Around the League: Week 7 11/26-12/2

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Robot

Re: Around the League: Week 7 11/26-12/2

Post by Robot »

Does anyone agree that it might be good to get Ayton to do hand-offs closer to the 3 point line? That way he can run toward the basket with his hand up for the ball for a longer period of time. I think hes most effective 20+ feet out.

What are your thoughts? Comment and like below

-R

gosuns

Post by gosuns »

Robot wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:10 am
Does anyone agree that it might be good to get Ayton to do hand-offs closer to the 3 point line? That way he can run toward the basket with his hand up for the ball for a longer period of time. I think hes most effective 20+ feet out.

-R
Before i can give you my opinion on your idea i have a question, what exactly is a handoff and what purpose does it have?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

gosuns wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:13 pm
Robot wrote:

-R
Before i can give you my opinion on your idea i have a question, what exactly is a handoff and what purpose does it have?
I'm pretty sure it's a joke and my joke answer would be as long as it's outside the 3 point line. Preferably 2 or 3 feet, maybe even just inside the half court line.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

gosuns

Post by gosuns »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:18 pm
gosuns wrote:
Robot wrote:

-R
I'm pretty sure it's a joke and my joke answer would be as long as it's outside the 3 point line. Preferably 2 or 3 feet, maybe even just inside the half court line.
I know it was a joke and it’s funny because of the part where Ayton runs to the basket with his Hand up and no one can really pass him the ball. I thought making idea green was to make it clear that his idea wasn’t meant to be serious. Sorry, English isn’t my first language.

My question is serious and basketball related and i would love to hear some oppinions about handoffs and there purpose in general. I just don’t get them.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

gosuns wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:27 pm
Superbone wrote:
gosuns wrote:
Robot wrote:

-R
I know it was a joke and it’s funny because of the part where Ayton runs to the basket with his Hand up and no one can really pass him the ball. I thought making idea green was to make it clear that his idea wasn’t meant to be serious. Sorry, English isn’t my first language.

My question is serious and basketball related and i would love to hear some oppinions about handoffs and there purpose in general. I just don’t get them.
Your English is fine! It's my eyes that didn't see the green.

A dribble handoff is when you screen a teammate's defender with your backside while handing the ball off to him. He is then free to shoot the ball/create and/or the person who made the handoff can roll to the basket for a give and go. We do it often with Ayton at the FT line screening and handing off the ball.

"Be Legendary."

gosuns

Post by gosuns »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:31 pm
gosuns wrote:
Superbone wrote:
gosuns wrote:
Robot wrote:

-R

A dribble handoff is when you screen a teammate's defender with your backside while handing the ball off to him. He is then free to shoot the ball/create and/or the person who made the handoff can roll to the basket for a give and go. We do it often with Ayton at the FT line screening and handing off the ball.
We do this so much it’s way to predictable and often ends in no advantage or in a turnover. That’s what I meant „I don’t get it“ in why do we do this so much.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

gosuns wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:33 pm
Superbone wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:31 pm
gosuns wrote:
Superbone wrote:
gosuns wrote:

We do this so much it’s way to predictable and often ends in no advantage or in a turnover. That’s what I meant „I don’t get it“ in why do we do this so much.
Gotcha. Yes, quite ineffective.

"Be Legendary."