NBA Finals 2017: Warriors vs Cavs

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
iLLmatic

Re: NBA Finals 2017: Warriors vs Cavs

Post by iLLmatic »

Superbone wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Split T wrote:Ya, I've always liked Durant more than Lebron and don't really see a big difference between Lebron to Miami and Durant to GS. I wish he would have stayed in OKC, would have made the playoffs more interesting, but hats off to him, he was incredible.
I will never like what LeBron did either, but how you can't see the difference is mind boggling to me.

Heat, decent team, won 47 games, lost in 1st round to Celtics

Warriors, 73 win team, that Durant's previous employer blew a 3-1 lead to.

Just :lol:
I'm totally with you, man. I enjoyed watching the Warriors run the previous couple of years but now I despise them since Durant's "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em" act. Y'all enjoy year after year of the Warriors extended championship run without any competition. Yawn.
I'm not enjoying either tbh, I'd just rather Durant get a ring than Lebron. The NBA is broke and needs to be fixed.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Happy to see the Warriors win, but not happy about the state of the NBA for the next few years.

Despite the lopsided series result, I really think the Cavs could have done more here. They should have bully-balled it up, been physical, slowed it down. Play Tristan Thompson, get every offensive board, get 3 shots per possession. Leave questionable shooters like Iguodala and Zaza wide open and collapse all over Curry and Durant. Why did they try to beat GSW at their own game, racing down the court on fast breaks? The only time that worked was when they set literal records for NBA Finals history for 3s and points. Stupid.

I blame Ty Lue. He is a marginal coach at best.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Agreed. Lue isn't coaching that team. It's pretty much Kyrie and LeBron looking for their shots. No movement, no actual plays being run. They should have posted up Love, posted up LeBron. You're not going to score with the Ws. In game 4 the refs slowed the game down in the first half and it took the Ws out of rhythm. I thought the Cavs finally caught on and began running Curry off the 3pt line and making him take twos, but even then the help wasn't there so he was getting easy layups. Gotta put a body on him, maybe give him a hard foul.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Here's how we solve this warriors problem. Bring back the supersonics and do an expansion draft. Any player that was on the last sonics team can't be protected, leaving Durant to be added to the new sonics.

Split T

Post by Split T »

iLLmatic wrote:
Split T wrote:
Split T wrote:Ya, I've always liked Durant more than Lebron and don't really see a big difference between Lebron to Miami and Durant to GS. I wish he would have stayed in OKC, would have made the playoffs more interesting, but hats off to him, he was incredible.
I will never like what LeBron did either, but how you can't see the difference is mind boggling to me.

Do you think Miami winning 70 games would have stopped Lebron from joining them? He arguably joined up with the 2nd best player in the NBA and definitely one of the top 5. And he added another top 10-15 player in Chris Bosh.

Would it be different if the warriors were just curry and klay and had won 50 games, then added Durant and Green in the offseason?

My point is both players took easy ways out to championships. Both ditched their teammates for the best possible teammates they could find to make it easier to win a championship. Durant just had a more cohesive group of "better teammates" to join.
Yep, both players stacked the deck in their favor. I'm glad Durant won a championship. He's a helluva player and a true joy to watch. In addition to that, all the LeBron leg humpers are extra salty.
I'm not sure whats worse, LeBron leg humpers or these legions of Warriors fans everywhere. Yuck. Dislike all parties involved, just dislike the Warriors more because I live in California where the bandwagons flow freely.
That's fair. I think the best thing that could have ever happened to LeBron and his legacy was Miami losing that 1st year to Dallas. Tons of people were ready to discredit any LeBron titles he won in Miami because he joined up with the super friends. After losing that first year, most people accepted his next two titles and now almost no one cares that he had to join up with Wade and Bosh to get his titles.

I'm interested to see what the narrative on Durant becomes. Will people continue to discredit his titles 5 years from now? Everyone is saying the same things as they did for LeBron, only Durant winning the title this year might keep that narrative alive.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

ShelC wrote:Agreed. Lue isn't coaching that team. It's pretty much Kyrie and LeBron looking for their shots. No movement, no actual plays being run. They should have posted up Love, posted up LeBron. You're not going to score with the Ws. In game 4 the refs slowed the game down in the first half and it took the Ws out of rhythm. I thought the Cavs finally caught on and began running Curry off the 3pt line and making him take twos, but even then the help wasn't there so he was getting easy layups. Gotta put a body on him, maybe give him a hard foul.
Yep. So many missed rotations on backdoor cuts.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Split T wrote:Here's how we solve this warriors problem. Bring back the supersonics and do an expansion draft. Any player that was on the last sonics team can't be protected, leaving Durant to be added to the new sonics.
Ya'll know that I don't mind that there are great teams in the NBA. But I respect that some fans want more suspense about who is going to win.

