2023 General Offseason/PostSeason League News

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: 2023 General Offseason/PostSeason League News

Post by Superbone »

"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Split T wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:35 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 11:37 pm
That's usually a pretty good listen. I think I had Wemby at #4 in terms of value around this time last year. Or maybe I just said he's definitely in the top 5, I can't exactly remember..

Simmons is such a homer. All that time he spent recently talking up Booker over Tatum but he still puts Tatum ahead of Booker. My guess is that he justified it with their age difference or something.
He did say he almost put him in group A with Tatum. His buddy House was the other guest and asked why Booker was ahead of Murray. Which is ridiculous to me. Murray had a great playoff run, but he’s getting so much credit that really Jokic deserves I think.
One of my most knowledgeable NBA debaters here is a Canadian who has a Murray bias. We’ve been doing the Booker v Murray thing a lot lately. It’s all in jest because he knows Booker is better overall, but he always gets me on the playmaking. Booker made a decent jump in that area this past season, but Murray still has an advantage over him.

The scary thing is that Murray has room to grow. Maybe we never see him go full SGA/Harden/Trae because he’s with Jokic, but I can’t say for certain that he’s not capable of doing it.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Wally_West wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:22 am
Ayton, Payne, Shamet for CJ and Valanciunas. Let’s gooo!
(Queue up INF..) I don’t think Jonas can dependably play in the playoffs.

I think there’s a buy low opportunity for CJ, although I have skepticism about his production curve. He’s a high IQ player who can thrive as a role player. A healthier Malcom Brogdon.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

If he’s anything like his father, Mike Jr. is priming the Warriors for several years of mediocrity.

I suppose the Warriors ownership will have less patience than Sterling.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:42 am
If he’s anything like his father, Mike Jr. is priming the Warriors for several years of mediocrity.

I suppose the Warriors ownership will have less patience than Sterling.
:lol: Cruel. I didn't realize he played in the league for 15 years!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:38 am
p
Wally_West wrote:

I think there’s a buy low opportunity for CJ, although I have skepticism about his production curve. He’s a high IQ player who can thrive as a role player. A healthier Malcom Brogdon.
Hey neither could Ayton but at least JV is only half the price on a expiring deal :)

I don’t think there is going to be many good option replacing Ayton unless you prefer trying to go hard at Brook Lopez or Naz Reid, which would be great, I just don’t feel like they’re realistic options. At this point I’m cool with just an above average center which Jonas is. Solid rebounder, decent defender, 3pt threat. Might be able to have a Aron Baynes type impact playing next to Book and KD. I’ll be happy. Landale and another vet min center of your choice to be backup. Considering the limited resources, that’s probably as good as you are gonna get.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

SunsSince92

Post by SunsSince92 »

Wally_West wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 11:04 am
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
p
Wally_West wrote:

Hey neither could Ayton but at least JV is only half the price on a expiring deal :)

I don’t think there is going to be many good option replacing Ayton unless you prefer trying to go hard at Brook Lopez or Naz Reid, which would be great, I just don’t feel like they’re realistic options. At this point I’m cool with just an above average center which Jonas is. Solid rebounder, decent defender, 3pt threat. Might be able to have a Aron Baynes type impact playing next to Book and KD. I’ll be happy. Landale and another vet min center of your choice to be backup. Considering the limited resources, that’s probably as good as you are gonna get.
The problem is you are getting an upgrade on CP3 in CJ but a downgrade on Ayton (at least stats wise) in JV. We may have more flexibility once Jonas' deal expires but are we that much better than we would be if we did nothing?. Id feel more comfortable making that trade if we had already flipped Paul for a nice role player.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Gotta get Herb in any Pels deal.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

SunsSince92 wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:37 pm
Wally_West wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
p
Wally_West wrote:

The problem is you are getting an upgrade on CP3 in CJ but a downgrade on Ayton (at least stats wise) in JV. We may have more flexibility once Jonas' deal expires but are we that much better than we would be if we did nothing?. Id feel more comfortable making that trade if we had already flipped Paul for a nice role player.
I don’t think JV is a huge downgrade from Ayton but in my scenario I was also waiving and stretching Chris Paul, then using the MLE and BAE to get more players. Specifically the MLE for Bruce Brown and BAE for Seth Curry. You can also the MLE for Brook Lopez or Naz Reid if you prefer, then try to see if you can get Josh Richardson for the BAE or maybe convince Kelly Oubre for it instead.

SunsSince92

Post by SunsSince92 »

Wally_West wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 8:34 am
I would waive and stretch CP. Sign Bruce Brown with the MLE and Seth Curry with the BAE.

CJ-Book-Brown-KD-JV
Curry-Okogie-Yuta-Craig-Landale
Damien Lee-TJ-Biz-Pick52 or Ish.

Not too familiar with vet minimum market, just picked guys that were rumored or I’m cool coming back for Vet Min.
I hadn't seen this post when I commented on your previous one.

I'd be up for this! 👍🏻

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Shabazz wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:44 pm
Gotta get Herb in any Pels deal.
You could always just buy that bro.

SunsSince92

Post by SunsSince92 »

Wally_West wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:52 pm
SunsSince92 wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2023 12:37 pm
Wally_West wrote:
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
p
Wally_West wrote:

I don’t think JV is a huge downgrade from Ayton but in my scenario I was also waiving and stretching Chris Paul, then using the MLE and BAE to get more players. Specifically the MLE for Bruce Brown and BAE for Seth Curry. You can also the MLE for Brook Lopez or Naz Reid if you prefer, then try to see if you can get Josh Richardson for the BAE or maybe convince Kelly Oubre for it instead.
I think I prefer the MLE and BAE on Brown and Curry but I certainly wouldn't be disappointed with Lopez and Reid. I suspect Oubre is the more realistic option for the BAE and part of me would love to see him back in a Suns uni.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Lou Will retires. He was never really my favorite player, but he retires as the NBA's all-time leading bench scorer, which is impressive.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

LOL!
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

TOO

Post by TOO »

What an odd coincidence.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Ayton and Payne for Dame works technically ;)

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Proof that NBA players can be just as clueless as fans when it comes to this stuff.