2023 Suns General Offseason/PostSeason News Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
ShelC

Re: 2023 Suns General Offseason/PostSeason News Thread

Post by ShelC »

Split T

Post by Split T »

Was just thinking about where we were after the Nuggets loss and how we got to today and I gotta say we absolutely killed the offseason.

We were basically looking at Booker/KD with only Paul/Ayton and vet min deals to fill out the roster.

We turned Paul/Shamet into Beal/Goodwin and Ayton into Nurkic/Allen/Little.

Then nabbed Gordon, Bates-Diop, Watanabe, Eubanks, Metu, and Bol on min signings and brought back Okogie/Lee.

The Beal trade especially didn’t get enough credit. A lot of people(not suns fans) downplayed it either because it would restrict us spending(didn’t seem to hurt), we needed depth more(we found the depth other ways) or it was a risky all in move(not true, that was the KD trade).

I’m just very happy we have Beal. We ended up with the depth we needed, but we’d be talking about starting both KBD and Allen, not one of them.

Payne/Booker/Shamet/KD/Landale was our starting lineup in our last game.

Warren/Craig/Lee/Biyombo was our bench.

We upgraded 7 of those 9 spots(most of them massively). I honestly don’t think anyone besides Booker and KD that played in that game 6 would play this year. Maybe Landale

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Yeah, nicely summarized. The minimum signings are really impressive when you look at them all as a whole. I'm especially excited about KBD, Yuta, Eubanks, and Gordon.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

ShelC wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2023 3:20 pm
We did him so dirty.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

https://www.azfamily.com/app/2023/10/04 ... scription/

Info about the Suns subscription service.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:02 am
We did him so dirty.
Eh, we (Monty!) revived his career when he was probably on his way out of the league, let him have a major role on a title contending team, and now he's been moved on and will get to play in the East on another contender. Seems like he's doing just fine, and that his career is lifted up overall due to his time on the Suns.

SunsShine

Post by SunsShine »

SunsRIt wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:03 am

Thank you!

I’m trying to see if it mentions anything about being able to share your subscription with someone. I guess I’ll just have to try it and see how it goes.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

SunsShine wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:34 am
SunsRIt wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 10:03 am

Thank you!

I’m trying to see if it mentions anything about being able to share your subscription with someone. I guess I’ll just have to try it and see how it goes.
Under the FAQ section here, it says:
Sharing account login information is not allowed. Each account is enabled for viewing on one device only. If more than one person is logged in, the first viewer is logged out.

SunsShine

Post by SunsShine »

Thanks, Jeremy! It is unfortunate that it is not allowed, but I’m glad to know that before any games have been played.

wpmiller42

Post by wpmiller42 »

I live near Salt Lake City, and the Jazz are doing a very similar thing (It's called, "Jazz+"). I can not seem to get a straight answer from anyone, but does anyone know if I'll be able to watch Jazz games on league pass? It's been blacked out in the past, but now that they're streaming and available on over-the-air stations, is that still the case?

I don't really want to have to buy Jazz+ to watch those games, but they'll give you two upper bowl tickets to a game if you subscribe, so it might almost be worth it?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

wpmiller42 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:31 am
I live near Salt Lake City, and the Jazz are doing a very similar thing (It's called, "Jazz+"). I can not seem to get a straight answer from anyone, but does anyone know if I'll be able to watch Jazz games on league pass? It's been blacked out in the past, but now that they're streaming and available on over-the-air stations, is that still the case?

I don't really want to have to buy Jazz+ to watch those games, but they'll give you two upper bowl tickets to a game if you subscribe, so it might almost be worth it?
I assume they will be but I don't know. The local teams have always been blacked out at least in my entire LP history. I'm currently forced to watch Lakers and Clippers broadcasts. Yuck!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Split T

Post by Split T »

wpmiller42 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:31 am

You can also just buy single game subscription to Jazz+…I think it was like $5 a game

Split T

Post by Split T »

JeremyG wrote:
ShelC wrote:
We did him so dirty.
Eh, he got all his money guaranteed. He’s gonna play more in Milwaukee than he would here. How do you figure we did him dirty?

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:25 pm
JeremyG wrote:
ShelC wrote:
We did him so dirty.
Eh, he got all his money guaranteed. He’s gonna play more in Milwaukee than he would here. How do you figure we did him dirty?
He loved Phoenix, he wanted to stay here and help us win a championship. And we gave up a draft pick to get rid of him when we had no other actual point guard on the roster. And still don't.

Drewsprocket

Post by Drewsprocket »

JeremyG wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:37 pm
Split T wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
ShelC wrote:
We did him so dirty.
He loved Phoenix, he wanted to stay here and help us win a championship. And we gave up a draft pick to get rid of him when we had no other actual point guard on the roster. And still don't.
Why does this roster need a “pg”? Gordon, Beal, and Book are going to initiate better than Cam Payne- who I’d argue is more of a scoring point guard.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Plus, we have two PGs in Goodwin and Saben Lee.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

SunsShine

Post by SunsShine »

I have high hopes for Goodwin. I think he can be solid for us when given a chance. Lee showed some promise last season that I would like to see him replicate. We have a lot of unselfish players on our team who can handle the ball and make the smart pass, so I’m not too concerned about the point guard spot yet.

Split T

Post by Split T »

JeremyG wrote:
Split T wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
ShelC wrote:
We did him so dirty.
Well the giving up a pick and not having a pg is irrelevant…has nothing to do with doing him dirty.

And I’m sure lots of people have loved Phoenix and wanted to stay. Can’t make basketball decisions like that.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:54 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Split T wrote:
JeremyG wrote:
ShelC wrote:
We did him so dirty.
Well the giving up a pick and not having a pg is irrelevant…has nothing to do with doing him dirty.

And I’m sure lots of people have loved Phoenix and wanted to stay. Can’t make basketball decisions like that.
That's why I included the giving up a pick and having no PG--it shows we did him dirty in the sense that it wasn't even a basketball decision.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

I'm genuinely curious about the tendency of most Suns fans to feel like they have to be in favor of, defend, or eventually come around to, basically every move the front office makes. Is there a reason why this is the case?