. That said, I would also not be surprised if he has issues with not having a large enough role on the Warriors.
I think it will be a big role with Klay out. Dray has seemed really slow the last couple of years, and you just never know with Wiggins. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kelly 2nd on the team in points and shots.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I really wish we can get past bagging on players when they leave here. If Kelly had problems it was with Sarver, not us. Last I checked almost all of us have problems with Sarver too. Kelly is on our side. And I’m not speaking directly to anyone here, mostly to fairly public suns fans on Twitter I’ve seen making negative comments to Kelly. Kelly was awesome, in hindsight maybe the fit wasn’t what we thought, I wish him well the rest of his career.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Agreed Split. He's gone. Can we stop picking apart everything he says and trying to bag on him or bag on Sarver? We have a new team going into next season that's worth being excited about. Loved Oubre while he was here. But I didn't want him taking touches away from Booker and Ayton. It's for the best for him and for us.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Split T wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:51 am
I really wish we can get past bagging on players when they leave here. If Kelly had problems it was with Sarver, not us. Last I checked almost all of us have problems with Sarver too. Kelly is on our side. And I’m not speaking directly to anyone here, mostly to fairly public suns fans on Twitter I’ve seen making negative comments to Kelly. Kelly was awesome, in hindsight maybe the fit wasn’t what we thought, I wish him well the rest of his career.
THIS

The worst part about the Sarver era is how every player's tenure here ends with public bickering.

Kelly is an emotional guy. Sarver is an asshole. It's not news that Kelly is upset about how things went down. At least let the fans be better than that.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:21 am
Agreed Split. He's gone. Can we stop picking apart everything he says and trying to bag on him or bag on Sarver? We have a new team going into next season that's worth being excited about. Loved Oubre while he was here. But I didn't want him taking touches away from Booker and Ayton. It's for the best for him and for us.
Okay okay you’re right.

He can eat a bag of dicks.

Sorry. Last one. Promise.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

INFORMER wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:44 pm
Indy wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:00 pm
I think you need to at least make the playoffs or acquire a top 5 player before you can call yourself a contender.
He could be calling his shot. When the Suns got Nash, they went from lottery to best record in the West. Maybe something like that happens here. The Suns could be a contender if these three guys show up:

1. Dominayton
2. OKCCP3
3. Scrimmage Bridges
This is exactly what would need to happen.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Indy wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:35 am
Drewsprocket wrote:
carey wrote:
When you say this, what do you mean? Who specifically? If the head of the org is an asshole, you can say that when you don't work there anymore. And he was smart about how he said it. He didn't say Sarver was a jerk, he said I now get to play for an owner that cares about the org more than the impression of the org.
I’m just tone policing the kid. He said more than just playing for an owner. Don’t think Kerr isn’t mindful how to keep him outta the headlines for the wrong reasons. It’s a poor look for him when he clearly came up because of the opportunity. Complaining about not getting plays called, people not taking to his leadership.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Drewsprocket wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:51 am
Indy wrote:
Drewsprocket wrote:
carey wrote:
I’m just tone policing the kid. He said more than just playing for an owner. Don’t think Kerr isn’t mindful how to keep him outta the headlines for the wrong reasons. It’s a poor look for him when he clearly came up because of the opportunity. Complaining about not getting plays called, people not taking to his leadership.
Got it. I guess my question was "who is PHX vs Sarver" and who saved him from the Wiz. But I completely agree about his garbage points comments and leadership. Leadership would have come from him taking responsibility to get his mind right to play in the Bubble.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

Indy wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:58 am
Drewsprocket wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:51 am
Indy wrote:
Drewsprocket wrote:
carey wrote:
Got it. I guess my question was "who is PHX vs Sarver" and who saved him from the Wiz. But I completely agree about his garbage points comments and leadership. Leadership would have come from him taking responsibility to get his mind right to play in the Bubble.
Still a fun player and I wish him the best, his success in GSW will be finishing off of Steph and Dray’s playmaking. He must have been thrown for a loop I guess when he was shipped out.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

I wonder if Oubre knows that Kerr picked Sarver to buy the Suns.......

I won't miss the sideshow that went with him - a lot of fluff that doesn't help you win games, which should be the real objective. The Suns apparently felt he was ready to play in the bubble, but he chose to play it safe (which is his right). But I certainly wouldn't blame the team for questioning his commitment if they thought he was healthy and was just looking to protect his future earning.

Yes, Sarver has proven to be one of the worst owners in the league, but I think you have to just each instance on its own. Sometimes you don't have to say everything you think just because the spotlight is on you.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Luckily he's going to be playing for Joe Lacob, who's organization is "light years" ahead of the rest of the NBA.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695