Game Day: Suns (18-36) @ Lakers (21-31), Tues 2/6/18

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
1tinsoldier

Re: Game Day: Suns (18-36) @ Lakers (21-31), Tues 2/6/18

Post by 1tinsoldier »

great loss. the burns on LA. they've been milking Lonzo's absence for some losses but have been hot instead (because he's an offensive dud)

speaking of rookie struggles, Josh has been improving on offense the past month. but his assists have diminished. he had a nice instinct for passing earlier in the season. i hope the coaches aren't forgetting to work it
Last edited by 1tinsoldier on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Lakers don’t have their own first round pick, there’s no incentive for them to milk his absence

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

specialsauce wrote:Lakers don’t have their own first round pick, there’s no incentive for them to milk his absence
i forgot that. the one that would have been ours i assume. i still need to root for them to win. it will sting less

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Lol

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

The Bobster wrote:
INFORMER wrote:Triano came with the rep of not having a clue on defense.
It's apparently well-deserved.
To be fair, we've been awful at D under our last 16 coaches, too.

I really don't know how you have good D when you start Ulis and Booker.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

1tinsoldier wrote:great loss. the burns on LA. they've been milking Lonzo's absence for some losses but have been hot instead (because he's an offensive dud)

speaking of rookie struggles, Josh has been improving on offense the past month. but his assists have diminished. he had a nice instinct for passing earlier in the season. i hope the coaches aren't forgetting to work it
His assists haven't changed at all. He has been shooting a lot better since Dec 16. in that time, he has averaged 1.2 assists. Prior to that he averaged 1.1.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Cardio Watch: Chriss only played 19.5 minutes last night. Let's see if he remembers his extra cardio this time.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

O_Gardino wrote:Cardio Watch: Chriss only played 19.5 minutes last night. Let's see if he remembers his extra cardio this time.
Heh. You think they deliberately left him 30 seconds short to see how he responds?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400975550

Disappointing shooting game for Bender. 2-10. Jackson had another solid performance, though without many assists, as others pointed out. Our bench looks so thin right now.

The Lakers are way ahead of us now in the "tankathon." We are 18-37 and they are 22-31. That's good to see. We're actually only 1 win behind the rest of the teams: Orlando, Atlanta, Sacramento, Dallas.

http://www.tankathon.com/

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Superbone wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:Cardio Watch: Chriss only played 19.5 minutes last night. Let's see if he remembers his extra cardio this time.
Heh. You think they deliberately left him 30 seconds short to see how he responds?
lol. That's something I would do with my kids, but it doesn't seem like Triano's style.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:The Lakers are way ahead of us now in the "tankathon." We are 18-37 and they are 22-31. That's good to see. We're actually only 1 win behind the rest of the teams: Orlando, Atlanta, Sacramento, Dallas.

http://www.tankathon.com/
You've got that backwards. We are way ahead of the Lakers in Tankathon 2018. What's up is down.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

These games are mainly all about how Josh n Bender doing , well for me personally.

I actually don't have a problem with Bender's 2-10 night for the simple fact although 4 of those were 3pters this wasn't one of those games where he was just floating around the perimeter. Some of you were like Who's this Bender lol and I think it's he didn't like the fact that Randle was looking to bully him every chance and to his credit he tried going back at him. Wasn't all that composed on some of the drives but hey he didn't seem to just go hiding or anything.
Josh was relentless as always, think he pushed it on the break into traffic a couple times like he was doing in Nov-Dec but I don't think he will go back to making that a habit. I thought there would be more comments on the block to fast break dunk sequence lol, that was a sweet play by everyone involved.
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

For those who missed it, here is a short version of the game:

[youtube][/youtube]

1tinsoldier

Post by 1tinsoldier »

O_Gardino wrote:
1tinsoldier wrote:great loss. the burns on LA. they've been milking Lonzo's absence for some losses but have been hot instead (because he's an offensive dud)

His assists haven't changed at all. He has been shooting a lot better since Dec 16. in that time, he has averaged 1.2 assists. Prior to that he averaged 1.1.
per game stats are misleading. i'm too lazy to check but i'm assuming he's playing more minutes after Dec 16. i remember him collecting a handful in some games, with some style (i dropped slingtv at the end of Dec)

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

1tinsoldier wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:

per game stats are misleading. i'm too lazy to check but i'm assuming he's playing more minutes after Dec 16. i remember him collecting a handful in some games, with some style (i dropped slingtv at the end of Dec)
Prior to Dec 16, he averaged 22.2 minutes. Since, he has averaged 23.3 (oddly).

He has had some games where he gets a few very nice assists, or good passes that could have been assists. But those are not consistent. Only once has he had back to back games with 3+ assists. The flashes are there, but that's it.

That's ok. He's a rookie on a team that is a mess. He plays a lot of minutes with other guys who either can't shoot or aren't sure where their spots are yet. I think we will see a lot better passing from him in the future. I'm just pointing out that his passing hasn't dropped off.