Suns News: Week 11 3/1-3/7

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
BAMF

Re: Suns News: Week 11 3/1-3/7

Post by BAMF »

Shabazz wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:59 pm
Jevon and Jalen?
If you were the Cavs would you taking Jevon or Jalen for Nance?

pickle

Post by pickle »

If I'm the Cavs I'd have a decent amount of interest in Jalen. I know that we get frustrated because he's not Haliburton, but he is a first rounder with a profile that fits for the modern NBA somewhat. Solid shot blocker and potential 3 point shooter who could either play alongside Allen or spell him, like we were hoping for here in Phoenix, except he needs a couple of more years which I guess doesn't necessarily jive with our current timeline.

OTOH I'm not willing to give up on him quite yet, despite being frustrated that he's not Haliburton. I'd be willing to part with a heavily protected first that turns into two seconds, along with Jevon and/or one of Moore/Gallo. Too bad we don't have any other assets right now, and Nance might fetch a solid mid-first. If I'm Denver I'm throwing in a stronger pick for him.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cool to see Paul recruiting Vucevic at the all-star game.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Wow, Paul can dunk an alley oop!

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Great first half for CP3. 6 points, 6 rebounds (tied for most in the game), 12 assists (on pace to break Magic Johnson's record of 22), and 2 steals. Could he get the MVP?
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

BAMF

Post by BAMF »

pickle wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:26 pm
If I'm the Cavs I'd have a decent amount of interest in Jalen. I know that we get frustrated because he's not Haliburton, but he is a first rounder with a profile that fits for the modern NBA somewhat. Solid shot blocker and potential 3 point shooter who could either play alongside Allen or spell him, like we were hoping for here in Phoenix, except he needs a couple of more years which I guess doesn't necessarily jive with our current timeline.

OTOH I'm not willing to give up on him quite yet, despite being frustrated that he's not Haliburton. I'd be willing to part with a heavily protected first that turns into two seconds, along with Jevon and/or one of Moore/Gallo. Too bad we don't have any other assets right now, and Nance might fetch a solid mid-first. If I'm Denver I'm throwing in a stronger pick for him.
I'm frustrated with the Haliburton miss as well. When watching the Draft I told my wife the Knicks are taking either Topin (reminds me or Amare') or Haliburton. Who they don't pick the Suns should pick.

But back on subject I don't think the Cavs would take a point guard is my take. They have great Guards already with Sexton and Garland (btw I would prefer to trade for one of them). So if they were to take one yea it would be Moore/Galo or both for the vet leadership. I just don't see it happening maybe with that first you are talking about, but unless Nance requested out if I'm the Cavs I'm not letting him go for that. Just my take on it.

pickle

Post by pickle »

I understand, I'm just talking about what the Suns might be willing to give up, not that that package would necessarily work, since I think plenty of teams are interested in Nance and I'm guessing other teams have more intriguing pieces to offer.

With respect to Carter though, he's not really a 1, though he is slightly undersized as a 2; Sexland is a good story, but I also think their ceiling might be Lillard and McCollum and that's being exceedingly generous. They will need a defensive minded guard to come in off the bench to help take pressure off Garland for sure and Sexton also focuses so much of his energy on offense that having someone spell him on the other end will help. They really need a guy like Lonzo, since Carter lacks the size to truly play a 30 minute role, but he's a good start to what they are trying to build.

I like the Cavs now that there's no LeBron there. Big fan of Allen and I'm rooting for Okoro.

pickle

Post by pickle »

Also, I'm jealous that your wife listens to your basketball thoughts. My wife doesn't mind my Suns obsession but I think she looks at it as tolerable silliness. She has no idea who the Knicks are and certainly has zero clue about Toppin or Haliburton.

BAMF

Post by BAMF »

pickle wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 7:49 pm
Also, I'm jealous that your wife listens to your basketball thoughts. My wife doesn't mind my Suns obsession but I think she looks at it as tolerable silliness. She has no idea who the Knicks are and certainly has zero clue about Toppin or Haliburton.
Mine doesn't either she just recognizes names and how they look. She really likes Monty as she typically watches the press conferences with me.

I also get suns gear form my Mother in Law which is also a plus!

