POLL: Grade the Suns' draft overall

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.

Suns overall draft grade

A+
12%
A
21%
A-
21%
B+
21%
B
19%
B-
No votes
C+
No votes
C
2%
C-
2%
D+
No votes
D
No votes
D-
No votes
F
No votes

Total votes: 42

Indy

Re: POLL: Grade the Suns' draft overall

Post by Indy »

Shabazz wrote:Dude, chill. I'm not on the site all day.

My joke had nothing to do with you and everything to do with Wormwood labeling Josh Jackson a future serial killer based on his incident at Kansas.

And no, SDC, I'm not suggesting we shoot Wormwood either.
I figured out your secret code. Look what happens when you remove every word that starts with "n"

SDC

Post by SDC »

Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:sdc: They are joking about "shooting" Josh Jackson. If people were joking about shooting a poster on this site, I would ask them to stop or remove/block such comments. Either way we should be careful with any such jokes.
Thank you for not quoting him in your posts.
Agreed. Occasionally I'll take a peek but I usually remember quickly why I have his posts blocked.
is that even possible for a moderator?

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Indy wrote:

My joke had nothing to do with you and everything to do with Wormwood labeling Josh Jackson a future serial killer based on his incident at Kansas.

I figured out your secret code. Look what happens when you remove every word that starts with "n"
Wormwood better not watch his back.

Indy

Post by Indy »

3.5/7

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Shabazz wrote:
Indy wrote:

Wormwood better not watch his back.
Haha
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

TOO

Post by TOO »

Hahaha yeah, it was this. Jackson somehow morphed into Jerrod Mustaf by the end of his rant.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

3rdside wrote:
ShelC wrote:But you said you had read about the inevitability of Porzingis breaking down, just curious as to where you read that.

And the reasoning that a full career is more than 15 seasons is completely subjective. Guys are having longer careers now because of training, treatment, diet, etc so they're playing longer. Most of the guys you listed played 3-4 years of college, came into the league at 22 and were usually productive until around 33-34. Mutombo came into the league at 25, and actually played 17 seasons. Over his first 15 seasons, he averaged 76 games.
Inevitable is my choice of word to be fair; not one tall white guy has played more than 9 full seasons..And Mutombo - I read the split season (Atl/Phil - 01/02) as separate seasons so his stats should read:

18 seasons played of which 5 or so weren't full and in the first 15 seasons only 2 weren't complete and 1 was nearly full(ish) with 65 games.

A lot of subjectivity in my post based on the collective of the other tall guys there.
I also read an article mentioning Porzingis has his brother as his strength and conditioning coach and they don't really do a lot of strength training. His core is suspect. I'd venture on lower back problems but who knows.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:sdc: They are joking about "shooting" Josh Jackson. If people were joking about shooting a poster on this site, I would ask them to stop or remove/block such comments. Either way we should be careful with any such jokes.
Agreed. Occasionally I'll take a peek but I usually remember quickly why I have his posts blocked.
I know!

I was having a politically incorrect laugh out of all of this (my reading is far more advanced than my writing so I usually only read this kind of exchanges, afraid to write something wrong), then suddenly it morphed into some "Are you looking to me? -drunk-in-a-bar" kind of thing, I had to unblock SDC's comments and saw why the mood changed so fast. For someone that likes to stir the pot almost on every post he writes, he has an incredibly thin skin.

Now the joke is over, we should shoot it out of mercy...

SDC

Post by SDC »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:
I know!

I was having a politically incorrect laugh out of all of this (my reading is far more advanced than my writing so I usually only read this kind of exchanges, afraid to write something wrong), then suddenly it morphed into some "Are you looking to me? -drunk-in-a-bar" kind of thing, I had to unblock SDC's comments and saw why the mood changed so fast. For someone that likes to stir the pot almost on every post he writes, he has an incredibly thin skin.

okay, how about practicing some civility and respect in this forum. just because you disagree doesnt mean you personally attack.

it's still a fact that josh jackson cant shoot. that's data for you ( if you know your elementary level math.)