To me, the competitive balance issue in the game is in the way the game is called. Any little touch on a ball handler is a foul, and guys are allowed to carry the ball on every play. The result is that even average PGs are very hard to guard, and big men hardly matter on offense.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... _game.html. Sort by PPG, and the top 31 scorers include 14 pg's and 4 big guys. Milsap is the highest scoring big at #16.

To me, if you want to balance the NBA, call the game in such a way that the offense can run through the bigs. Make the little guys play through some contact. That would make the game a lot tougher for the Warriors and make life a lot better for the Pelicans, Wolves, etc.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

TOO

Post by TOO »

Split T wrote:
iLLmatic wrote:
Split T wrote:

Do you think Miami winning 70 games would have stopped Lebron from joining them? He arguably joined up with the 2nd best player in the NBA and definitely one of the top 5. And he added another top 10-15 player in Chris Bosh.

Would it be different if the warriors were just curry and klay and had won 50 games, then added Durant and Green in the offseason?

My point is both players took easy ways out to championships. Both ditched their teammates for the best possible teammates they could find to make it easier to win a championship. Durant just had a more cohesive group of "better teammates" to join.
Yep, both players stacked the deck in their favor. I'm glad Durant won a championship. He's a helluva player and a true joy to watch. In addition to that, all the LeBron leg humpers are extra salty.
I'm not sure whats worse, LeBron leg humpers or these legions of Warriors fans everywhere. Yuck. Dislike all parties involved, just dislike the Warriors more because I live in California where the bandwagons flow freely.
That's fair. I think the best thing that could have ever happened to LeBron and his legacy was Miami losing that 1st year to Dallas. Tons of people were ready to discredit any LeBron titles he won in Miami because he joined up with the super friends. After losing that first year, most people accepted his next two titles and now almost no one cares that he had to join up with Wade and Bosh to get his titles.

I'm interested to see what the narrative on Durant becomes. Will people continue to discredit his titles 5 years from now? Everyone is saying the same things as they did for LeBron, only Durant winning the title this year might keep that narrative alive.
I dont know if Durant can change the narrative, and I dont think he cares. Which at its core, good for him, but for me, I will never give him the credit. Just like LeBron will never be the GOAT, both great players, that took the easier road to a title. As a fan of competition, it just bugs me.

JustWinBaby

Post by JustWinBaby »

pagielak wrote:
Furlanfufi wrote:Nash won a ring, finally...
Yes, first and foremost congrats to Steve for getting a ring, it's just a shame that it wasn't with Suns.
Congrats to the Warriors as well, KD was incredible and they deserved it.
If the Suns built a team like this we wouldn't be complaining ;)
The whole truth, nothing but the truth - thank you.

We can only dream that we somehow create a team that shares the ball, shoots out of their mind and plays defense.

I imagine all Suns fans would hate it if:

Durant, Green, Thompson and Durant left Golden State and joined Booker with Steve Nash as our head coach next season.
This BUD'S for us! - Play fast Play well - Go Suns!

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

JustWinBaby wrote:
pagielak wrote:
Furlanfufi wrote:Nash won a ring, finally...
Yes, first and foremost congrats to Steve for getting a ring, it's just a shame that it wasn't with Suns.
Congrats to the Warriors as well, KD was incredible and they deserved it.
If the Suns built a team like this we wouldn't be complaining ;)
The whole truth, nothing but the truth - thank you.

We can only dream that we somehow create a team that shares the ball, shoots out of their mind and plays defense.

I imagine all Suns fans would hate it if:

Durant, Green, Thompson and Durant left Golden State and joined Booker with Steve Nash as our head coach next season.
Two Durants? Durant Durant sounds like a pop band
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

O_Gardino wrote:
ShelC wrote:Agreed. Lue isn't coaching that team. It's pretty much Kyrie and LeBron looking for their shots. No movement, no actual plays being run. They should have posted up Love, posted up LeBron. You're not going to score with the Ws. In game 4 the refs slowed the game down in the first half and it took the Ws out of rhythm. I thought the Cavs finally caught on and began running Curry off the 3pt line and making him take twos, but even then the help wasn't there so he was getting easy layups. Gotta put a body on him, maybe give him a hard foul.
Yep. So many missed rotations on backdoor cuts.
Spot on ShelC. There was no reason for Bron not to be posting all 4th quarter , that was a big reason y they got back in the game with him picking apart Warriors double teams or bully ball to the basket. As you said most games are just Bron n Kyrie doing your turn - my turn , doing that for a few possessions in the 4th last night when they were within single digits was bad coaching as Kyrie was not getting the better of Klay and were wasted possessions.
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)