Jae Crowder trade request

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
JeremyG

Re: Jae Crowder trade request

Post by JeremyG »

On Friday, Gambo said the Suns have multiple offers on the table for Jae, that they can choose to accept at any time.

(In other words, all they have gotten are garbage offers.)
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:13 am
Split T wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 10:51 am
Because his source is player driven and connected to CP3 and/or Booker and their agency. If those players don’t know, Flex doesn’t know. He doesn’t have a suns front office source.
This assumes that the front office actually knows where Jae is going. I'm not even sure they know yet.
For sure, I don’t think they do either…unless they’ve agreed with a team like Miami and just waiting until certain players from Miami can be moved on 12/15

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:58 am
In2ition wrote:
Split T wrote:
Because his source is player driven and connected to CP3 and/or Booker and their agency. If those players don’t know, Flex doesn’t know. He doesn’t have a suns front office source.
This assumes that the front office actually knows where Jae is going. I'm not even sure they know yet.
For sure, I don’t think they do either…unless they’ve agreed with a team like Miami and just waiting until certain players from Miami can be moved on 12/15
That very well could be. I can't discount anything at this point.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

MightyMoog

Post by MightyMoog »

Maybe it’s more in line with the comments Jones said about the nets and Durant. Maybe he’s not being traded, because we don’t really want to trade him. Or maybe we want to see a few games to see which player coming back would be the best option.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

In2ition wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 1:07 pm
Split T wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 11:58 am
In2ition wrote:
Split T wrote:
That very well could be. I can't discount anything at this point.
I hope we’re not discounting Jae either. ;)
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Might as well put him back in the starting lineup and keep CamJ's value down now. :roll:

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:19 pm
Might as well put him back in the starting lineup and keep CamJ's value down now. :roll:

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 3:25 pm
You and sreekar are geniuses.

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

OTOH, I'm not entirely certain Cam Johnson is a legitimate staring PF on a good team. Of course I'd like to see him stay in Phoenix, but not if it means paying him a salary that dramatically exceeds his role on the team. The difference between a full time starter and a sixth man, for example.

It's the same situation we just went through with Ayton, albeit at one level higher.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I think all these current deals are going to look modest after the cap goes up.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:46 pm
I think all these current deals are going to look modest after the cap goes up.
So, much better for Cam then, right?

"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 4:32 pm
OTOH, I'm not entirely certain Cam Johnson is a legitimate staring PF on a good team. Of course I'd like to see him stay in Phoenix, but not if it means paying him a salary that dramatically exceeds his role on the team. The difference between a full time starter and a sixth man, for example.

It's the same situation we just went through with Ayton, albeit at one level higher.
I doubt he was asking for Tyler Herro money (4/130). And Herro was a sixth man last season. Salaries are only going to keep skyrocketing.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:01 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

I doubt he was asking for Tyler Herro money (4/130). And Herro was a sixth man last season. Salaries are only going to keep skyrocketing.
Good for Cam!

"Be Legendary."

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:06 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

Good for Cam!
Only good for us if we get a Bezos-type billionaire as our owner.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JeremyG wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:07 pm
Superbone wrote:
Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:06 pm
JeremyG wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

Good for Cam!
Only good for us if we get a Bezos-type billionaire as our owner.
Fingers crossed!

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

JeremyG wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:

We have no idea what his agent was asking for so it's a waste of time to speculate about it what offers were made. Before his leg injury I expected something like 4yr/$75M to be fair market value. Memphis just extended Clarke for 4yr/$52M.

Also, Tyler Herro is far more accomplished than Cam Johnson in their respective careers so far and Herro is 4 years younger. There's no sense in comparing them in this situation.

Edit: I guess we can speculate. Looks like I was in the ballpark.

Last edited by Flagrant Fowl on Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Not sure that Cam J is going to skyrocket his value as a starter, he could very well ended up exposed as a borderline starter and with the same contract they were talking right now.

There was a difference on both sides offers that keep the deal away from closing, but it doesn’t mean the relationship is broken, starting with Cam J being more mature and diligent that Ayton. Hewent through a full summer of KD talks were no doubt he was the most likely one of the key pieces going out, and he didn’t break a sweat, on top of it, without a contract extension as well, and didn’t start playing games on social media, unlike others (yes Jae, I’m talking about you)

So most likely the Suns take the same route they did with Ayton’s, and arrive to a new deal next year. In the meantime, he will remain on the trading block, and that’s fine for the team flexibility, and the chance to keep Mikal. Bringing in Collins could be a better solution at PF than the current double SF lineup.

It seems the Media is going to keep looking for something to stir the pot around the Suns, I can see their point, but not in the malpractice or debacle level they say.
Last edited by Aztec Sunsfan on Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Splitting hairs between 72 and 85. Should've closed the deal.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I agree, that's a slim difference. Makes me think James Jones is still determined to add a star to pair with Booker rather than lock in a bunch of high end role players. Now he just needs to actually get the deal done.