NBA Eastern Conference Semifinals 2017

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
specialsauce

Re: NBA Eastern Conference Semifinals

Post by specialsauce »

Nodack wrote:Kind of sad seeing Gortat, IT, ****, Green, ******, Frye, Johnson and Diaw playing on other teams in the second round.
Take those names out. Unless you're sad that they are still involved. Because I have nothing but hate for those two.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Lot of people thought the Raptors would give the Cavs a strong challenge in the playoffs. Turns out, nope. Really demoralizing series for Toronto. May lead to some big changes for them. Seems like their foundation of relying on their Lowry/DeRozan backcourt isn't working for them in the playoffs.

Split T

Post by Split T »

It's hard to know with lowry not being healthy. I think they've probably maxed out, but they're relevant so my guess is they keep it together and make some minor tweaks.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

It sounds like Lowry might be ready to move onto the Western Conference. We'll see how it goes. It might be an interesting offseason
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:It sounds like Lowry might be ready to move onto the Western Conference. We'll see how it goes. It might be an interesting offseason
I saw that. Who has the cap space to sign him? He could make the spurs kinda scary.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
In2ition wrote:It sounds like Lowry might be ready to move onto the Western Conference. We'll see how it goes. It might be an interesting offseason
I saw that. Who has the cap space to sign him? He could make the spurs kinda scary.
The Spurs aren't scary enough as is? Kidding aside, a lot of people think that Chris Paul may move on to the Spurs. I really don't know what is true.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

Just did a quick glance at the salary situation for teams in the west. Denver and Minny could sign Lowry to a max or near max deal without any roster shuffling. Dallas could get him if dirk takes less money. The spurs could get to 20-25 million if gasol declines his option and they renounce everyone. Utah could get to 20 million if they renounce George hill. No other west teams seemed realistic. If he comes west, I'd guess Dallas. Unless he just cares about winning, then the jazz/spurs situations get interesting.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

How much of an upgrade for Utah would be adding Lowry to replace Hill?

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think it's a pretty significant upgrade. Lowry does everything hill does plus he's a better shooter and better passer. He'd take pressure off Hayward being the man, which I don't think he's suited for. He's a #2. I think it'd put Utah in the running for 2 seed out west. Assuming Hayward stays as well. A Lowry-kawhi-Aldridge team would be really interesting though.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Nodack wrote:Kind of sad seeing Gortat, IT, Keef, Green, Barnes, Frye, PJ, Johnson and Diaw playing on other teams in the second round.
The one thing about all these guys is, only IT is considered a Star right now. Not sure that you could put them all together on one team and win a title though. This is why I'm not too broken up about seeing these guys on other teams.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Nodack wrote:Kind of sad seeing Gortat, IT, Keef, Green, Barnes, Frye, PJ, Johnson and Diaw playing on other teams in the second round.
The one thing about all these guys is, only IT is considered a Star right now. Not sure that you could put them all together on one team and win a title though. This is why I'm not too broken up about seeing these guys on other teams.
I'm sure... that they would not win a title.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Uncle_Gene

Post by Uncle_Gene »

specialsauce wrote:
Nodack wrote:Kind of sad seeing Gortat, IT, ****, Green, ******, Frye, Johnson and Diaw playing on other teams in the second round.
Take those names out. Unless you're sad that they are still involved. Because I have nothing but hate for those two.
What did B****s do wrong ?
Phoenix Suns 2024-25 NBA Champions !

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Lowry's available? Let's sign him!! Backcourt 2010 baby!!!!!!!!!!!1

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:Lowry's available? Let's sign him!! Backcourt 2010 baby!!!!!!!!!!!1
Haha, you forgot that green font.

Cap

Post by Cap »

And if we can draft Fultz and rehabilitate BASE, we can run the Fultz-Lowry-Bledsoe-Knight 4 PG rotation! Most point guards wins!

Those pieces of paper in my wallet purporting to be money are just being sarcastic. :(

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Cap wrote:And if we can draft Fultz and rehabilitate BASE, we can run the Fultz-Lowry-Bledsoe-Knight 4 PG rotation! Most point guards wins!

Those pieces of paper in my wallet purporting to be money are just being sarcastic. :(

We would trade 3's for 2's all game long and win 120-80 every night.

Hey, Cap, I think we need some resolution on your sig. Seems like both parties were half wrong. Players didn't get sick of Watson, but neither did he really change anyone's opinion of him in a positive way.

So, both are in for some penalty, right? Maybe ShelC has to wear a dreaded Warson avatar, and Superbone has to wear a dreaded ... Watson avatar? Each chosen by the other? I don't have any great ideas here, but there is unresolved tension at the bottom of each of your posts.
Last edited by O_Gardino on Tue May 09, 2017 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I meant All-Star 2018 ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

O_Gardino wrote:
Cap wrote:And if we can draft Fultz and rehabilitate BASE, we can run the Fultz-Lowry-Bledsoe-Knight 4 PG rotation! Most point guards wins!

We would trade 3's for 2's all game long and win 120-80 every night.

Hey, Cap, I think we need some resolution on your sig. Seems like both parties were half wrong. Players didn't get sick of Watson, but neither did he really change anyone's opinion of him in a positive way.

So, both are in for some penalty, right? Maybe ShelC has to wear a dreaded Warson avatar, and Superbone has to wear a dreaded ... Watson avatar? Each chosen by the other? I don't have any great ideas here, but there is unresolved tension at the bottom of each of your posts.
Yeah, we've already had this discussion. We were both wrong. Time for Cap to change his signature. And, OG, just because Cap quotes us in his signature doesn't mean ShelC or I should be penalized!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

pickle

Post by pickle »

If I'm Lowry, I'd just go home to Philly.

If I'm Toronto, I'd tear it up for sure. But this is from a long suffering Suns fan, who has long admitted to favor contender or bust options. I've heard/read multiple pundits say what the Clips and Raps are doing are actually valuable, and I just don't see it, but I can appreciate that such opinions do exist. Now blow them up already.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

The more I think about it, the more it makes sense for Lowry to go to Philly. I'm not saying he will but on paper they could be a surprise team next year if everyone's healthy. And here's the kicker, Bryan Colangelo's been in this position before - a very young, inexperienced team going after the top FA point guard and giving him a contract that would make others hesitate. Lowry's got the leadership and experience now to lift up guys like Simmons, Okafor and Embiid. They'll have another top pick in the draft and could make some noise in the East. Comparing the rosters, the Sixers are everything the Raptors aren't: young, athletic, on the rise and have at least one dominant big. Plus, if Simmons is healthy and can play some point-forward, it takes the load off of Lowry having to do everything for the team. His minutes can drop a bit (he's played 37mpg the past two years) and he can play off the ball some. He may have to take less money, but the Sixers might be the best move for him.