Game Day Playoff Edition — WCF, Game 5 — Los Angeles Clippers @ Phoenix Suns, Monday 6/28/2021

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition — WCF, Game 5 — Los Angeles Clippers @ Phoenix Suns, Monday 6/28/2021

Post by Superbone »

Sunsfan4life wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:50 pm
Why isnt paul shooting everytime he gets to the FT line? Thats automatic
He needs to start shooting. Clippers daring him to shoot but he keeps trying to dish it.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Charlie Smithy!

Re: Game Day Playoff Edition — WCF, Game 5 — Los Angeles Clippers @ Phoenix Suns, Monday 6/28/2021

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

AmareIsGod wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:00 pm
Poor Indy.
Those tickets weren't cheap 😔

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The Suns have played 7 bad-to-mediocre quarters in a row.
Last edited by Flagrant Fowl on Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:55 pm
Cam Johnson is really making things happen on both ends. Love his game right now. Craig and Nader both in with Book, DA and Cam so Monty's reaching into his bag.
Feels like only Johnson and Craig brought it tonight. Need to be aggressive from the jump on Wednesday.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:58 pm
Ayton has been lazy tonight..maybe his first bad game of the playoffs
Yeah, didn't give us much after his masterful performance last outing. Still inconsistent.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wally_West wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:25 pm
These type of losses just brings most negative thoughts from me. Just can’t shake the feeling we’re gonna blow these next games. Feel like shit.
Gotta win the next one. Otherwise, anything can happen in Game 7.

"Be Legendary."

Charlie Smithy!

Post by Charlie Smithy! »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:03 pm
The Suns just got punked in their home gym in a close out game. It's just so...typical.

I'm a basketball fan before I'm a Suns fan, but I don't think I'll be able to watch/read/listen to anything basketball related for months if they blow this series.
How so?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:53 pm
Offense was not our problem tonight. We can’t let them score 59 points in a half.
It kind of was. We were out of flow all night. But defense was a problem as well.

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:10 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
The Suns just got punked in their home gym in a close out game. It's just so...typical.

I'm a basketball fan before I'm a Suns fan, but I don't think I'll be able to watch/read/listen to anything basketball related for months if they blow this series.
How so?
The sport is more important than one team or player. If the Suns no longer existed, I'd still consume a ton of basketball content.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The Suns have had almost all the breaks so far in this series. Some they created themselves and some were gifted by the Clippers. They had every advantage going into this game and they blew it.

I was about 90% sure they'd go to the Finals 24 hours ago. Now I think it's 50/50.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

The only consolation is George, Morris(!), and Jackson can’t shoot that well again. It was an anomaly for them.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:16 pm
The Suns have had almost all the breaks so far in this series. Some they created themselves and some were gifted by the Clippers. They had every advantage going into this game and they blew it.

I was about 90% sure they'd go to the Finals 24 hours ago. Now I think it's 50/50.
Meh, I still have it at 60/40.

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think Paul and Booker just need to take every shot the Clippers give them. Might want to get Cam Johnson more minutes, he’s been the one wing who’s hit shots. Bridges and Crowder no-showed tonight.

But Book and CP3 need to be in take over mode from the start. Force the clippers to defend them harder and then maybe the court will open up for our shooters. We’re trying to run too much offense and break down the clippers defense, but it’s just too good and we don’t create better looks. Take the first look, get in rhythm. If we lose we go down swinging with our big guns.

Vladimir_Taltos

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

Somebody has to say it though...Beverly is a little bitch...

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:22 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:16 pm

Meh, I still have it at 60/40.
I don't think it's possible to overstate how much of a collapse this game was. They didn't lose a close game. They were demoralized at home with the crowd begging them for a reason to erupt.

The Clippers took their lunch and ate it in front of them.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:24 pm
Take the first look, get in rhythm. If we lose we go down swinging with our big guns.
That's how they started the first quarter of game 4, the last good quarter they've played.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Vladimir_Taltos wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:25 pm
Somebody has to say it though...Beverly is a little bitch...
Who hasn't said that?

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:12 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Offense was not our problem tonight. We can’t let them score 59 points in a half.
It kind of was. We were out of flow all night. But defense was a problem as well.
Couldn't hit a damn thing

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:14 pm
Charlie Smithy! wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:10 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

How so?
The sport is more important than one team or player. If the Suns no longer existed, I'd still consume a ton of basketball content.
The sport is at an all time low for me. The way its officiated is comical and how players whining/teaming up/and prima dona attitudes are celebrated make it almost unwatchable. The only thing I like about basketball the last few years is My suns. An actual team. Ratings are down and its because basketball has turned into a sport filled with babies and prima donas who try to draw fouls instead of actually score. So if the suns lose, it won't be hard to turn off.

I will say though, Milwaukee has a likeable team, but I'm sure the refs will call phantom fouls constantly to do whatever is best for the league.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

iLLmatic wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:29 pm
Superbone wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:12 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Couldn't hit a damn thing
I disagree. We missed very makeable shots most of the game. Went ISO ball in the 4th, but it shouldn't have came to it. The last 3 mins of the 3rd was an awful job coaching by Monty. Down 6 and on a run he puts booker at the point and 4 straight turnovers later we're down 13. It made no sense at the time and we paid for it.

The clippers scored 116pts. Our inability to defend or even get hands in faces was laughable and ultimately cost us the game.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”