Suns News: October

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
SDC

Re: Suns News: October

Post by SDC »

Superbone wrote:I call bullshit. The Celtics had a dynasty with a fastbreaking offense. The Showtime Lakers were also a fastbreaking team. Just because the D'Antoni teams didn't win it all doesn't mean they couldn't have with the right tweaks and breaks.
the suns played poor interior defense. the suns half court offense consists of steve nash pick and rolling with amare.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

SDC wrote:
Superbone wrote:I call bullshit. The Celtics had a dynasty with a fastbreaking offense. The Showtime Lakers were also a fastbreaking team. Just because the D'Antoni teams didn't win it all doesn't mean they couldn't have with the right tweaks and breaks.
the suns played poor interior defense. the suns half court offense consists of steve nash pick and rolling with amare.
And of course there was Bill Russell and Kareem in the middle on defense. The Suns? Amar'e or Steven Hunter or Kurt Thomas or a old, slow Shaquille O'Neal.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

SDC

Post by SDC »

The Bobster wrote:
SDC wrote:
And of course there was Bill Russell and Kareem in the middle on defense. The Suns? Amar'e or Steven Hunter or Kurt Thomas or a old, slow Shaquille O'Neal.
to be fair, kareem was also old and slow by that time--but was mobile and active compared to shaq.

SDC

Post by SDC »

Our very own Amin El Hassan on the Lowe Post podcast talking about the suns

http://c.espnradio.com/s:5L8r1/audio/23 ... on_id=1979

EDC

Post by EDC »

Ugh. So tired of people going overboard on Frye.

"...the room they got to operate was all due to Channing..."

Really? All?

Frye definitely helps spread the floor but man does it do a huge disservice to Dragic, Bledsoe and the Suns in general the way people hype him up. It is amazing we managed to win games with how much Frye sat in the fourth quarter.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Agreed. I'm not worried about Frye's lost. I think the Suns will miss his shooting and size at the 4 spot (not implying he was some kind of enforcer or anything like that), but I don't think his absence is going to be significantly detrimental to the team's performance on the court.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

SDC

Post by SDC »

it's really a good thing the morris twins are good outside shooters.

PG bledsoe, IT (ennis)
SG dragic, dragic (archie)
SF tucker, green (warren)
PF morris, morris (Tolliver)
C plumlee, Len (randolph)

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Sdc: The thing about the rotation you listed is that you have one Morris subbing in for the other, but the problem is that they love to play together. So i think they will more often be used in lineups where Marcus is the SF and Markieff is the PF.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

I think we'll see a fair amount of Marcus at PF and Kieff at C this year.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Ring_Wanted wrote:I think we'll see a fair amount of Marcus at PF and Kieff at C this year.
Ugh. I think that sounds like a really flawed idea. Not saying you are wrong; I saw a quote from Kieff saying that Coach told him to expect to play some center. But I really dislike that idea.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Mori Chu wrote:
Ring_Wanted wrote:I think we'll see a fair amount of Marcus at PF and Kieff at C this year.
Ugh. I think that sounds like a really flawed idea. Not saying you are wrong; I saw a quote from Kieff saying that Coach told him to expect to play some center. But I really dislike that idea.
I think it can be useful, depending on the matchup. Obviously it would lack rim protection and rebounding, but if you need offense and the opposite bigs are not scoring threats, maybe you can get away with it. I hope the twins use those new muscles to i prove their man defense.

carey

Post by carey »

Mori Chu wrote: Ugh. I think that sounds like a really flawed idea. Not saying you are wrong; I saw a quote from Kieff saying that Coach told him to expect to play some center. But I really dislike that idea.
http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-ba ... nter-a-lot

I think he did it last year with some success. I don't know that I want to see it all that often if Len is ready to contribute. The tweet was from the official account & it said, "Coach told me I'll play the five a lot when we need to speed it up." - Markieff.

I'm also not a fan of the author's suggestion that we run all 3 PGs at the same time. If we do it I hope it's for very small stretches & as an emergency measure.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

I remember a particular game in Houston during the 1996-1997 season where Ainge started Kidd, K.J. and Nash.

Never happened again, far as I know. :lol:

Split T

Post by Split T »

I actually think we should play the three pg's together occasionally. We should play to our strengths and make people match up with us. It wouldn't work against everyone, but it could work on occasion. There are a lot of 3's that are not offensive threats that we could stick probably Dragic on, or we could just run a zone. I'd just love to see teams try to keep up with Dragic,Bledsoe, and Thomas at the same time.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

SwingMan wrote:I remember a particular game in Houston during the 1996-1997 season where Ainge started Kidd, K.J. and Nash.

Never happened again, far as I know. :lol:
Except that lineup isn't that bad, because of Jason Kidd. Kidd had the size, strength, defensive ability, and rebounding ability to the point that a 3-point guard lineup wasn't basketball suicide.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Split T wrote:We should play to our strengths and make people match up with us.
The ghost of Mike D'Antoni lives on.

TOO

Post by TOO »

INFORMER wrote:
Split T wrote:We should play to our strengths and make people match up with us.
The ghost of Mike D'Antoni lives on.
Good stuff this.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

carey wrote:
Mori Chu wrote: Ugh. I think that sounds like a really flawed idea. Not saying you are wrong; I saw a quote from Kieff saying that Coach told him to expect to play some center. But I really dislike that idea.
http://mweb.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-ba ... nter-a-lot

I think he did it last year with some success. I don't know that I want to see it all that often if Len is ready to contribute. The tweet was from the official account & it said, "Coach told me I'll play the five a lot when we need to speed it up." - Markieff.

I'm also not a fan of the author's suggestion that we run all 3 PGs at the same time. If we do it I hope it's for very small stretches & as an emergency measure.
This is so frustrating.

carey

Post by carey »

https://twitter.com/paulcoro/status/518133209427873792

Go Suns!

Og Snus!