Around the League: Week of 4/7 - 4/13

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Around the League: Week of 4/7 - 4/13

Post by Mori Chu »

INF's so worked up, he's gone plus-size-font on us!

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Some pretty egregious failures went down tonight that called for it.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Can you believe that the Chicago freaking Bulls are 3rd in the East? Wow. That floors me. Granted, they have EXACTLY the same record we do, which makes me want to cry. But wow. Thibs has really done an amazing job with that team. Third. THIRD! 47-32 record. After Derrick Rose is out all year and Luol Deng is traded for a bag of chips. How the heck did that happen? I'm stunned.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

TOO

Post by TOO »

Mori Chu wrote:Can you believe that the Chicago freaking Bulls are 3rd in the East? Wow. That floors me. Granted, they have EXACTLY the same record we do, which makes me want to cry. But wow. Thibs has really done an amazing job with that team. Third. THIRD! 47-32 record. After Derrick Rose is out all year and Luol Deng is traded for a bag of chips. How the heck did that happen? I'm stunned.
Players want to win, and Thibs is a great coach. They're like a defensive version of the Suns.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Mori Chu wrote:Can you believe that the Chicago freaking Bulls are 3rd in the East? Wow. That floors me. Granted, they have EXACTLY the same record we do, which makes me want to cry. But wow. Thibs has really done an amazing job with that team. Third. THIRD! 47-32 record. After Derrick Rose is out all year and Luol Deng is traded for a bag of chips. How the heck did that happen? I'm stunned.

Luol Deng is overrated.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

INFORMER wrote:Luol Deng is overrated.
Maybe, but they literally gave him away. He does provide value and played a ton of minutes for them, giving them lots of energy, and good production at both ends of the floor. He's been awful in Cleveland, but he was useful to them. And they lose the guy for NOTHING and don't skip a beat.

carey

Post by carey »

This is an interesting article about Durant's link to Dirk's shot coach: CLICK
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

How about this...

The Bulls traded Deng, Jokim Noah's best friend on the team, to get under the luxary tax.

Noah proceeds to then go on an MVP-ish tear that could land him on all NBA 1st team which would trigger a bunch of incentives in his contract to put the Bulls over the luxury tax.

Hows that for Karma? haha
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Hahaha. God, let it happen.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Carmelo Anthony and Tom Thibadeau flirt with each other through the media:
It's well-known in league circles that coach Tom Thibodeau would love to add Anthony. They share an agency. And Thibodeau agreed with a suggestion that Anthony's reputation as a selfish ball-stopper is overstated.

"It's interesting because with USA Basketball, they talk about him being a playmaker," Thibodeau said. "He scores and if a guy is open, he passes the ball. I think oftentimes it's who he plays with.

"A lot of the things that you hear about him I heard about Kevin Garnett and Ray Allen and Paul Pierce before they came together and won it. That changes perception. Carmelo has been one of the elite scorers in the league for a long, long time."

There's no denying that. And Anthony praised Thibodeau in comments to New York reporters on Friday.

"(The Bulls) have a great coach and system," Anthony said. "It's like Gregg Popovich's system. You can put anyone in the system and it's going to work. Guys have been in and out of the lineup and they still get it done."
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/ba ... 4343.story

carey

Post by carey »

Welp, guess I was wrong about that pairing. Figured Thibs would kill him within 2 months.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

Tanks for nutin' Lakers. :(
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I think Melo is seriously interested in becoming a member of the Bulls. And they're interested in him. And both sides should be. Get Melo out of that train wreck in New York. Why should he stay? Just because they brought in Phil Jackson? I don't think Melo cares too much about that. What exactly can Phil do to fix that mess?

carey

Post by carey »

Mori Chu wrote:Why should he stay?
$30Mil or so.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!