2018 NBA Draft Lottery

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
O_Gardino

Re: 2018 NBA Draft Lottery

Post by O_Gardino »

Watching Tatum play in the playoffs has me rethinking my take on Ayton. My take on Ayton is very similar to my take on Tatum last year, and I was wrong about Tatum. Maybe Ayton is better than I give him credit for.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Ugh. After #1 on the first try yesterday. Today's sequence was: 3-4-4-4-1.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I've got that same combination on my luggage!

Cap

Post by Cap »

OK, what the heck, I’ll do it too.

4-3-4-2-4-2-3-4-4-4-4-3-3-4-1.

Wow, I suck at this.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:OK, what the heck, I’ll do it too.

4-3-4-2-4-2-3-4-4-4-4-3-3-4-1.

Wow, I suck at this.
Wow, you do. You suuuuuuuuuuccccckkkkk! LOL That's crazy stupid. Pretty sure it's never taken me that many attempts to get to #1.

"Be Legendary."

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

The reason for tanking is to pick no lower than #4. We are obviously getting #4. We are the Suns after all. The worst case scenario in coin flips and lotteries is our lot in life. The good news is that we will get one of Ayton, Doncic, Bagley, Trae, JJJ, or Bamba. All would be a tremendous addition to this team. But Kokoskov might make more of a difference than the #4 pick.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

JCSunsfan wrote:The reason for tanking is to pick no lower than #4. We are obviously getting #4. We are the Suns after all. The worst case scenario in coin flips and lotteries is our lot in life. The good news is that we will get one of Ayton, Doncic, Bagley, Trae, JJJ, or Bamba. All would be a tremendous addition to this team. But Kokoskov might make more of a difference than the #4 pick.
Thanks for that, JC. I'm trying to relax. Like you said, no matter what we're going to get a very good player. FOMO is a big part of it though. Thinking the top two are going to be the biggest difference makers but it all comes down to picking the right guy from who's available when we pick.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

JCSunsfan wrote:The reason for tanking is to pick no lower than #4. We are obviously getting #4. We are the Suns after all. The worst case scenario in coin flips and lotteries is our lot in life. The good news is that we will get one of Ayton, Doncic, Bagley, Trae, JJJ, or Bamba. All would be a tremendous addition to this team. But Kokoskov might make more of a difference than the #4 pick.
In my mind, hopefully it's a double up of those picks. It's a good draft where if they fall, it's still a great player at a position of need to add to the young core. No worries from me.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Split T

Post by Split T »

I've got my top 4 (Doncic, Ayton, Bagley, JJJ) and two other guys to keep an eye on if they blow us away in workouts (Porter, Bamba) Then a group of guys I'd think about moving up for (Carter, Mikal Bridges, SGA) and my top guys at 16 (Thomas, Holiday, Milton, Porter, Williams, Smith)

The draft seems pretty deep on PG's that aren't true lead ball handlers. While I love thomas, holiday, and Milton the most, there's a chance some of them are available at 31 and there will almost definitely be good options on the board. (Okobo, Shamet, Melton) I also like a few combo forwards if they drop (Bates-Diop and Justin Jackson)

Could be fun to draft Jaren Jackson and Justin Jackson to go with Josh Jackson

jonh

Post by jonh »

Split T wrote: Could be fun to draft Jaren Jackson and Justin Jackson to go with Josh Jackson
If any of them are brothers, it’s a done deal.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

O_Gardino wrote:Watching Tatum play in the playoffs has me rethinking my take on Ayton. My take on Ayton is very similar to my take on Tatum last year, and I was wrong about Tatum. Maybe Ayton is better than I give him credit for.
I was thinking the same thing not long ago. Ayton has all the talent and moves, but people questioned his motor. Ayton has Tatum's skills but his is bigger and more athletic. He almost looks bored with the college game. He is far and away my first choice. After that, I don't know if its going to matter much to me.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Luka played 22 minutes today, had 17 pts, 10 rbs, 10 asts and didn't miss a shot. First triple double in the ACB in 11 yrs.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

rhylek

Post by rhylek »

Got 1-1-2-4-4-1... send me to the draft instead of Josh lol

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition wrote:Luka played 22 minutes today, had 17 pts, 10 rbs, 10 asts and didn't miss a shot. First triple double in the ACB in 11 yrs.
Could Luka end up being a Harden like player? Both are big physical guards with great vision and passing ability. Very capable ball handlers and diverse shot makers. Neither are great athletes or great defenders. Not expecting 30/10/8 numbers from Doncic but he could be in the harden mold.

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Split T wrote:
In2ition wrote:Luka played 22 minutes today, had 17 pts, 10 rbs, 10 asts and didn't miss a shot. First triple double in the ACB in 11 yrs.
Could Luka end up being a Harden like player? Both are big physical guards with great vision and passing ability. Very capable ball handlers and diverse shot makers. Neither are great athletes or great defenders. Not expecting 30/10/8 numbers from Doncic but he could be in the harden mold.
Is Harden not a great athlete? He's built like a tank.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

[youtube][/youtube]

"Be Legendary."

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Hermen wrote:
Split T wrote:
He’s not a tank he’s a clown

Split T

Post by Split T »

Hermen wrote:
Split T wrote:
Just meant as a run/jump athlete. He's not blowing by people with his speed or elevating over people to finish. He uses hesitation, ball handling, smarts, and his tank like body.

bajanguy008

Post by bajanguy008 »

I like the plays
Tweet I saw did mention that this was against the worst team in the League so there's that but 22mins is doing work 8-)
SUNS Fan from the Land of Sun, Sea and Sand ;)

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Superbone wrote:
[youtube][/youtube]
Yes, please. And thank you.