Around the league: June 2014

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Sunsfan4life

Re: Around the league: June 2014

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
ShelC wrote:Avery Bradley just got 32mil over 4 years which is insane to me. Only took a few summers before GMs got back to their usual antics.
Heh. Now tell me that you prefer that to paying Bledsoe 12M per.

I like Bradley and wanted him as part of a Gortat package last yr. But he did get about 2-3mil more per then he should of
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

carey

Post by carey »

I can't believe there are posters on here that are able to rationalize the money being thrown around. 4/$32M for Bradley is INSANE.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

carey wrote:I can't believe there are posters on here that are able to rationalize the money being thrown around. 4/$32M for Bradley is INSANE.
Personally, I operate under the premise that 99% of what's being done the last two or three offseasons is insane. What is left is to determine to what extent. In this case I believe it is, what, 2M per season? The Celtics can stomach that.

Maybe we need to recalibrate what we deem as 'sanity'. It's not 2005 anymore.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

The NBA is filled with Bad GM's who make it tougher on good GM's.

The Avery Bradley deal is bad, but it doesn't look as bad compared to the Jodie Meeks deal. I am suprised in Boston's case, because I think Danny Ainge is a solid GM.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Ring_Wanted wrote:
carey wrote:I can't believe there are posters on here that are able to rationalize the money being thrown around. 4/$32M for Bradley is INSANE.
Personally, I operate under the premise that 99% of what's being done the last two or three offseasons is insane. What is left is to determine to what extent. In this case I believe it is, what, 2M per season? The Celtics can stomach that.

Maybe we need to recalibrate what we deem as 'sanity'. It's not 2005 anymore.
Just because everyone else is insane doesn't mean you (or I - or anyone) have to conform to it.

$8 million per for Bradley is mind-fucking insane, no matter what year it is - I could maybe see that for Lance Stephenson because of the skills he has to offer, but Bradley? A homeless man's Tony Allen?

Fucking idiots complain about the salaries, yet do everything to set the market higher than Chong on a fucking billboard.....

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

It's nuts that Bradley is making double Tony Allen's salary.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

I am dissapointed to see us not linked to Monroe. Still early in the game yet

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Sunsfan4life wrote:The NBA is filled with Bad GM's who make it tougher on good GM's.

The Avery Bradley deal is bad, but it doesn't look as bad compared to the Jodie Meeks deal. I am suprised in Boston's case, because I think Danny Ainge is a solid GM.
Yeah, Meeks is worse. Ainge has done something similar before though. Jeff Green got 4/36.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

All this is telling me that Eric Bledsoe is getting the Max.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

SwingMan wrote:...no matter what year it is...
Nope. The year, as in the salary cap figure (and the l-tax threshold), is extemely important when discussing how good or bad a contract is. Avery Bradley at 8M per is bad, of course, but if the cap was 55M it would be way worse.

carey

Post by carey »

Sunsfan4life wrote:All this is telling me that Eric Bledsoe is getting the Max.
You bet your ass he is. Knew it since word of Lowry's numbers leaked.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

It seems like the only way you can really have a title contending team is to luck out by drafting a superstar and/or having a bunch of guys on contacts below their FA value. Either because they are on rookie deals or because they are older vets who took less money to be on a good team. Really hard to just go shopping for FAs and obtain a great team that way. In many ways free agency is a stupid thing to get caught up in, because it's probably much better to just wait until guys are on contracts you like and then trade for them.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Ben Gordon to the Magic for two years, $9M. (UGH!)

Cavs possibly preparing Max offer sheet to Gordon Hayward. Love the fit, not the salary.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Shabazz wrote:Ben Gordon to the Magic for two years, $9M. (UGH!)
Now that's a waste of money.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

One of the worst contracts I've seen in a while. We're not talking big money, but that's just pointless.
Last edited by Shabazz on Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Shabazz wrote:One of the worst contracts I've seen in a while. We're not talking bit money, but that's just pointless.
Love the panic of other teams, this is why they stay bad. Either that, or they figured that they had to pay someone to stay over the salary floor.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Wait a minute....Ben Gordon is still alive?

carey

Post by carey »

Is that $9M per or $9M total? Either way, why not keep Afflalo? The vastly superior in every way player.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

TOO

Post by TOO »

Good question, I really dont get what Orlando is doing. Team is full of tweeners and now questionable moves in FA, I wouldn't be encouraged if I were a Magic fan.

carey

Post by carey »

https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/484416321384247296

Go Suns!

Og Snus!