Suns News: Week 16 1/28-2/3

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
ShelC

Re: Suns News: Week 16 1/28-2/3

Post by ShelC »

I half joking putting those post up, but I do think if we offered Ayton in a deal the Pels would have to think hard.

I love a lot of the Pels pieces (Randle, Holiday, Mirotic) and would look to make a play for any of those guys to put with Booker and Ayton just the same.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Kristaps may be on the block now as well.

Kristaps, AD, Conley, maybe Jrue, Ball.. there are a lot of avenues the Suns could take to better position themselves for both this season and the future.

*fast forward 3 months* The Suns have traded Troy Daniels for a top-55 protected second round pick.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Shabazz wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:27 pm

Kristaps, AD, Conley, maybe Jrue, Ball.. there are a lot of avenues the Suns could take to better position themselves for both this season and the future.

*fast forward 3 months* The Suns have traded Troy Daniels for a top-55 protected second round pick.
Get them all without giving up Ayton and Booker, haha. I'm kidding, but we need depth.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Shabazz wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:27 pm

Pretty much.

Porzingis is tough because of the injury and he's restricted. I'm not sure about him next to Ayton but I'd definitely be willing to give it a shot because I believe KP has a killer mentality and is comfortable being the man and demanding the ball - which Ayton so far hasn't shown. And KP can stretch the floor, defend the rim and rebound just the same. It'd potentially be a hell of a frontcourt.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

What do you think about giving up the Suns 14% chance at getting the top pick in the draft would sound for a chance to resign Porzingis, since it doesn't seem that Kristaps is going to play this year? This would add more chance for NY to get Zion, and/or possibly have more cap space to sign FAs.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Crap, Dallas already made the deal to take on salary. Good deal for Dallas, NY must really think they have a chance at some big time guys this summer.

Split T

Post by Split T »

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

https://twitter.com/BA_Turner/status/1091058024515424256

Offering up the farm.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ball obviously has some appeal, but his shot is a big worry. I felt good about him as a transition pg who could turn more into an off ball guard in the halfcourt when he shot 40% from 3 in college. His shot hasn’t translated to the nba 3 yet and he has no midrange game. Defenses can play way off him and just keep him away from the rim. He can pass though and would get us a lot of good looks in transition. He can also get the ball to Ayton in the post. And while I don’t think he’s a good halfcourt pg right now, he’s better than what we have and could allow booker to spend more time off the ball.

He’s not my first choice, but I’d remain hopeful about him and he does provide potential upside.

Ball/Booker/Bridges/Ayton....Just missing Zion

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Ball's PnR passing has been very good this year. That was a weakness going into his rookie year. We already know he's one of the best on the ball pg defender in the league, and he's one of the best rebounders as a pg. His shot is going to take time, but he would improve the roster as soon as he hits the floor.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I'd be interested in gambling on Ball. He would bring some excitement to the Suns and no pun intended, get the ball moving.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

The lot of us have said that this team would look a lot different with a real PG running the team. Ball isn't perfect, but he's young and excels at the things this team desperately needs on offense.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:30 pm
The lot of us have said that this team would look a lot different with a real PG running the team. Ball isn't perfect, but he's young and excels at the things this team desperately needs on offense.
If he was perfect, we wouldn't have a shot at him.

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:35 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Touche.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

"Be Legendary."

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

James Jones taking the long view on things.

At least he's bold. I guess?

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

ShelC wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:38 pm
James Jones taking the long view on things.

At least he's bold. I guess?
I don't know if there's any truth to it. Checking out the tweeter, he doesn't have many followers.

"Be Legendary."

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'd put a lot of money on DeAnthony Melton being as good as, if not better, than Rozier is now during his 4th year in the league.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Yeah that account is full of shit

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Superbone wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:35 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Jrue is perfect and I think we have a legit shot if we take it.