Around the League: Week 21 3/14-3/20

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
TOO

Re: Around the League: Week 21 3/14-3/20

Post by TOO »

INFORMER wrote:Victor freakin' Oladipo.
He's been on fire lately.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Also, I'd like to send a nice FU to the Dubs and all their bandwagon nut danglers.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

That was a great game. WCF preview for sure. Spurs just have the Warriors reason to have doubts. I can't wait for the playoffs and their series in particular.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Very weird - Dwight Howard admits that he has been using illegal "stickum" spray for years.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball- ... 41927.html

TOO

Post by TOO »

Mori Chu wrote:That was a great game. WCF preview for sure. Spurs just have the Warriors reason to have doubts. I can't wait for the playoffs and their series in particular.
This is honestly the only playoff series I'll watch should it come to pass.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

I want to see some Boston, Toronto and Miami.

Cap

Post by Cap »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:That was a great game. WCF preview for sure. Spurs just have the Warriors reason to have doubts. I can't wait for the playoffs and their series in particular.
This is honestly the only playoff series I'll watch should it come to pass.
What's incredible about these teams: they are both undefeated at home. GS is 32-0, and SA is 35-0. The best home record in history is 40-1 by the '86 Celtics. Now we have two teams with legitimate chances to be the first teams to go undefeated for the whole season.

carey

Post by carey »

Pelicans shut Anthony Davis down for the season. Your move, Suns.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

dragickingdom

Post by dragickingdom »

I say we sit the promising young players and have the starting line up Knight, Tucker, Price, Chandler, and Tele.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

carey wrote:Pelicans shut Anthony Davis down for the season. Your move, Suns.
Then Davis could end up losing 20M+. Not being in one of the All NBA teams removes him from the Rose provision.

carey

Post by carey »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
carey wrote:Pelicans shut Anthony Davis down for the season. Your move, Suns.
Then Davis could end up losing 20M+. Not being in one of the All NBA teams removes him from the Rose provision.
Yes, he could still make one of the teams. His stats are just as good as 2 seasons ago. He's having 2 surgeries though so it's not like it is bullshit.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Turns out he's been playing with a torn labrum for three years. Not the most crippling injury but it's crazt a pro, and a franchise player at that, has not had it done until now.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Everyone is going nuts because Lebron unfollowed the Cavs official account on Twitter and Instagram. The reporter tried to ask him about it and he refused to discuss it and abruptly ended his press time. I realize it's mostly manufactured drama, but things are not right with that team and with Lebron in particular. I don't like their chances in the playoffs this year.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/4 ... e_cavs_on/

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

LeBron's coming off like a weirdo, and a spoiled child. He's sent cryptic philosophical tweets that could definitely be seen as shots at his teammates. Then when confronted, he says anything he feels he needs to say, he'll say to their face. But it's just passive aggressive nonsense. I think the Cavs are a fractured group and LeBron's a terrible leader. This probably went unnoticed in Miami because of Riley, Wade and even Bosh. But now it's LeBron's show and he still can't motivate or instill confidence in teammates. Karma I guess.

That said...let's make a play for him this summer! We have his boy Bledsoe, we have a talent young shooter in Booker, we can keep our stretch PFs in Tele and/or Leuer and have Len and Chandler. LeBron could slide right in at SF. Go get him!

3rdside

Post by 3rdside »

He's going back to Miami, surely. 2yr contract done, all pieces now in place with dragic on board..will do nothing for his reputation but 'just' 2 titles would be worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OE32

Post by OE32 »

3rdside wrote:He's going back to Miami, surely. 2yr contract done, all pieces now in place with dragic on board..will do nothing for his reputation but 'just' 2 titles would be worse.

I'm hoping he goes anywhere else for the sake of our '17 pick. But at least this would make it impossible for them to retain Whiteside. It also begs the question - what the hell would the Cavs do with their toxic roster? Rebuild around Irving? Fire sale? Will they try to recoup their loss from the Love trade by dealing him for a pick? Because I can think of a few teams that would be interested...
Last edited by OE32 on Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

You wonder if a combo if Irving and Love, with role players around them, might work better. Sometimes you can have too much talent.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

LeBron? Maybe the Suns' brass should make a free agent run at him!!!

jk.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

3rdside

Around the League: Week 21 3/14-3/20

Post by 3rdside »

OE32 wrote:
3rdside wrote:He's going back to Miami, surely. 2yr contract done, all pieces now in place with dragic on board..will do nothing for his reputation but 'just' 2 titles would be worse.

I'm hoping he goes anywhere else for the sake of our '17 pick. But at least this would make it impossible for them to retain Whiteside. It also begs the question - what the hell would the Cavs do with their toxic roster? Rebuild around Irving? Fire sale? Will they try to recoup their loss from the Love trade by dealing him for a pick? Because I can think of a few teams that would be interested...
The whole place is toxic from the sounds of it, lebron or not; we worry about an incompetent FO, I think they've almost certainly got worse. But minus lebron it's back to the top of the lottery for them again, no doubt. (and sign me right up for the love sweepstakes if that's the case).

Have heard a love for griffin swap, which could keep james around next year, but what a long way to go for that to happen and Miami (less Whiteside plus chandler maybe) is a great, semi-seamless fit.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Their FO is a mess because ownership bends over for LBJ every single time he wants something. Of course if you stand up to him, like Miami did, he leaves.