Game Day: Suns (38-36) @ Blazers (47-25), Mon 3/30/15

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Game Day: Suns (38-36) @ Blazers (47-25), Mon 3/30/15

Post by Mori Chu »

Cap wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:If you want a fun drinking game, take a swig every time the Suns pass the ball. You'll end the game sober.
You know, coming up with an actual Suns drinking game seems like the best way to get through the rest of the season. New thread?
Do it! I insist that "Bledsoe dribbles the ball off his foot => take a drink" must be in this game.

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

iLLmatic wrote:
djy2j wrote:Havent been able to catch like the last 5 games but it doesnt look I have missed much. Same lackadaisical play all around. If they keep this group together this summer id resign if I were Hornacek.
I wouldn't doubt if he does regardless of roster changes that are made over the summer.

RESIGN!!?

We should FIRE his ass. Along with anybody else that thinks playing Marcus Morris 20+ minutes per game is a recipe for success.

We're out of the playoffs and we STILL played the same losers that are responsible for this +20 minutes and our young guys that can actually be part of our core in the future get squat until we're down 30? The door is open for Hornacek.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Why the hell are we playing Earl Barron and AJ Price? Why are the Morrii leading us in minutes? Why has Brandan Wright been buried?

EDC

Post by EDC »

iLLmatic wrote:
djy2j wrote:Havent been able to catch like the last 5 games but it doesnt look I have missed much. Same lackadaisical play all around. If they keep this group together this summer id resign if I were Hornacek.
I wouldn't doubt if he does regardless of roster changes that are made over the summer.
I want to like Coach but man he hasn't done much in the way of coaching this season. I know he doesn't have much to work but he seems almost nonchalant about it. Like he told them how they need to play to win but is okay with letting them do their own thing. All while sitting there waiting to be proven right. That isn't good coaching. :(

I really fear what kind of things the young guys are learning from this disaster of a year.

iLLmatic

Post by iLLmatic »

Cap wrote:
Mori Chu wrote:If you want a fun drinking game, take a swig every time the Suns pass the ball. You'll end the game sober.
You know, coming up with an actual Suns drinking game seems like the best way to get through the rest of the season. New thread?
Maybe we can apply it at our next get together.

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

I was kinda giving Horny the benefit of the doubt since he ovoverachieved last year. I wouldnt be sad if they let him go. I also wouldnt be sad if we had 13 new players next year. I know the young guys have potential but this franchise is really hard to like right now. Future doesn't feel too bright either.

OT but every Kentucky game ive watched in tournament I sit there and shake my head knowing that the goddamn Harrison twins are going to be wearing Suns uniforms net year. Its inevitable.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

TOO

Post by TOO »

Its hard for a coach to run a team when his PG cant run an offense. Yeah, Horny's sub patterns leave a lot to be desired, but that can be improved. If we dont get smarter players we aren't going anywhere, regardless who the coach is.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

The Suns have been outscored 109-72 in the last two second halves.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

The Bobster wrote:The Suns have been outscored 109-72 in the last two second halves.
That's because we're more of a 3rd half kind of team.
Last edited by djy2j on Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

carey

Post by carey »

Len broke his nose? Bummer.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Its hard for a coach to run a team when his PG cant run an offense. Yeah, Horny's sub patterns leave a lot to be desired, but that can be improved. If we dont get smarter players we aren't going anywhere, regardless who the coach is.
This

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

djy2j wrote:That's because we're more of a 3rd half kind of team.
We are more of a half assed kind of team.

carey

Post by carey »

Listen, I really like Hornacek. I think he's a good dude. I think he is honest. I think he can coach the right players and do really well. This roster? This isn't the roster for him. I think he needs a team of guys like him. A team of gritty veterans. He'd do well with that Portland team, the Clippers, or even Memphis. The current roster? They need one of two kinds of coaches a burly taskmaster in the mold of Thibs / Carlisle or a teacher like Doug Collins / Hubie Brown. Hornacek is more of a players coach, almost like Alvin Gentry part II. He gives his instructions and expects them to be followed then shakes his head when they aren't and proceeds to do nothing about it.

So you do one of two things in the Summer. Drastically reshape the roster by moving Bledsoe and the Morris twins out of town. Or you have to let Hornacek go and bring in a guy that can get these idiots under control. When my malaise fades I'm going to be writing the front office myself. I hope McDonough has the temperature of the fan base already, but if not I plan to add my voice to the chorus.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

So you're saying Hornacek would do well on a top 5 team in the league?

.....So would I. I'd still be a shitty coach.

I don't care about the record this year. He had no control of the team, made zero adjustments, and the team had no gameplan down the stretch in games.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

I know he's only played in garbage time, but Reggie Bullock has looked awful in the minutes he's played for us. He's also older than Brandon Knight.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Yeah, I've seen nothing from Bullock to merit keeping him.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Danimal wrote:With the pointless games remaining, can we at least feed Len a little more to get him some more confidence in the post. I know that means less contested jumpers by the morri, but so be it
I don't think he gained much confidence tonight. He had his shot sent back a couple times.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
You'd do much better with turnovers than passes. Or maybe non-assisted shot attempts.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:I know he's only played in garbage time, but Reggie Bullock has looked awful in the minutes he's played for us. He's also older than Brandon Knight.
I was going to say the same thing. Let him go. At this point, I don't care if they dumped the whole roster other than Len, Warren, and maybe Goodwin.

"Be Legendary."

SDC

Post by SDC »

The current roster? They need one of two kinds of coaches a burly taskmaster in the mold of Thibs / Carlisle or a teacher like Doug Collins / Hubie Brown. Hornacek is more of a players coach, almost like Alvin Gentry part II. He gives his instructions and expects them to be followed then shakes his head when they aren't and proceeds to do nothing about it.
if you're an unemployed top caliber coach, would you be excited to coach this team after seeing the roster. or will you be patient until NOH job becomes vacant?