2018 Suns Offseason News

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
UglyTruth

Re: 2018 Suns Offseason News

Post by UglyTruth »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:02 am
I would also settle for a video of Josh Jackson taking a million jumpers a day with a shooting coach.
On Jackson’s insta story, it showed he has been on vacation in Europe since summer league ended.

It sucks to see that he may not be putting in much work this summer to improve his body and his frame while there are guys like Jayson Tatum who had better rookie season than JJ and yet is still putting in all kinds of work in the gym with various trainers and legends like Kobe Bryant. Tatum has looked considerably stronger as well compared to how he looked during the season.

I suspect Jackson will come into training camp looking the same physically like he did last season.

Some like Tatum and Booker just have that winning mentality.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

UglyTruth wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:15 am
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
I would also settle for a video of Josh Jackson taking a million jumpers a day with a shooting coach.
On Jackson’s insta story, it showed he has been on vacation in Europe since summer league ended.

It sucks to see that he may not be putting in much work this summer to improve his body and his frame while there are guys like Jayson Tatum who had better rookie season than JJ and yet is still putting in all kinds of work in the gym with various trainers and legends like Kobe Bryant. Tatum has looked considerably stronger as well compared to how he looked during the season.

I suspect Jackson will come into training camp looking the same physically like he did last season.

Frustrating.

carey

Post by carey »

djy2j wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:48 am
She's not a Kardashian so fine by me. Just a temporary slam piece anyway. I can't be mad at him.
No, it's been reported that it's actually Kylie Jenner he's dating.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:51 am
UglyTruth wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:

Frustrating.
Agreed. Silver lining is maybe that Tatum didn't play SL and maybe took time off after the season and is getting in the gym now while Jackson did his work earlier in the offseason? Regardless, he didn't exactly look sharp or improved in SL. Work ethic wasn't a red flag for him so maybe this is just some time away for a couple weeks.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Well if what was on display in Summer League was what was the result of the “work” he put in, he’s doing it wrong.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

There was this report yesterday:

https://terezowens.com/devin-booker-not ... ie-jenner/

Take it for what's it's worth.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

And so it begins.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Hoo boy.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Ranking of the top 30 PGs in the league:

https://hoopshype.com/2018/07/29/nba-pr ... westbrook/

A certain team is noticeably absent.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

UglyTruth wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:

It sucks to see that he may not be putting in much work this summer to improve his body and his frame while there are guys like Jayson Tatum who had better rookie season than JJ and yet is still putting in all kinds of work in the gym with various trainers and legends like Kobe Bryant.
It's a long offseason. There is plenty of time for him to take a vacation and then put in some quality time in the gym.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Shabazz wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:04 pm
Ranking of the top 30 PGs in the league:

https://hoopshype.com/2018/07/29/nba-pr ... westbrook/

A certain team is noticeably absent.
I have a feeling that Knight resurrects his career this year and is a MAJOR upgrade at pg for this team. In fact, I think the whole pg rotation is going to look very nice this year. Knight isn't a top 10 pg or anything, but I bet he plays better than Bledsoe and maybe even Dragic. (I have no real reason that I feel this way or could back it up at all)
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:15 pm
I have a feeling that Knight resurrects his career this year and is a MAJOR upgrade at pg for this team. In fact, I think the whole pg rotation is going to look very nice this year. Knight isn't a top 10 pg or anything, but I bet he plays better than Bledsoe and maybe even Dragic. (I have no real reason that I feel this way or could back it up at all)
I'd bet a month of avatar shaming that this is incorrect.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:01 pm
In2ition wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:15 pm
I'd bet a month of avatar shaming that this is incorrect.
Haha! All the burden is on me. I have no data to back me up at all and the odds are entirely in your favor...I'm thinking about it, lol.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

We really need a PG who can throw a lob. Knight might be the worst lob-thrower in the league. I have PTSD thinking back to his lobs to Chandler bricking into the side of the backboard (or going straight over it).

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Shabazz wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:59 pm
We really need a PG who can throw a lob. Knight might be the worst lob-thrower in the league. I have PTSD thinking back to his lobs to Chandler bricking into the side of the backboard (or going straight over it).
This is very true.

Split T

Post by Split T »

INFORMER wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:20 pm
UglyTruth wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:

It sucks to see that he may not be putting in much work this summer to improve his body and his frame while there are guys like Jayson Tatum who had better rookie season than JJ and yet is still putting in all kinds of work in the gym with various trainers and legends like Kobe Bryant.
It's a long offseason. There is plenty of time for him to take a vacation and then put in some quality time in the gym.
Agreed. Ridiculous to criticize Jackson for taking a vacation. No one seems to be questioning Devin Booker travelling through Greece right now

Cap

Post by Cap »

Split T wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:16 am
INFORMER wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:20 pm
UglyTruth wrote:
Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:

Agreed. Ridiculous to criticize Jackson for taking a vacation. No one seems to be questioning Devin Booker travelling through Greece right now
Greece? That’s a relief. I’d heard he was traveling through grease, and I thought that was kind of weird.

rhylek

Post by rhylek »

Well, Greece isn't the safest place nowadays :/ (prayers for the victims and their families)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:
He can learn to do it via practice. If not, he doesn't deserve to be in the league.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Shabazz wrote:
I'd settle for a PG who can throw an entry pass.