Game Day Playoff Edition — WCF, Game 5 — Los Angeles Clippers @ Phoenix Suns, Monday 6/28/2021

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Wally_West

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition — WCF, Game 5 — Los Angeles Clippers @ Phoenix Suns, Monday 6/28/2021

Post by Wally_West »

These type of losses just brings most negative thoughts from me. Just can’t shake the feeling we’re gonna blow these next games. Feel like shit.

iLLmatic

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition — WCF, Game 5 — Los Angeles Clippers @ Phoenix Suns, Monday 6/28/2021

Post by iLLmatic »

Clippers walking everywhere and not getting called for it

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

It was a dissapointing start.
Total No shows by Ayton n Cam Payne
And i think Montys worst coached game of the playoffs. He let Lue dictate the lineups he put out there.
But the main reason they lost is total dosaster on Defense complete with trying to double george with booker n CP while leaving Reggie Jackson twice
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Wally_West wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:25 pm
These type of losses just brings most negative thoughts from me. Just can’t shake the feeling we’re gonna blow these next games. Feel like shit.
I'm usually a positive guy but 94 n 95 are in my.mind.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Same. Did they think the Clippers were just gonna roll over?

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

I'll really try to not think about basketball for the next 48 hours.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Clippers have momentum, Clippers have the confidence, and Suns just don’t have answers for them for most of the series. I’m at a lost.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:34 pm
Same. Did they think the Clippers were just gonna roll over?
A little bit, and Zubac as a late scratch caught them off guard. They didn't take Morris seriously.

I think they'll be ready in game 6, but I'm also pretty confident in this series going to 7 games.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Suns got completely outworked and outplayed. Super disappointing.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Bad time for our worst game of the playoffs. No positives to come from this. It’s all about how we respond.
We Suns fans know we can’t do things the easy way.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

We have one solid win in this series. It is definitely not a good feeling going back to LA with a 3-2 lead. Suns did not show up defensively. DA was a minus 22.

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:43 pm
We have one solid win in this series. It is definitely not a good feeling going back to LA with a 3-2 lead. Suns did not show up defensively. DA was a minus 22.
Yeah, and those wins are without Kawhi.

I hope Ayton's not fatigued.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Suns really had a terrible time against the Clips' zone defense. We barely got any good looks all night. Chris Paul looked off to me. Payne also really struggled. Book had a big scoring night, and Cam Johnson continues to put up great numbers. I don't think Ayton had a bad game, but it reminded me of old games where he'd set a screen, roll, and nobody would pass it to him. Overall our ball movement really sucked. I hate when our guys don't look to pass or move the ball. The offense looked like a clogged toilet the whole night.

Split T

Post by Split T »

First bad game for DA, he looked like Rudy against the Clippers out there tonight. Honestly I’d match their small lineup with our own small lineup. Go ahead and start Ayton, see if he can take advantage, but I’d pull him early if he can’t and bring him in against Cousins, or Zubac if he plays.

The fact that the clippers can play pretty much every defensive style is giving us problems.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Offense was not our problem tonight. We can’t let them score 59 points in a half.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Clippers have outscored their opponents by 76 points without Kawhi this playoff. They have outscored us by 17 for the series. We’ve been out played all series. It honestly feels like we lost the series tonight.

Also I’m very up in my feelings tonight. Probably feel better after some sleep and but damn am I at all time low with this season. Never felt like this all season

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

You've got to come out ready to play. Those points you give up in the first quarter count just as much as any other quarter....
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Poor Indy.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Split T

Post by Split T »

Wally_West wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:56 pm
Clippers have outscored their opponents by 76 points without Kawhi this playoff. They have outscored us by 17 for the series. We’ve been out played all series. It honestly feels like we lost the series tonight.

Also I’m very up in my feelings tonight. Probably feel better after some sleep and but damn am I at all time low with this season. Never felt like this all season
This series could very easily be over already and the clippers moving on. Take away the Valley Oop and whatever we did to hold on in game 4 and the Clippers would have taken this in 5.

Still, we’re up 3-2. We just need 1. Have we still not lost 3 in a row since January?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The Suns just got punked in their home gym in a close out game. It's just so...typical.

I'm a basketball fan before I'm a Suns fan, but I don't think I'll be able to watch/read/listen to anything basketball related for months if they blow this series.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.