Game Day: Kings (1-2) @ Suns (0-3), Mon 10/23/17

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JCSunsfan

Re: Game Day: Kings (1-2) @ Suns (0-3), Mon 10/23/17

Post by JCSunsfan »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:
JustWinBaby wrote: I especially love Triano's comments after the game. He thought we lost energy due to not being in shape. He thought it hurt us on defense and caused some of the turnovers. He basically said that they cannot play the way he wants to play without getting in better shape. Wow, I have been waiting for that from a head coach for a very long time.

Go Suns
WAIT!!!

Nothing about Family? It feels weird.
If they just love one another, they won't get as tired.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Much better effort and energy, but in my book this is no victory because the Kings (like the Lakers) actually are one of the very few teams we can challenge face to face in this league. We'll see about those attitude changes against the Jazz.

Chriss had a pretty good offensive game, finishing through contact and showing his potential as an outside-inside threat. Shot blocking is also there, but he is too eager and unless he gets tamed, this won't correlate to good defense. Booker displayed a lot of skills in the first half, but I want better shot selection on those deep pull up threes. Warren tried too hard at times; this was not his game and should have let things come to him more naturally within the flow of the game. Jackson's handles while driving are going to be a real weapon when he settles in a bit more, especially when his body gets a little more mature. We did well drafting him, although Fox is sneaky active and extremely gifted (more than fair chance at being the best PG from this draft when all is said and done). Chandler still barely moves defensively and Len still has poor hands. Great to see Ulis back and active on both ends. Mike James drove at will for a good part of the game, but teams will notice soon so we'll see how he adapts.

Bogdan knows how to play and his physical profile is less limited than it seems (bodes well for Doncic, even factoring in age gap). Skal's shot mechanics remind me a mix of Channing Frye and Sheed (pretty, fluid and high release). Plenty to like despite also being weak at this point. Had a nice putback dunk on Chriss because our guy didn't box out for the rebound.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Before the Jazz game, let's watch some highlights and see what we are capable of.

[youtube][/youtube]

One thing I haven't heard mentioned here is the heads-up play from Jackson to force a jump ball at the end. Tied 112, Temple is on the floor with the ball and Jackson rushes over to tie him up and force the jump ball. Smart play from the rookie, and as big a play as James' shot for the lead.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

If Mike James starts for the rest of the year, he will be in the running for ROY. Never saw that coming.

Cap

Post by Cap »

JCSunsfan wrote:If Mike James starts for the rest of the year, he will be in the running for ROY. Never saw that coming.
Over Ball and Simmons? That's absurd.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Cap wrote:
JCSunsfan wrote:If Mike James starts for the rest of the year, he will be in the running for ROY. Never saw that coming.
Over Ball and Simmons? That's absurd.
Not if he averages a triple double, like we all know he can.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

O_Gardino wrote:One thing I haven't heard mentioned here is the heads-up play from Jackson to force a jump ball at the end. Tied 112, Temple is on the floor with the ball and Jackson rushes over to tie him up and force the jump ball. Smart play from the rookie, and as big a play as James' shot for the lead.
Not only that but he outjumped Temple by a mile and easily controlled the tip.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."