SL Game Day: Suns (0-0) @ Kings (0-0), Fri 7/7/17

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: SL Game Day: Suns (0-0) @ Kings (0-0), Fri 7/7/17

Post by Superbone »

The Bobster wrote:Chriss's complaining about calls is in mid-season form already.
Yep, coaches need to get on him for that. One time he even let the ball go out of bounds because he thought he was fouled. Enough with the complaining. Just play ball.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Where'd all these Fox/Tatum guys come from? I felt so alone on my Tatum boat :lol:

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
The Bobster wrote:Chriss's complaining about calls is in mid-season form already.
Yep, coaches need to get on him for that. One time he even let the ball go out of bounds because he thought he was fouled. Enough with the complaining. Just play ball.
It's also annoying that he has that Boogie Cousins resting bitch face. Ugh.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Funny, I also called Reed's stroke "sweet" when watching from the arena. I was about 20 rows up from center court btw. It was awesome. He was definitely a nice surprise. JJ started out slow but had a very good all around game. His form still needs a lot of work but he was surprisingly hitting those step back jumpers.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

https://twitter.com/NBATV/status/883565570330738688

jonh

Post by jonh »

Well, I am fine with hanging out on my Josh Jackson bandwagon--we needed defense at the spot, and he provides that.

It would be nice if our high draft picks over the last 2 years could shoot though. Also not a fan of the "edge" that Watson likes our players to have.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Why is Bender the PF and Chriss the C? I think of them the other way around, with Bender being slightly slower of foot but better on defense and protecting the paint. Why wouldn't Bender be the natural center?
I agree. I think Bender is ultimately a 5.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Sunsfan4life wrote:
I hate to say it but his complaining n on court demeanor reminds me of morris...
Agreed.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Caught most of the 1st half and was pretty frustrated. Chriss and Bender both look a lot bigger/thicker but I think it's impacted their athleticism. I don't know what Chriss does well offensively. He's not a post player and bricked his 3s, finished with 8TOs and 9PFs. Bender looks like a confident basketball player out there, defended well and looks like he could handle the 4 this year. But his offense is just out of whack and he wasn't rebounding or blocking shots.

Jackson is noticeable out there for his defense and hustle. He had some nice drives and his ball handling is above average. He'll play better with better players but I don't see him ever being a threat off the dribble. He slashed to the basketball a few times which was nice to see. But I am down a bit right now because Fox and Tatum look like studs and Jackson looks like a very good role player. He finished 6-17 from the field which I think will be his shooting line most nights.

I was dozing off when Reed started getting going so I'm going to finish up the 2nd half later today. He looks the part tho and will help this year I think.

Our offense was a joke. It seemed like we always ended up with someone on the perimeter just trying to create a shot for themselves while everyone else looked around.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

It's summer league. One game of summer league. Relax.

I'm not sure who's really been expecting Chriss to be something more than he's already shown. Yeah, it's nice to think about what ifs, but he's not going to magically become a smarter player just because we don't see him play for a few months.

Same thing with Bender. He missed a lot of playing time his first year, so I'm not expecting a big jump from him anytime soon.

Jackson will also be fine. He's an elite athlete and he plays harder than most guys. He'll have some ugly moments for sure, but he's definitely a core player for the long term.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

carey

Post by carey »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
carey wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I am on record as wishing we had gotten either of Tatum or DeAaron Fox (accompanied by Bledsoe trade) rather than Josh Jackson. We'll see how they pan out.
Are you just now saying that? Cause I thought I was the only one saying it at draft time.
Err what?
Weren't you a Tatum guy first?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

Apologies to all you Fox guys. I honestly don't remember anyone saying he was their first choice.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Cap

Post by Cap »

They had him miked up the whole game, and I don't remember a single "What does the Fox say?" joke.

carey

Post by carey »

Cap wrote:They had him miked up the whole game, and I don't remember a single "What does the Fox say?" joke.
Talk about missed opportunity. I'd also like to know what Chriss said to Fox after that block. I'm sure whatever it was it was scrubbed. Lol.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

carey wrote:
Cap wrote:They had him miked up the whole game, and I don't remember a single "What does the Fox say?" joke.
Talk about missed opportunity. I'd also like to know what Chriss said to Fox after that block. I'm sure whatever it was it was scrubbed. Lol.
I heard him clearly say, "Get that shit out of here!"
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Did Harry Giles play last night or did I just zone out when he was in? Don't remember seeing him on the court for Sacto.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

carey wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:I am on record as wishing we had gotten either of Tatum or DeAaron Fox (accompanied by Bledsoe trade) rather than Josh Jackson. We'll see how they pan out.
Are you just now saying that? Cause I thought I was the only one saying it at draft time.
I think Shel loved Fox and preferred Tatum to Jackson. I like Jackson better than Fox individually, but I would have been happier getting Fox and moving Bledsoe for more assets.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Sunsfan4life wrote:Did Harry Giles play last night or did I just zone out when he was in? Don't remember seeing him on the court for Sacto.
I don't remember seeing him at all either, and I was kind of looking for him.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

They had Fox mic'ed up, and he said something about being "fair and balanced" and taking his opponents to the "no-spin zone."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I come away from this SL game really disappointed with Chriss. I didn't like his selection last year, though I admitted that he grew on me over his rookie year. But if he keeps "growing" and playing like he did last night, I wouldn't want him around on this team. Bender could be our future 4 and Len/Williams/whoever could be our 5, and let Chriss go. I don't want any bad attitude players or guys who nag the refs the whole game. Chriss looked like the ghost of everything I hated about the M****s twins from a few years ago.