Around the League: Week 23 3/28-4/3

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
UglyTruth

Re: Around the League: Week 23 3/28-4/3

Post by UglyTruth »

dragickingdom wrote:It's a good day when the Lakers shit the bed.
They went from winning championships to this :lol:

Sums up the Lakers after Phil Jackson left the team

[youtube][/youtube]

dragickingdom

Post by dragickingdom »

UglyTruth wrote:Russel is honestly a turd.
Absolutely perfect for the Lakers.

carey

Post by carey »

League Pass alert. W's down 6 to Utah, 5 min remaining.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/715200160599396352

He basically nailed it, but they had to go into OT. Impressive.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

pickle

Post by pickle »

Agree with everyone... Byron Scott is a sorry excuse of a coach that I wouldn't trust to coach little league basketball, if such a thing exists. His pathetic display as a leader of an NBA team was only rivaled by Brian "let me rap schedules in order to connect with my players" Shaw. (Someone I know said that I am biased against Phil Jackson, but I've always felt like I was just stating facts)

The team we have now has basketball chemistry issues, sure, but everyone is a good person and that's something I can finally feel good about. I don't think the environment is toxic to the point where behavior like this would fester and break out. And I also think Booker has the maturity not to stoop to this.

Cap

Post by Cap »

pickle wrote: I wouldn't trust to coach little league basketball, if such a thing exists.
When I was about 10, I played in the crappiest league ever.

League rules stipulated strict man-to-man defense. Zones and double-teams were not allowed.

The best offensive player on my team was the coach's son. Our offense consisted of four kids standing on the sidelines, taking their defenders with them, and letting the coach's son go one-on-one.

I would stand on the sidelines with my arms folded, sometimes even standing out of bounds, and chat with my "defender" about how stupid this was. I did this all season and never heard a word of complaint from the coach, who was probably too busy watching his son to notice or care what I was doing on the sidelines.

We went undefeated in the regular season and lost in the semifinal game. I won a trophy for Most Improved Player on the team, despite the fact that my role in the offense still consisted of standing on the sideline with my arms folded.

I never played organized basketball again.

carey

Post by carey »

Cap wrote:When I was about 10, I played in the crappiest league ever.

League rules stipulated strict man-to-man defense. Zones and double-teams were not allowed.

The best offensive player on my team was the coach's son. Our offense consisted of four kids standing on the sidelines, taking their defenders with them, and letting the coach's son go one-on-one.

I would stand on the sidelines with my arms folded, sometimes even standing out of bounds, and chat with my "defender" about how stupid this was. I did this all season and never heard a word of complaint from the coach, who was probably too busy watching his son to notice or care what I was doing on the sidelines.

We went undefeated in the regular season and lost in the semifinal game. I won a trophy for Most Improved Player on the team, despite the fact that my role in the offense still consisted of standing on the sideline with my arms folded.

I never played organized basketball again.
I'm sad to say that this still exists. Five games into my son's first stint in organized basketball he quit because he was never passed the ball. Not even once, on purpose. The coaches' sons would stand on the wings and launch 3-pointers almost all game long. Usually I don't allow my son to quit something he's made a commitment too, but I said I'd never force him to do something and it was blatantly awful. It was a blessing in disguise anyway. He now plays baseball pretty much year round and is a much, much better baseball player. I'd like it if he diversified a little bit. Maybe a bit of rec ball soccer or something, but I have to say I get a thrill when he's out on the mound.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marcus Morris will never speak to D'Angelo Russell again.

http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.ssf/ ... angel.html

#FOE
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Superbone wrote:Marcus Morris will never speak to D'Angelo Russell again.

http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.ssf/ ... angel.html

#FOE
And that's a bad thing? Besides, he's probably worried that Russell would tape him implicating himself in the assualt.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Rumors about Jimmy Butler maybe being traded in the off-season. Yes please.

Anything but Booker and our top 3 pick. Four or lower I'd give up for Jimmy Buckets. He's a hard nosed competitor.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

No. Booker is our SG we build around. We don't need another max level, go-to SG looking to be a superstar.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Butler is great and all, but if he wasn't the problem, the Bulls wouldn't trade him.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

I concur with ShelC. Butler is very nice but we need to focus on Booker. Neither should play SF. Wouldn't mind facilitating a big deal, though.

Chicago truly smels like they want to tear it down. One of the franchises that doesn't know ho to be happy, just like the Suns.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Play Butler at 3. The league is changing and you don't need a prototype 3. Butler is a gamer and a winner. Id take Ingram or Simmons over Butler but not Bender.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Indy

Post by Indy »

I love that everyone in the world seems to be saying Russell isn't trust-worthy but Nick Young, who violated his significant other's trust, is fine.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Touche.

I blame Iggy! She should've known what she was signing up for. Yea, an NBA player with the nickname "Swaggy P", who hit you up over Twitter for a date. I'm sure THAT guy is going to be faithful.

Indy

Post by Indy »

ShelC wrote:Touche.

I blame Iggy! She should've known what she was signing up for. Yea, an NBA player with the nickname "Swaggy P", who hit you up over Twitter for a date. I'm sure THAT guy is going to be faithful.

Oh, no arguments there. Stupid all the way around. I was just surprised by how many people in this world are ostracizing one and not the other.

UglyTruth

Post by UglyTruth »

Indy wrote:I love that everyone in the world seems to be saying Russell isn't trust-worthy but Nick Young, who violated his significant other's trust, is fine.
Everyone already knows Young is an idiot. So nothing that he does is surprising. Russel on the other hand is the #2 pick and the savior of basketball for the Lakers...he's held to much higher standards and rightfully so.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I'd still take him (though not sure about the actual players in the locker room).

Indy

Post by Indy »

UglyTruth wrote:
Indy wrote:I love that everyone in the world seems to be saying Russell isn't trust-worthy but Nick Young, who violated his significant other's trust, is fine.
Everyone already knows Young is an idiot. So nothing that he does is surprising. Russel on the other hand is the #2 pick and the savior of basketball for the Lakers...he's held to much higher standards and rightfully so.
If he recorded Iggy Azalea saying she cheated on Young, this story would be the complete opposite.