Indy

Post by Indy »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:
I know!

I don't think you give your writing enough credit. Feel free to post/write more. You write better in English than many of us native speakers...

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

SDC wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:
I know!

okay, how about practicing some civility and respect in this forum. just because you disagree doesnt mean you personally attack.

it's still a fact that josh jackson cant shoot. that's data for you ( if you know your elementary level math.)
Yeah, we all agree that he needs to improve his shooting, but you said that he is worse in every shooting category than MKG was when he came out of Kentucky. I didn't refute it at first, because I assumed you were comparing stats. I certainly didn't think you were comparing shooting form. It just didn't sound right to me, so I looked up the stats myself and it turned out that Jackson was better at everything except free throw shooting. Using your elementary math skills, explain how Jackson is worse at "EVERYTHING" than MKG was coming out. If you have the data, back up your claim. It should be easy to prove if you are so convinced that is the case.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

His only claim is free throw shooting. It's the reason Fultz was a bad prospect too.

And MKG had the worst shooting form I've ever seen, Jackson's is much better.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

To be honest, I'm not totally sold that Jackson will be the best player out of who was available to the Suns. I will however go out on a limb right now and say that he will put up better stats than MKG this year. And that's against a guy a lot of people are comparing him to, was a former #2 pick, picked ahead of Beal, Waiters, Lillard, Barnes, Drummond, Green and is going into his 6th year.

Indy

Post by Indy »

It is not worth the time, guys.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

sdc: Silence is not admission of guilt. Multiple folks have explained the situation/joke and confirmed that it was not about you, and some of the others who didn't respond to your question directly may have you muted/blocked, which would explain their lack of response. I don't think the situation needs to be explained or justified any further. It was an off-color joke, and we should always be careful joking about things like death or shootings, but it is confirmed that nobody was directing any such joke at you. As I said, I would not tolerate such a joke if it were directed at a member of the site. We all wish you well and nobody here would suggest violence toward you.

As for Josh Jackson, I hope he is literally with our best shooting coaches already right now. Got to get to work on fixing that jump shot post haste!

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

SDC wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Superbone wrote:
Indy wrote:
I know!

Are you threatening me, dude?

It's a simple question.

WHO. ARE. YOU. RE. FER. RING. TO?

:lol:

Yeah, please enlight me about civility and respect, while mocking somebody's math level... What's next? Momma jokes?

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Indy wrote:I don't think you give your writing enough credit. Feel free to post/write more. You write better in English than many of us native speakers...
Thank you very much, it means a lot to me.

But I still remember wishing Leandro Barbosa a "good riddance" as my final sentence, saying good bye to one of my favorites players at that time!!!

:oops:

Cap

Post by Cap »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Indy wrote:I don't think you give your writing enough credit. Feel free to post/write more. You write better in English than many of us native speakers...

But I still remember wishing Leandro Barbosa a "good riddance" as my final sentence, saying good bye to one of my favorites players at that time!!!

LOL. Well, he came back to give you another chance to get the goodbye right. When he leaves this time, I'm betting you won't say "good riddance."

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Cap wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:

LOL. Well, he came back to give you another chance to get the goodbye right. When he leaves this time, I'm betting you won't say "good riddance."
Oh no, I won't, lesson learned!!!

I was looking at your new sig, and I hesitate as JJ has been used on relation to good ol' Joe. Hopefully our new guy will steal the moniker from him really soon. No doubt, that nothing last forever...

Indy

Post by Indy »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
Cap wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:

Oh no, I won't, lesson learned!!!

I was looking at your new sig, and I hesitate as JJ has been used on relation to good ol' Joe. Hopefully our new guy will steal the moniker from him really soon. No doubt, that nothing last forever...
I still love watching Joe play.