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Wally_West wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:51 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:20 pm
Wally_West wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:58 pm
ShelC wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:11 pm
Jones is kissing ass there. He's been on the job for 2 years and things have broken our way ridiculously well. I don't mind if Sarver's grown and would happily acknowledge it, except we've seen 10 years of hiring and trusting the wrong people, 15 years of pettiness, and the recent necklace/9-11 comment. He's an ass. Best thing he can do is stay out of the spotlight, keep his mouth shut and cut the checks. If that counts as growth, I'll be his biggest supporter.
Sarver was talking about a car. The Porsche 911. Not the terror attack. He was having fun with the players. I don’t understand why people are making a big deal out of it. Crowder posted it to his Instagram story so it’s not like Sarver was purposely making it about himself. Clearly everyone was having fun.
You’re guessing, and personally I think you’re wrong. Rather that or his English is terrible. He said the last time I got what I want was 911. Not “the 911.” Doesn’t make sense.

We’ll probably have to agree to disagree on this one but this what I hear:

“I think about the only time I could get what I wanted would be a 911” I don’t hear “was” at any point and don’t think you have to call the Porsche 911 as “the 911”, I think simply saying “911” would suffice depending on context of the conversation. Also, I think it is important to note there probably was some drinking involved in this situation, seeing how Sarver has his damn nips and looks buzzed.
I guess I don’t hear “a 911” I just hear “911.”

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Paul with the second most minutes on his team with 14 in the first half. Chill.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

New Lawler's Law: first team to 170 wins.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

specialsauce wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:05 pm
Wally_West wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Wally_West wrote:
ShelC wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:11 pm
Jones is kissing ass there. He's been on the job for 2 years and things have broken our way ridiculously well. I don't mind if Sarver's grown and would happily acknowledge it, except we've seen 10 years of hiring and trusting the wrong people, 15 years of pettiness, and the recent necklace/9-11 comment. He's an ass. Best thing he can do is stay out of the spotlight, keep his mouth shut and cut the checks. If that counts as growth, I'll be his biggest supporter.
Sarver was talking about a car. The Porsche 911. Not the terror attack. He was having fun with the players. I don’t understand why people are making a big deal out of it. Crowder posted it to his Instagram story so it’s not like Sarver was purposely making it about himself. Clearly everyone was having fun.
You’re guessing, and personally I think you’re wrong. Rather that or his English is terrible. He said the last time I got what I want was 911. Not “the 911.” Doesn’t make sense.

“I think about the only time I could get what I wanted would be a 911” I don’t hear “was” at any point and don’t think you have to call the Porsche 911 as “the 911”, I think simply saying “911” would suffice depending on context of the conversation. Also, I think it is important to note there probably was some drinking involved in this situation, seeing how Sarver has his damn nips and looks buzzed.
What’s the point? Why would he be referring to a terrorist attack. Let it go.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Indy

Post by Indy »

BAMF wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:18 am
Danimal wrote:
Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:09 pm
Not sure where to post this but have seen some rumours the kings want to trade Bagley. Any idea what their fan base thinks of him?
I'm good if they dont want much in return. He went to Corona Del Sol so his home here in the Valley. He and DA have played together and are friends as well. He will need to get on board with being in a TEAM and get his defense game in line. But I am sure he has always wanted to play here. If you have seen his draft interviews I think he wanted to be here more than anything.
how did I miss that he went to my high school?!?

Split T

Post by Split T »

Think he was only there as a freshman... then transferred to a school in Cali I think?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

SunsRIt wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 9:07 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:05 pm
Wally_West wrote:
specialsauce wrote:
Wally_West wrote:

What’s the point? Why would he be referring to a terrorist attack. Let it go.
Right? It makes no sense.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

And now we wait. Four days until our next game. At least it will give Booker some recovery time.

"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:10 am
Think he was only there as a freshman... then transferred to a school in Cali I think?
Ah, that would make sense. Although it isn't like I keep up that well with Corona's program over the last... 27 years. Ugh.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Indy wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:50 am
Split T wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 12:10 am
Ah, that would make sense. Although it isn't like I keep up that well with Corona's program over the last... 27 years. Ugh.
Yeah Bone. You would have been in your 50s when Bagley went to Conora. Unlikely you're very familiar with most of the kids coming out of there.

:P
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton