Western Conference Round 2, Game 4: Nuggets (2-1) @ Suns (1-2), Sun 5/07/23

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JeremyG

Re: Western Conference Round 2, Game 4: Nuggets (2-1) @ Suns (1-2), Sun 5/07/23

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 8:16 pm
Looking at that replay, Ishbia isn’t even looking at Jokic…he seems to be looking down at Okogie who flew into the stands. Jokic just comes up and tries to rip it out of his hands…I think instinct is to hold on…then the ball flew further back and that’s when Jokic shoves Mat…Just a bad look for Jokic. Ya maybe Ishbia could have gotten the ball back quicker, but the ball has to go to the ref. What was Jokic in such a hurry for anyways…would the refs have let him inbound while Okogie was in the stands? I feel like they would’ve held the ball until Okogie was back in the court.

I kinda hope Jokic plays though…I won’t cry if he’s suspended obviously, but I don’t want to hear all the whining from people that we only won because Jokic was suspended.
I don't care about the whining. I just want to win a championship. We were robbed in 2007, so it's only fair game anyway.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Cap

Post by Cap »

What’s this “can’t toss the owner” nonsense? Ishbia absolutely should have been tossed for the crap he pulled. I’m not saying don’t let him come back for Game 6, but that should have been it for him for the night.

That being said, Jokic definitely earned his tech, a fine, and maybe a suspension.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

What exactly did Ishbia do wrong in that situation?
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Wally_West wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 7:40 pm
virtual9mm wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 7:36 pm
Big question is whether they are going to suspend Jokic, it was a bad look.

It’s going to be interesting.

What about #3? How about "a thrown elbow toward an owner at or above shoulder level with contact"?

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Cap wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 8:22 pm
What’s this “can’t toss the owner” nonsense? Ishbia absolutely should have been tossed for the crap he pulled. I’m not saying don’t let him come back for Game 6, but that should have been it for him for the night.

That being said, Jokic definitely earned his tech, a fine, and maybe a suspension.
Can you or anyone show a replay where Ishbia is holding the ball and refusing to give it to Jokic and getting in his face? No idea TF people are getting all over him about. You all make it sound like he ran to the ball, grabbed it and played fucking keep away. What crap did he pull? Ball falls in owners lap and he doesn't play hot potato and chuck it immediately?
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Pool Report on the Nikola Jokic Technical Foul in the Second Quarter of Tonight’s Game 4 Matchup between the Denver Nuggets and Phoenix Suns
https://official.nba.com/pool-report-on ... enix-suns/
The Pool Report interview was conducted by Duane Rankin (Arizona Republic) with Crew Chief Tony Brothers following tonight’s Denver Nuggets at Phoenix Suns game.

May 7, 2023

QUESTION: Why did Nikola Jokic receive an unsportsmanlike technical foul for the fan exchange late in the first half?

BROTHERS: The ball went over into the corner there and one of the fans was holding the ball. Jokic came to get the ball, grabbed it away from the fan, then after that he deliberately gave him a shove and pushed him down, so he was issued an unsportsmanlike technical foul.

QUESTION: So, he pushed the fan down?

BROTHERS: Yes

QUESTION: It’s the same fan that had the ball, right?

BROTHERS: The fan no longer had the ball, but it was the fan that started with the ball.

QUESTION: What led to him getting the unsportsmanlike technical foul instead of being ejected?

BROTHERS: I just deemed the technical foul the appropriate penalty for what happened over there. He didn’t just run over and hit a fan. There was some engagement, so I deemed the technical foul the appropriate penalty.
Last edited by Flagrant Fowl on Sun May 07, 2023 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

I think he gets a decent fine and that’s it.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 8:28 pm
Pool Report on the Nikola Jokic Technical Foul in the Second Quarter of Tonight’s Game 4 Matchup between the Denver Nuggets and Phoenix Suns
The Pool Report interview was conducted by Duane Rankin (Arizona Republic) with Crew Chief Tony Brothers following tonight’s Denver Nuggets at Phoenix Suns game.

May 7, 2023

QUESTION: Why did Nikola Jokic receive an unsportsmanlike technical foul for the fan exchange late in the first half?

BROTHERS: The ball went over into the corner there and one of the fans was holding the ball. Jokic came to get the ball, grabbed it away from the fan, then after that he deliberately gave him a shove and pushed him down, so he was issued an unsportsmanlike technical foul.

BROTHERS: The fan no longer had the ball, but it was the fan that started with the ball.

QUESTION: What led to him getting the unsportsmanlike technical foul instead of being ejected?

BROTHERS: I just deemed the technical foul the appropriate penalty for what happened over there. He didn’t just run over and hit a fan. There was some engagement, so I deemed the technical foul the appropriate penalty.
Did Tony Brothers not know who the "fan" was? Did that factor into it?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

JeremyG wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 8:32 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

May 7, 2023

It's irrelevant and shouldn't be a factor.

ShadowHawke

Post by ShadowHawke »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 8:34 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

May 7, 2023

I doubt the NBA Board of Governors would feel that way.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

May 7, 2023

Well we're about to find out if the league takes that post-Malice zero tolerance policy seriously or not.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Jeremy, you're overreacting and the tattletale act is off-putting.

It's slightly above nothing and the technical foul was a just penalty in that situation.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Wally_West wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 8:40 pm
Much like Mike Malone, this is flat out a misrepresentation of the events.

The one fan put a hand on Jokic after he made contact with Ishbia, and that fan was ejected.

Vladimir_Taltos

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

May 7, 2023

Hey, these things have been relevant for us in the past...why should we always get th arse end of karma?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Wanting Jokic to be suspended because of "karma" is loser-type shit.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

God bless you Landry! He made me look foolish explaining to the girl I was with that he was the worst player on the team and shouldn't be playing. Happy to be wrong tonight.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 8:41 pm
Jeremy, you're overreacting and the tattletale act is off-putting.

It's slightly above nothing and the technical foul was a just penalty in that situation.
What tattletale act?

Vladimir_Taltos

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 8:48 pm
Wanting Jokic to be suspended because of "karma" is loser-type shit.
Meh...want?maybe not...but if the league were to decide to do do, then...call it what you will, but that would be an opportunity...and opportunities are seized to reach outcomes. We don't control that decision, it's completely in the hands of league officials...but...if it happens...are you going to protest and say we should take a pass on the game or something? Steve and Amare didn't get out first or their ring at all because of an overzealous front office...did we get any kind of recompense for that? I don't recall if the Spurs went on to win it all...I think they did...so, did t get they get saddled with an asterisk? Uhhhh....no. So...IF...the league makes that decision, than we seize the moment...and move on.