Game Day: Clippers (5-3) @ Suns (3-4), Thurs 11/12/15

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Wally_West

Re: Game Day: Clippers (5-3) @ Suns (3-4), Thurs 11/12/15

Post by Wally_West »

Teletovic sucks.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Knights best game as a Sun.

G'night all....Suns win!
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Mori Chu wrote:Can't help but notice how much better team ball we are playing without Markieff "black hole" Morris out there.
Yup. He's being thoroughly outplayed by Leuer.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:Poor Booker. Just got in the game and got cut open.
Yeah, I was so bummed. Finally gets in and has to go out 30 seconds later. Never even got up one shot.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Shabazz wrote:Clippers are such whiny bitches and it starts at the top.
They were like that before Doc got there but since his arrival they've taken it to another level. Btw, I think Doc is the worst. I really dislike him and I think he's very overrated. He improved in Boston but he won a title with fucking KG, prime Ray Allen, and Pierce in the tail of his prime with Rondo playing the best ball of his career. Are we sure he's that good of a coach?
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Awesome win! And on TNT nonetheless! I really noticed the focus the team came out with compared to previous games. Weird how the ball moves so much better without Markieff.

Highlight of the game for me was watching Blake get ejected because he was too stupid to remember he already had 1 technical foul. Barkley defending him at halftime was nauseating.

I hope this is something they can build on although I fear they will be without Ronnie for a few games with that concussion. Seemed like bodies were flying and colliding all over the place last night.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

carey

Post by carey »

Just watched the second half. Seems like we were on cruise control. I'm bummed that the place looked that empty for a nationally televised game. Not good.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

carey wrote:Just watched the second half. Seems like we were on cruise control. I'm bummed that the place looked that empty for a nationally televised game. Not good.
Yeah, the arena was REALLY empty. You could really see it when they'd do a close-up shot of Reggie Miller and Kevin Harlan; behind them almost every chair was empty. I would guess that the ticket revenue is about as bad as it has ever been in franchise history.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Mori Chu wrote:
carey wrote:Just watched the second half. Seems like we were on cruise control. I'm bummed that the place looked that empty for a nationally televised game. Not good.
Yeah, the arena was REALLY empty. You could really see it when they'd do a close-up shot of Reggie Miller and Kevin Harlan; behind them almost every chair was empty. I would guess that the ticket revenue is about as bad as it has ever been in franchise history.
They announced a sell-out.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JCSunsfan wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:
They announced a sell-out.
Yep, that's what I was going to say. Harland announced a sellout at the top of the broadcast.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

What do you think about no etiquette Teletovic nailing a 3 with less than 24 seconds on the shot clock at the end of the game? Even our 19 year old rookie Booker was smart enough not to take the shot in spite of the fact he didn't get to shoot all night. Austin Rivers was letting Teletovic know about it.

"Be Legendary."

Danimal

Post by Danimal »

Not sure rivers really has the right to lecture anyone in this league given his circumstances. Just another reason to hate the clippers I guess

carey

Post by carey »

It's the Clippers. I would want him to take & hit that shot 100 times out of 100.

Also...sellout? What a joke. They do some henkie things at arenas to fudge the numbers. I've been to some Pelicans games less than half full they've called a sellout. Complete b.s.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Well, sellout doesn't mean packed house. It's worse when a fan base is so apathetic that they purchase tickets and don't care enough to show up to the game.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

One thing i notice just watching the games is the music selection and placement of it is extremely lame compared to other arenas. For example the TWolves music guy was on point and playing all kinds of different music for just about every moment where music would be appropriate. Kind of blew my mind how on it he was. Where as the Suns just play like the same 6 music bytes throughout the game. Super lame fan experience if you ask me. They need to hire me to take over and liven things up :lol:
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

djy2j wrote:One thing i notice just watching the games is the music selection and placement of it is extremely lame compared to other arenas. For example the TWolves music guy was on point and playing all kinds of different music for just about every moment where music would be appropriate. Kind of blew my mind how on it he was. Where as the Suns just play like the same 6 music bytes throughout the game. Super lame fan experience if you ask me. They need to hire me to take over and liven things up :lol:
Agreed, it's dated and old. Every time when the Suns are on defense, it's the same crap over and over.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

I have the DVR set for FOX sports games and not TNT and missed the game. Figures, they beat the Clippers and I miss it. Not sure about the arena thing. Real sold out games look like nobody is there right after half time because everybody is in line at concessions.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Nodack wrote:I have the DVR set for FOX sports games and not TNT and missed the game. Figures, they beat the Clippers and I miss it. Not sure about the arena thing. Real sold out games look like nobody is there right after half time because everybody is in line at concessions.
If you kept up with my game day threads you would have seen it was on TNT! :P Yeah, usually when they show the announcers it is before the game or at half time when everybody is at concessions.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I recorded both TNT and the Clippers broadcast. Watched TNT last night and I'm looking forward to listening to Lawler and Smith call the game tonight. Can't wait to hear how they react to the Griffin ejection! :twisted:

"Be Legendary."

carey

Post by carey »

Superbone wrote:
Nodack wrote:I have the DVR set for FOX sports games and not TNT and missed the game. Figures, they beat the Clippers and I miss it. Not sure about the arena thing. Real sold out games look like nobody is there right after half time because everybody is in line at concessions.
If you kept up with my game day threads you would have seen it was on TNT! :P Yeah, usually when they show the announcers it is before the game or at half time when everybody is at concessions.
Or the first post on the news thread for the week where I list if it is on national t.v. Be ready for Saturday's game as it is on NBATv!
Go Suns!

Og Snus!