NBA Finals 2017: Warriors vs Cavs

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Hermen

Re: NBA Finals 2017: Warriors vs Cavs

Post by Hermen »

This was not an enjoyable game for me. Cavs came out firing from the start, but the officiating was awful. The first quarter took almost 40 minutes!

Cap

Post by Cap »

You know what would be even more awesome than a 73-win team not winning the title? That same team, plus Kevin Durant, winning 15 straight in the playoffs, and not winning the title.

One can dream.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:You know what would be even more awesome than a 73-win team not winning the title? That same team, plus Kevin Durant, winning 15 straight in the playoffs, and not winning the title.

One can dream.
+1
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

i'd love to see the Cavs win, but last night's game is further proof why they can't. It took the Cav's playing their best ever, in one of the best team performances ever, to win a game on their home court.

perhaps they've played the Warriors better each game, but, unless there's an injury in game 5, it's still the recent champion and best-regular-season-ever Warriors + Durant (playing like their MVP).

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Exactly. And even with their best game ever, they still needed the refs to take the Ws out of their game.

TOO

Post by TOO »

ShelC wrote:Exactly. And even with their best game ever, they still needed the refs to take the Ws out of their game.
Oh stop it. They made 24 3s, but yeah, the refs. :roll:

carey

Post by carey »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
ShelC wrote:Exactly. And even with their best game ever, they still needed the refs to take the Ws out of their game.
Oh stop it. They made 24 3s, but yeah, the refs. :roll:
Dude the Cavs shot 21 first Q FTs. That's an atrocity unless the Warriors were humping players legs every time down the court.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

Who shot more FTs in the game?

And the Warriors have been humping legs as you put it for 3 years, they get away with more jersey grabbing and moving screens than anyone.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The refs were horrible. I'm not even saying they were biased against Golden State. They were just sloppy. Late calls, changed calls, reviewing plays that should have been obvious; missed obvious calls (Kyrie's non-backcourt violation), the tech on Draymond changed to Kerr, the inability to keep order and control over the game, the totally inconsistent way they called flagrants... Total shit show.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:The refs were horrible. I'm not even saying they were biased against Golden State. They were just sloppy. Late calls, changed calls, reviewing plays that should have been obvious; missed obvious calls (Kyrie's non-backcourt violation), the tech on Draymond changed to Kerr, the inability to keep order and control over the game, the totally inconsistent way they called flagrants... Total s*** show.
They were awful all the way around, 100%.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

1. I agree with Marty about the bad officiating. It wasn't pro-Cavvs so much as it was just bad. I do think it ended up helping the home team more.
2. The tech on Kerr that was the right call. It should always be a tech when the coach comes storming onto the court waving and shouting. Always.
3. I hate Draymond Green.
4. KD played such a solid game. That guy was the bright spot for the GSW starters.
5. Didya see the energy from the Cavs? That's the same energy that OKC played with last year. OKC couldn't keep it up for 4 wins, but this is how you beat GSW.
6. Props to Kyrie for hitting some insane shots. Dude is a baller.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

I just saw Curry play some Tyler Ulis style D. He had his back to JR Smith and still knocked the ball out of his hands.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

TOO

Post by TOO »

I really really really really really dislike Kevin Durant.

Split T

Post by Split T »

He has been phenomenal in this game. Gonna get the finals MVP here shortly

TOO

Post by TOO »

Split T wrote:He has been phenomenal in this game. Gonna get the finals MVP here shortly
Yup, he'll get it next year too, when they win it again, and probably the year after that. Sigh, at least we're not hopelessly chasing the 8th seed anymore.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:I really really really really really dislike Kevin Durant.
LeBron ain't no peach.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya, I've always liked Durant more than Lebron and don't really see a big difference between Lebron to Miami and Durant to GS. I wish he would have stayed in OKC, would have made the playoffs more interesting, but hats off to him, he was incredible.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Split T wrote:Ya, I've always liked Durant more than Lebron and don't really see a big difference between Lebron to Miami and Durant to GS. I wish he would have stayed in OKC, would have made the playoffs more interesting, but hats off to him, he was incredible.
Without a doubt second best player in the NBA.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Agreed and I think there is a decent gap between 2 and 3

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Split T wrote:Agreed and I think there is a decent gap between 2 and 3
Third best? Westbrook. Harden.?
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton