NBA Finals 2017: Warriors vs Cavs

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: NBA Finals 2017: Warriors vs Cavs

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:With our newer players, he's young and it's only been a year but I don't see it with Chriss. I think he's more athlete than basketball player and doesn't have the perimeter skills we think he does. Bender hasn't proven anything, tho he seems to have the size, skills and athleticism. Booker is probably the only guy who would fit in seamlessly on GS.
I'm growing fonder and fonder of Chriss. He has a nice little jump shot from 15 feet and in. Plus he wasn't bad from 3 for a first year player and I think he'll get better there too. Plus, I love that he likes to mix it up inside as well.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

O_Gardino wrote:No love for Kennard?! :mrgreen:
Great shooter and scorer, but limited in his movements. 2-3 dribbles then a pivot or spin. That's the extent. Will play a limited role in the NBA.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
jonh wrote:I think there would be a black mark on Lebron's career if he leaves the Cavs a second time.
A lot depends on if they can dig themselves out of cap hell while maintaining a supporting squad good enough to win a title.

Basically, they need to trade Kevin Love or Tristan Thompson. No one is touching that JR Smith contract.
Here is an article about Golden State anticipating Durant's free agency, even before the spike make it easier to sign him. interesting.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

21 FTA called for Cleveland in the first Q. Most ever... Shumpert extracting two ridiculous fouls out of sheer acting... Draymond not allowed to pull his usual crap... GS against 8 tonight

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:21 FTA called for Cleveland in the first Q. Most ever... Shumpert extracting two ridiculous fouls out of sheer acting... Draymond not allowed to pull his usual crap... GS against 8 tonight
The first was crazy, but the second seemed legit to me.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

After all these years the refs in the NBA are still a joke.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

In2ition wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:21 FTA called for Cleveland in the first Q. Most ever... Shumpert extracting two ridiculous fouls out of sheer acting... Draymond not allowed to pull his usual crap... GS against 8 tonight
The Curry foul looked legit to you?
He entangled himself on Curry's arm but even before doing it starated screaming foul

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

That's the most bizarre non suns officiating I've ever seen

Cap

Post by Cap »

That T situation was really weird. Like VG said, "not a good look for the NBA."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

This game is drunk.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

This officiating looks closer to Wrestling show than to a Major League game.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Shabazz wrote:This game is drunk.
Seems plausible.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I was expecting this type of officiating before game three. The refs were generous in the Cavs favor in game three, but it still didn't matter.

They definitely stepped up the home court advantage in this game, but I gotta give the Cavs credit for making shots.

I'm calling it now, GSW by 15+ in game 5.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

TOO

Post by TOO »

So glad the Warriors aren't going 16-0. So. Glad.

The refs were garbage cans all around tonight, just awful.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:So glad the Warriors aren't going 16-0. So. Glad.

The refs were garbage cans all around tonight, just awful.
Yep, denied history two years in a row by the Cavs.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:That T situation was really weird. Like VG said, "not a good look for the NBA."
If you watched the video of the original T, you can see that he called it on Steve Kerr. It was just a miscommunication with the scorers' table.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
In2ition wrote:
The Curry foul looked legit to you?
He entangled himself on Curry's arm but even before doing it starated screaming foul
Oh no, that's the one I thought was crazy. I was talking about Green hitting Shumpert in the face off the jump ball. Sorry, I thought you were talking about that.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Superbone wrote:
Cap wrote:That T situation was really weird. Like VG said, "not a good look for the NBA."
If you watched the video of the original T, you can see that he called it on Steve Kerr. It was just a miscommunication with the scorers' table.
I thought the same after the repetition, the incredible thing is that nobody saw the mistake for so long.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

That Warriors/Cavs Game 4 was nuts. Very emotional and intense game. Wanted to see the Ws go 16-0, but it'll be a better series for this. Cavs had the game of their lives. Probably set a bunch of statistical records for the league and/or for their franchise. I kept feeling like the Warriors were going to come back, and they almost did, until they let it slip away late in the 3rd.

It's just unfair that they have Durant. He is so effortlessly excellent. They were already an amazing team, and they add the #2 guy in the league. Wow.

I got really sick of Draymond Green and his antics. Bitching about every call, flailing his arms and legs, hitting and pushing everybody. He's turning into a Rodman out-of-control player year by year. All the success may not be good for him.

Cavs got great contributions out of almost everybody who played. A lot of role players chipped in. Love/Kyrie had great games. I don't think some of these shots will fall for them on the road.

I think the Ws will win big in Game 5, but hey, who knows. It's on Sunday?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

No, Monday.

"Be Legendary."