Suns News: The Offseason (2016)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Ring_Wanted

Re: Suns News: The Offseason (2016)

Post by Ring_Wanted »

We'll see, and obviously I want my fears to be totally unfounded. Of course like Aztec says it depends on how it is all executed and the coach's ability to win the locker room. I'm just saying that this approach could end up yet agin in poor chemistry since players are allowed to openly judge both their peers and the coach. I am not talking about theory, which is fine, but regarding this specific group of players, since they don't seem particularly mature or selfless. In the end, winning cures all and shuts all mouths (among professionals at least).

EDC

Post by EDC »

If we try to run the 3 guard thing again this season we will end up with drama. I really hope the front office has learned its lessons from the past two seasons. First that players get disgruntled playing out of position and when they feel they should be starting. Second that disgruntled players can really mess up a season if you just let them grumble and half ass it out on the court.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Anyone see we're supposed to pursue Horford, Batum, and Barnes in FA? Sigh.

carey

Post by carey »

Yup. Foolishness.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

Why chase guys that don't move the needle? Honestly, we'd have to max out roleplayers just to get them to sign here. I'm really hoping we just unclog the backcourt and draft well. Nothing else is needed, let the kids learn.

gosuns

Post by gosuns »

I like Horford, doubt we'll get him. Batum and Barnes don't make any sense to me, they are two way players, so maybe to improve our defense? Tucker would be a goner I guess. Teodosic meanwhile is leading CSKA to the Euroleague title. Fenerbahce is down 50-30 at the half. Bogdanovic only 2 points and very passive.

gosuns

Post by gosuns »

Fenerbahce has come back. Only down 3 with 3.14 to go. Bogdanovic has 4 points. Udoh key in the comeback.

gosuns

Post by gosuns »

Dixon ties the game with less than a minute to go. 81 - 81. CSKA has lost big leads in final four the last 4-5 years.

gosuns

Post by gosuns »

What a game. Sloukas gets Fener in front by two with 20 seconds to go. Khriapa ties it with 1.9 seconds to go on a putback. And now we go to OT!

gosuns

Post by gosuns »

Bogdanovic with a Big Basket in OT!

Cap

Post by Cap »

Is this online anywhere? Well, keep the updates coming.

gosuns

Post by gosuns »

Looks like CSKA survives the last Fener Comeback. De Colo MVP with his clutch free throws.

Cap

Post by Cap »

I jinxed it by posting. :(

gosuns

Post by gosuns »

Cap wrote:Is this online anywhere? Well, keep the updates coming.
Sorry, I dont know where you could have watched. I'm watching on italian Sat tv. The game is over. CSKA wins by 5 in OT 101 - 96. Bogdan had a really rough game. 6 Total points and rarely involved by his teammates. Plus he was in foul trouble since early in the fourth. Hope he bounces back from this tough loss. Interesting to see what the suns plans are for him. I think another season in europe won't really help him. I would bring him in now.

gosuns

Post by gosuns »

Cap wrote:I jinxed it by posting. :(
No you did not :D . It was over before you posted. I'm just really slow with my I-Phone ;)

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Anyone see we're supposed to pursue Horford, Batum, and Barnes in FA? Sigh.
I like Horford and Batum, but Barnes makes my skin crawl. He's not a difference-maker and will get way overpaid this summer. I'm afraid.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Mori Chu wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Anyone see we're supposed to pursue Horford, Batum, and Barnes in FA? Sigh.
I like Horford and Batum, but Barnes makes my skin crawl. He's not a difference-maker and will get way overpaid this summer. I'm afraid.
Horford nor Batum move the needle for us either imo.

carey

Post by carey »

gosuns wrote: Sorry, I dont know where you could have watched. I'm watching on italian Sat tv. The game is over. CSKA wins by 5 in OT 101 - 96. Bogdan had a really rough game. 6 Total points and rarely involved by his teammates. Plus he was in foul trouble since early in the fourth. Hope he bounces back from this tough loss. Interesting to see what the suns plans are for him. I think another season in europe won't really help him. I would bring him in now.
He's not coming now. If he does he'll have to play on the rookie scale which is $1M/yr for a pick that late in the 1st. If he waits one more year he can negotiate his own contract much like Mirotic did with Chicago.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Let's see what you callous bastards can do with this:

http://www.nba.com/suns/press-release/b ... ignId=1828
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

Superbone wrote:Let's see what you callous bastards can do with this:

http://www.nba.com/suns/press-release/b ... ignId=1828
I hope Booker enjoys coming off the bench this year. There certainly will not be an opportunity for him to start with Bledsoe, Knight and Tucker in the starting lineup, unless we put Tucker at the 4. I just wonder if he will be the 6th, 7th or 8th man off the bench. It what order will Watson substitute Booker, Warren and Price. They will all be bench warmers to at least start the season and only one should be.

What happened to Watson? I thought he was taking the lead in off court promotions. From what I have read, Booker took the lead to get this girl to attend the draft lottery with him.

That's right Watson was in the gym with his starting back court of Bledsoe and Knight, making sure that they feel the love from the get go.

Sorry, back to the subject at hand. This kid Booker is the real deal and just seems to do everything the right way. My hope is that Watson sees this as well and puts this guy in the starting line up somehow, someway. At this point Booker is the face of this franchise not Watson or John Wooden. He needs to play and play a big part for us from the start of next season. I think that is what we all want to see.
This BUD'S for us! - Play fast Play well - Go Suns!