2018 Free Agency

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
TOO

Re: 2018 Free Agency

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:I don't know about Leonard. He's not happy in a winning environment? Sounds like he wants the limelight on a big stage. Probably no chance of the Suns getting him anyway.
I don't think Leonard himself cares about he spotlight, it's that hovering uncledad or whatever that is the problem IMO. You got someone you respect basically living through you, nothing good comes from that. Just my guess here on this situation, Leonard has never once struck me as a selfish person/player.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

None of these players really moves the needle much, so I would just pass unless there's someone to fill a need at a very reasonable price.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

TOO

Post by TOO »

I think Capela would help this team immensely. If we do not draft Ayton, I'd like to make a run at him. He is fantastic on the boards, running the floor, defensively, knows his role offensively and fits the age range. He's also excellent as the role man in the PnR.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:I think Capela would help this team immensely. If we do not draft Ayton, I'd like to make a run at him. He is fantastic on the boards, running the floor, defensively, knows his role offensively and fits the age range. He's also excellent as the role man in the PnR.
Love the new avatar, TOO!

A Capela could really improve our standing with the Pitch Perfect crowd.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:I think Capela would help this team immensely. If we do not draft Ayton, I'd like to make a run at him. He is fantastic on the boards, running the floor, defensively, knows his role offensively and fits the age range. He's also excellent as the role man in the PnR.

Shout out to Kerssed for the avi.

I laughed harder at that joke than I should have.

8.75/10

Cap

Post by Cap »

Is that Igor in the av?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Superbone wrote:

8.75/10
Oh, come on! Give me the 9! :lol:

"Be Legendary."

Cap

Post by Cap »

Superbone wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Superbone wrote:

8.75/10
Oh, come on! Give me the 9! :lol:
[youtube][/youtube]

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Not that nein! I want the whole nine yards.

"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I'm with you. Many on the board are not, and I get where they're coming from.

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

Shabazz wrote:
I'm with you. Many on the board are not, and I get where they're coming from.
I think most people would like him on the team but given he's a restricted free agent feel it would take more than he's worth for Houston not to match. Personally I don't see him as a 'whatever it takes to get him' type player.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Capella is a nice player, but Harden, Paul and D'Antoni have a lot to do with what we're seeing from him now.

He shouldn't be overpaid by the Suns for what he's done in a completely different environment.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:Capella is a nice player, but Harden, Paul and D'Antoni have a lot to do with what we're seeing from him now.

He shouldn't be overpaid by the Suns for what he's done in a completely different environment.
Agreed. There may be 3-4 centers in this draft better in 5 yrs than Capella. In fact, if Doncic becomes the pick, Robinson could be one of those at 16.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

SDC

Post by SDC »

igor might try to pick up anthony randolph of slovenia. then draft doncic. after trading for dragic. #TheBig3

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I liken Capela to Steven Hunter. Better player overall, but similar in style and skillset and looks better in their current situation than they would most other places. Put Capela on the Bucks or Blazers and I'm not sure he looks as good.

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood »

I've looked at the the FA's out there, and our cap situation. I'd really rather we sit tight this year, let Dudley and Chandler's contracts expire, and make a slash next year. The FA crop isn't that good, and we don't really have that much money to spend, and it would be better spent next year.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Bron in 2019. Doncic, Book, Jackson, Bron and DAJ.

jonh

Post by jonh »

Wormwood wrote:I've looked at the the FA's out there, and our cap situation. I'd really rather we sit tight this year, let Dudley and Chandler's contracts expire, and make a slash next year. The FA crop isn't that good, and we don't really have that much money to spend, and it would be better spent next year.
Unfortunately, I think that Bookers statement that he is never going to miss the playoffs again, and McD wanting to keep his job suggest the Suns will try to be active in free agency this year.

Split T

Post by Split T »

jonh wrote:
Wormwood wrote:I've looked at the the FA's out there, and our cap situation. I'd really rather we sit tight this year, let Dudley and Chandler's contracts expire, and make a slash next year. The FA crop isn't that good, and we don't really have that much money to spend, and it would be better spent next year.
Unfortunately, I think that Bookers statement that he is never going to miss the playoffs again, and McD wanting to keep his job suggest the Suns will try to be active in free agency this year.
As long as we're smart and don't panic sign someone when our top target(s) don't sign, we should be ok.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Split T wrote:
jonh wrote:
As long as we're smart and don't panic sign someone when our top target(s) don't sign, we should be ok.
We can overpay someone on a one year contract if we think that helps us win this year, then free up that cap space this summer.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan