Around the league: June 2014

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
TOO

Re: Around the league: June 2014

Post by TOO »

People saying LeBron looking for a 1 to 2yr Max deal.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Gives him more flexibility to not get stuck into a bad situation.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

carey

Post by carey »

That's absurd.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:People saying LeBron looking for a 1 to 2yr Max deal.
Shit - might as well trade for Kevin Love. :lol:

TOO

Post by TOO »

You gotta thiink that almost assures his return to MIA.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Per Woj, Jodie Meeks to Detroit for 3 years/$19M+.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I am confused. Is it just me or does that seem insane for Meeks?
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

In2ition wrote:I am confused. Is it just me or does that seem insane for Meeks?
It ain't just you - dumb-ass Pistons are taking a cue from their city government.....

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:You gotta thiink that almost assures his return to MIA.
I couldn't care less - drama's for TV.....

TOO

Post by TOO »

Agent Henry Thomas, on report clients Bosh & Wade will take $12M/per & $11M/per, respectively: "all the BS you are reading is just that."

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Shabazz wrote:Per Woj, Jodie Meeks to Detroit for 3 years/$19M+.

Van Gundy as team president has disaster written all over it.

Hopefully this makes them less likely to match Monroe.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

LOL. I love how they will pay that ridiculous amount for a bona fide scrub but then won't likely pay to keep their own best FA. I bet Meeks shares an agent with somebody they want to butter up or something.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Brutal contract for Meeks. $6M+ per. Just unbelievable.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I like Jodie Meeks as a player and he fits a big need for Detroit, but that's pretty steep.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

It's 'only' three years so in a way it's not that horrible, but if Meeks is getting more than 6M per after putting up what looks like the proverbial empty stats on a team going nowhere and fighting for nothing, only God knows what the real prices in FA will command.

And for Detroit it's not just the amount they spend. It's that they have made the first move of the offseason. There was no need to do this so high so quickly. Who was banging Meek's door offering more money? It's like when we went so hard so soon after Beasley. Just a poor time and strategy, regardless of the player intrinsic value, at least when it is a target this small. I wouldn't be surprised if Mori was right and there was some agent stuff involved.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Agent Henry Thomas, on report clients Bosh & Wade will take $12M/per & $11M/per, respectively: "all the BS you are reading is just that."
So does this mean that there is more or less of a chance that these guys are possibly bolting the Heat? Is it the Heat that are putting these numbers out, so that they can get more free agents?

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Ring_Wanted wrote:It's 'only' three years so in a way it's not that horrible, but if Meeks is getting more than 6M per after putting up what looks like the proverbial empty stats on a team going nowhere and fighting for nothing, only God knows what the real prices in FA will command.

And for Detroit it's not just the amount they spend. It's that they have made the first move of the offseason. There was no need to do this so high so quickly. Who was banging Meek's door offering more money? It's like when we went so hard so soon after Beasley. Just a poor time and strategy, regardless of the player intrinsic value, at least when it is a target this small. I wouldn't be surprised if Mori was right and there was some agent stuff involved.
I totally thought of Beasley too. Both in terms of the contract and why they were bidding against themselves.

TOO

Post by TOO »

In2ition wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Agent Henry Thomas, on report clients Bosh & Wade will take $12M/per & $11M/per, respectively: "all the BS you are reading is just that."
So does this mean that there is more or less of a chance that these guys are possibly bolting the Heat? Is it the Heat that are putting these numbers out, so that they can get more free agents?
I honestly have no idea

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

In2ition wrote:Gives him more flexibility to not get stuck into a bad situation.
So, I guess the "King" is inmune to career altering injuries?

I don't like to jinx people, but oh boy, how much arrogance this line of thougth would show if it's true indeed, along with his failed attempt to avoid another pre-The-decision road circus, by filtering via agent, their others suitors pitchs, wich fire back as arrogance as well. Yeah, that is a good idea.

From the creators of "The Decision", we presented you with "Pilgrims of the empty throne room"

Maybe I'm giving too much credit to Lebron, and all of this is just plain dumbness.
Last edited by Aztec Sunsfan on Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Or maybe he is just duping everyone so that they hold out for something that isn't going to happen while the Heat swoop in on the lower tier FAs that they should be pursuing.