All Things Ayton

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Vladimir_Taltos

Re: All Things Ayton

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

Kryptonic wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:31 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:01 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:33 am
Split T wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2023 10:30 am
I’m cautiously(extremely cautious) optimistic that he’ll be more invested this year now that Monty is gone, but I’m still very worried. If he’s the same player as last year we are in trouble.
You don't think we would have had a chance to beat Denver if we had Beal instead of an injured Chris Paul?
Was Ayton sitting out game 6 with his boo-boo in this hypothetical?
Had Monty kissed his boo-boo he would have played.

Missing game 6 to me and letting down his teammates…. Who the hell wants to play with a guy like that?
HAHAHAHAHAHA...

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

The sad thing is that JG sees us not being able to trade Ayton as validation that DA is a max worthy star who’s nuts just haven’t been stroked enough by his coach, rather than the reality which is that he’s an albatross contract with mediocre talent who can’t fetch anything worthy of a trade in return so we are just stuck with him.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Kryptonic wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Split T wrote:
I’m cautiously(extremely cautious) optimistic that he’ll be more invested this year now that Monty is gone, but I’m still very worried. If he’s the same player as last year we are in trouble.
You don't think we would have had a chance to beat Denver if we had Beal instead of an injured Chris Paul?

Missing game 6 to me and letting down his teammates…. Who the hell wants to play with a guy like that?
Rib injuries are no joke. The dude could barely breathe. This fanbase is downright insane sometimes.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

specialsauce wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:43 pm
The sad thing is that JG sees us not being able to trade Ayton as validation that DA is a max worthy star who’s nuts just haven’t been stroked enough by his coach, rather than the reality which is that he’s an albatross contract with mediocre talent who can’t fetch anything worthy of a trade in return so we are just stuck with him.
If that was true, then Vogel wouldn't have to be "pushing really hard" to keep him.

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

JeremyG wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2023 12:45 pm
Kryptonic wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
Split T wrote:

Rib injuries are no joke. The dude could barely breathe. This fanbase is downright insane sometimes.
Yes…. WE’RE the insane ones. GTFO

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Shabazz wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:58 am
I really hope Jones is just playing the media to get what he wants in trade talks.

No, Jeremy, he doesn’t “love” Ayton. He didn’t want to give him the max for two summers. He tried trading him numerous times including this summer. He did love Monty, though. Those two talked daily and I’m sure they spent a fair amount of time commiserating on their frustrating, soft 7-1 center. Something tells me the nature of the conversation wasn’t Monty complaining and JJ disagreeing and telling Monty how he was using DA wrong. Jones has also watched the last 6 years and saw what most of us have seen.

He’s just stuck with him because he’s a negative asset. That’s the reality. We all are.
Lol, you have no clue what you're talking about with regard to Jones. If what you're saying was true, then Jones would have traded Ayton for Myles Turner when Monty begged him to. Instead, he matched the max offer sheet in about 90 seconds. If it wasn't for Sarver, Ayton would have been signed to the full 5-year max in 2021.

Of course Monty was using DA wrong. And how he used DA and his relationship with him were both major factors in why Jones fired him (which the entire org was agreed on).

If Jones/they didn't want to keep Ayton, it was pretty stupid of them to hire a coach who wants him.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

JeremyG wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:50 am
Confirmation from Haynes:

Great news for Ayton fans; bad news for Suns fans.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

TOO

Post by TOO »

INFORMER wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2023 1:45 pm
JeremyG wrote:

This.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

INFORMER wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

Bad news for Ayton haters; great news for Suns fans.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

JeremyG wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:16 pm
INFORMER wrote:
JeremyG wrote:

So bad news for 90% of the Suns fan base that pay attention to the team.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

rhylek

Post by rhylek »

The hate is strong on this one

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Man if only Ayton could have been this good this season. :(

Oh wait, that says '22-'23? My bad.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Yes he’ll have his moments, but he’ll also drop 4 points in a must win game 3, down 0-2 in the playoffs.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

I’m not a Marc Stein subscriber but apparently he is confirming Gambo’s reporting:

The Suns explored avenues for a potential transfer of Deandre Ayton on draft night, according to @TheSteinLine. But they failed to find a satisfactory counterpart.

The market for the pivot is limited and Frank Vogel has supported the idea of ​​keeping him since taking over as coach.

rhylek

Post by rhylek »

That's just a french reporter gathering informations on the net.
Basically, he's saying Stein is reporting that the Suns tried to trade Ayton on draft night but the offers weren't sufficient.
Then reporting that Vogel wants to keep him (not from Stein but from Vogel's press conference, so no real info, since it can be PR or just to put pressure on trading partners)

BTW, I'm kinda tired of all this hate. This debate grew so big that both side juste seem to troll now, there's no real argument, just impressions, people assuming A LOT of things without knowing what's playing behind the doors just to validate their narrative.

It can be fun a few pages, but not 86.
And it's not fun when some are unrespectfully bashed just because they disagree with your take. Agree to disagree, don't make it personal.

Maybe that's part of a sport forum.
But now I'll stay away from this thread, and enjoy your rosterbation, you guys are awesome smart and fun when you don't talk Ayton <3

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:11 am
It’s probably not garbage..just the teams had a very superficial conversation that went nowhere and someone further down the front office hierarchy leaked it.

Like I doubt we had zero conversation at all about Harris. I’m sure we talked. It’s possible it was in a potential Chris Paul trade though and is old news.
Or it could be one-sided. Maybe Philly proposed the Harris for Ayton swap and we hung up the phone.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

Yes that too.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:17 pm
Man if only Ayton could have been this good this season. :(

Oh wait, that says '22-'23? My bad.
Wow, I had forgotten that he dunks everything near the hoop. Weird.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

rhylek wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:32 pm
That's just a french reporter gathering informations on the net.
Basically, he's saying Stein is reporting that the Suns tried to trade Ayton on draft night but the offers weren't sufficient.
Then reporting that Vogel wants to keep him (not from Stein but from Vogel's press conference, so no real info, since it can be PR or just to put pressure on trading partners)

BTW, I'm kinda tired of all this hate. This debate grew so big that both side juste seem to troll now, there's no real argument, just impressions, people assuming A LOT of things without knowing what's playing behind the doors just to validate their narrative.

It can be fun a few pages, but not 86.
And it's not fun when some are unrespectfully bashed just because they disagree with your take. Agree to disagree, don't make it personal.

Maybe that's part of a sport forum.
But now I'll stay away from this thread, and enjoy your rosterbation, you guys are awesome smart and fun when you don't talk Ayton <3
Yes, we are all Suns fans. Nice post, rhylek. Let's keep it respectful.

"Be Legendary."

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

JeremyG wrote:
Sun Jun 25, 2023 2:16 pm
It's honestly not about hating. If he got traded today, I'd wish him the best and probably never say a negative thing about him again. But when you play for the team I root for and you have a big salary, low motor, inconsistent play, lack aggression, and are generally soft, that tends to get under my skin.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.