Suns News: Coronavirus Break

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
INFORMER

Re: Suns News: Coronavirus Break

Post by INFORMER »

Shabazz wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:52 pm
Reed’s got no consistency in his form. He looks like Bambi on ice when he tries to create offense. Just a mess of arms and legs.
We're watching two different players, then. I've seen about four full DePaul games, and a I think I have two more left on the DVR. Definitely not a "mess." Not a finished product, but he has already demonstrated effectiveness operating on the perimeter. There is more than enough to work with there.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Split T

Post by Split T »

INFORMER wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:38 pm
I think Okobo and Bridges are the two guys who tested positive.
From social media, I’ve seen Booker, Ayton, Oubre, Saric, Carter, and Payne are in Orlando. Monty talked about Cam looking really good before heading down to Orlando, so I’d guess he didn’t test positive.

The Payne signing made me think it was a pg, I haven’t heard anything from Rubio or Okobo, so one of them makes sense. Bridges is the other bigger name player on the team we haven’t really heard anything from. Definitely could be him.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Love it! That's what I like to hear. Don't worry about the playoffs. (Playoffs?!) Just get better every day and play hard and share the ball. That's all I ever ask.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Is it just me or does it feel like half our roster is not in Orlando?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:32 pm
Is it just me or does it feel like half our roster is not in Orlando?
I don't feel anything. What are the facts?

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Suns roster, schedule for NBA restart: Three things to know as Phoenix heads to Disney World
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/suns ... ney-world/

Suns roster
Devin Booker
Ricky Rubio
Elie Okobo
Jevon Carter
Ty Jerome
Jalen Lecque
Mikal Bridges
Dario Saric
Cameron Johnson
Tariq Owens (two-way player)
Deandre Ayton
Aron Baynes
Frank Kaminsky
Chick Diallo
Cameron Payne

Players sitting out: Kelly Oubre Jr.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

All of the social media posts so far have featured only 6 players: Book, Ayton, Payne, Carter, Dario and Oubre. They’ve obscured or darkened the background in all the pictures. They haven’t said who’s there and who isn’t, No Comment-ing when asked. They’ve had no actual video from practices, unlike most teams.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

From Duane Rankin about Ayton:
"His body looks unbelievable," Suns coach Monty Williams said. "He's a gifted young man in that way. I wish I had that, you know what I mean. He looks great. He's done a really good job of taking care of himself."
"(Suns strength and conditioning coach Cory Schlesinger) sent a ton of workouts to all our guys," Williams said. "And maybe because we're so young, and genetically gifted, a lot of our guys look really, really, good, and DA is certainly at the top of that list."

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I thought Baynes was there too.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

https://arizonasports.com/story/2323253 ... s#comments

‘We just collab’: Suns’ top trio leading more together in Orlando
“To be honest, we had a lot of time,” Ayton said Saturday. “It feels like I’m in my damn third or fourth year. I know what I’m doing now. It’s not really me being told what to do but me understanding and finding what’s available and being a playmaker.”

Again, for a young big who was at times helpless as a rookie, like all players are, it’s notable that he’s now becoming one of the leaders in year two.

“We just collab our differences and really just make things happen on whatever’s best for the team,” Ayton said.

Booker spoke on the progression of their partnership.

“It’s a growing relationship that we’re still working on,” he said Monday. “Obviously, we’re still both pretty young in this league. I have a couple more years than him but we’re both trying to solidify ourselves and we know that comes with the success of the team.

“The communication, the dialogue is open between us. I know seeing the game from multiple positions is a very big part of it.”
"You just have to get to know somebody and put them in situations and learn by being in the fire together,” Booker said. “You can’t have a plan until you actually get in the action and actually see how somebody responds to certain situations. That’s usually how I’m determining people, is through experiences with them.”

"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

If any of you enjoyed the 7SOL podcast, or enjoy following David Kevin (@theIVpointplay on twitter), he has some new content on substack.

https://thefourpointplay.substack.com/

He does a really good job of breaking down game footage, and his first article is really well put-together.

Here is a really good snippet:
Booker Being A Nuisance
I really hope most of you are still with me this far down the newsletter, because this might be my favourite little wrinkle I’ve picked up recently.

When Booker has a defender draped all over him all game, he loves to make a nuisance of himself. Watch how he turns the extra attention against his opponents, by going straight to the big and putting himself in the way. His defender is so interested in stopping him, they don’t recognise the need to help.

Ayton becomes the immediate beneficiary.

if you enjoyed any of that, you might want to subscribe.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Some of Suns Twitter is starting to investigate the case of the missing Suns. Monty wouldn't address it again in his presser.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Shabazz wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:10 pm
Some of Suns Twitter is starting to investigate the case of the missing Suns. Monty wouldn't address it again in his presser.
who? I want to know some of the folks people follow here for Suns twitter. I have a few, but not a ton.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Indy wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:21 pm
Shabazz wrote:
who? I want to know some of the folks people follow here for Suns twitter. I have a few, but not a ton.
Personally I follow Kellan Olson and Evan Sidery.

Everybody else is a fanboy, which I prefer to get that angle at this site.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

I like David Klein too @TheIvpointplay because he posts a lot of clips with breakdown.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Indy wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 7:21 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Kellan and David Nash specifically tweeted about this today (I think Kellan even podcasted about it).

I follow those 2, Evan Sidery, Maxmcc11., Dave King, the beat writers, and a few of the funnier fans (Sreekar, Kris Hanson, Scott Howard).

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Look for a stronger, more chiseled Saric:

"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Where was that level of fitness in October? One of the knocks on him was he was a "play his way into shape" kinda guy at the start of every season. And of course now he's up for a contract. I still like him and would keep him at the right price, but I also get shades of Tim Thomas here.

Wormwood

Post by Wormwood »

Shabazz wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:31 pm
All of the social media posts so far have featured only 6 players: Book, Ayton, Payne, Carter, Dario and Oubre. They’ve obscured or darkened the background in all the pictures. They haven’t said who’s there and who isn’t, No Comment-ing when asked. They’ve had no actual video from practices, unlike most teams.
Now confirmed that Frank the Tank is there.

https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2020 ... art-bubble

Big names left to confirm: Rubio, Bridges, and Baynes. Losing either Rubio or Bridges would be devastating. Baynes would hurt a lot, but Kaminsky can fill in the role of back up, stretch 5 ok.