Around the League: Week 6 (11/27 - 12/3)

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Around the League: Week 6 (11/27 - 12/3)

Post by Superbone »

Split T wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:02 pm
Shabazz wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 12:39 pm
Who says no: Paul George for Bojan, Jaden Ivey, James Wiseman and picks?
Is Detroit that desperate to win? I get they are struggling but most of their guys are in their first 3 years in the league. They need their Ricky Rubio/Kelly Oubre additions…just add some talent around Cade/Ausar/Duren and let it grow organically for a bit
Doesn't matter as I agree with Saucy as the Clippers wouldn't do that deal.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Not sure why the pistons would do that either. Paul George doesn’t really fit their timeline, you probably want him to go to and up and coming team with an established star already what about to pacers to join Haliburton and Mathurin?

Something like

Clippers-Turner, Hield, McConnell, Jarace Walker and picks

Pacers- Paul George, Bones Hyland, Zubac

Haliburton-Brown-Mathurin-George-Zubac

TOO

Post by TOO »

Don't put that evil on Hali. PG deserves to rot in LA, he built that team with Kawhi, deal with it.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Split T wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
Is Detroit that desperate to win? I get they are struggling but most of their guys are in their first 3 years in the league. They need their Ricky Rubio/Kelly Oubre additions…just add some talent around Cade/Ausar/Duren and let it grow organically for a bit
They should be desperate to win. I don't know what another high lottery pick does for them. They've got some good young talent and I think they already have their Oubres and Rubios. They need their CP3 now.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

TOO wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:20 pm
Don't put that evil on Hali. PG deserves to rot in LA, he built that team with Kawhi, deal with it.
Lol just thinking of a realistic trade for PG. I could see the Knicks as an option also with all their picks. Do a Randle and PG swap. Everyone wins lol

Split T

Post by Split T »

Shabazz wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:23 pm
Split T wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
They should be desperate to win. I don't know what another high lottery pick does for them. They've got some good young talent and I think they already have their Oubres and Rubios. They need their CP3 now.
Their young talent hasn’t really shown up yet. I think that’s the difference between them and the bubble suns. Cade needs to be better. Ausar and Duren are promising. Who are their Rubio/Oubre guys? Bojan is good and a solid vet, but he hasn’t played yet this year, right?

I’m not saying they should tank, but going all in for Paul George who is a free agent after this year doesn’t seem smart. I think they’d be better off targeting a vet pg. Take some pressure off Cade…I don’t know who that would be…maybe you could get DeJounte Murray from the Hawks? Tyus Jones from the Wizards?

They should also target good vet role players. Bojan will be good when he’s back, but what about Caruso from the Bulls? Elevate the level of those 4-8 rotation spots and take pressure off the young cornerstones.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Shabazz wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 1:23 pm
Split T wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
I don’t think Paul George can be CP3 for them tho. I think PG is a great player but I don’t think hes the type veteran leader that could bring a young team out the gutter like that. I think PG would quit on the pistons real quick.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

specialsauce wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:20 am
TOO wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:39 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:48 pm
Not long ago you said a lot of the same shit about Jokic...

I think Luka can win in the NBA, but not by only implementing the helio-centric style.
I think it would take a very perfect storm for Luka to win a title. His offense is too methodical, too centered on him and him alone, he doesn't really do much off the ball, his team would have to built from top to bottom to suit his style.
FF didn’t read the Twitter thread, he’s speaking from the heart not the brain

And if you read the thread, his team is solid without him.

His stats are empty and take away from the team.

He’s not a good player if your goal is to win.
I did read it and my takeaway wasn't that he's not a good player, it's that the style he's played isn't as effective as it seems. He and the team share responsibility in that fault.

It's ironic you say I'm speaking from the heart when you're always tripling down on these takes, for example saying he's "terrible". Everyone can see he's not terrible, and again, what happened with Jokic who you also passionately disregarded? He got the right guys around him to stay healthy and dominated the league. It's not unrealistic to think Luka couldn't someday do to the same, he's still only 24 years old.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Would the Pistons be a good place for Zach Lavine? Who else? I like that Dejounte Murray suggestion, except that ATL paid such a high price to get him there, they probably wouldn't give him up cheap. Siakam? Maybe steal some spare parts from the Jazz once they decide to fully tank?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I don't think the Pistons will make a move that adds salary this year unless someone falls into their lap for a sizeable discount.
Last edited by Flagrant Fowl on Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Mori Chu wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:39 pm
Would the Pistons be a good place for Zach Lavine? Who else? I like that Dejounte Murray suggestion, except that ATL paid such a high price to get him there, they probably wouldn't give him up cheap. Siakam? Maybe steal some spare parts from the Jazz once they decide to fully tank?
I thought about LaVine but I’m not sure he provides what they need from a leadership standpoint…that’s just me assuming though. I’ve never got the sense that he’s a locker room guy. Siakam could be interesting and could take some playmaking off of Cade’s plate but I’d worry about the spacing. Monty doesn’t seem to care though. I think ideally they’d add a playmaker who also spaces the floor for Cade/Ausar pnr with Duren.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:21 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:20 am
TOO wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:39 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:48 pm
Not long ago you said a lot of the same shit about Jokic...

I think Luka can win in the NBA, but not by only implementing the helio-centric style.
I think it would take a very perfect storm for Luka to win a title. His offense is too methodical, too centered on him and him alone, he doesn't really do much off the ball, his team would have to built from top to bottom to suit his style.
FF didn’t read the Twitter thread, he’s speaking from the heart not the brain

And if you read the thread, his team is solid without him.

His stats are empty and take away from the team.

He’s not a good player if your goal is to win.
I did read it and my takeaway wasn't that he's not a good player, it's that the style he's played isn't as effective as it seems. He and the team share responsibility in that fault.

It's ironic you say I'm speaking from the heart when you're always tripling down on these takes, for example saying he's "terrible". Everyone can see he's not terrible, and again, what happened with Jokic who you also passionately disregarded? He got the right guys around him to stay healthy and dominated the league. It's not unrealistic to think Luka couldn't someday do to the same, he's still only 24 years old.
Jokic wasn’t objectively bad.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Luka has been 1st team All-NBA for 4 straight years. He's no where near objectively bad.

TOO

Post by TOO »

No, Luka is incredible, just don't think his style of play will lead you very far.

Split T

Post by Split T »

I think there’s a good argument that Luka isn’t a top 5 player, but you’re crazy if you think he’s not top 12 or so

TOO

Post by TOO »

Split T wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:01 pm
I think there’s a good argument that Luka isn’t a top 5 player, but you’re crazy if you think he’s not top 12 or so
My issue with him is he's just go so much Harden in his game, no off the ball use, no defensive use, just hate that play style.

SunsRIt

Post by SunsRIt »

Split T wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
Paul George isn’t good enough for that kind of haul. To me he is the same as Luka. Way, way overrated.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

This how I would rank them.

1. Jokic
2. Giannis
3. Steph
4.Book
5.Luka
6.Bron
7. KD
8. Embiid
9. Tatum
10. Shai
11.Bol

Kryptonic

Post by Kryptonic »

Wally_West wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:23 pm
This how I would rank them.

1. Jokic
2. Giannis
3. Steph
4.Book
5.Luka
6.Bron
7. KD
8. Embiid
9. Tatum
10. Shai
11.Bol
11. Bol

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »