Suns News: Week 3 11/9-11/15

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Indy

Re: Suns News: Week 3 11/9-11/15

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:I don't understand why if there was a settlement that she can talk about it now? Was there a statute of limitations? Why not talk about it before? Why has it resurfaced now? Anybody know? Do I ask a lot of questions? Was the last one rhetorical?
He can sue her for talking now. But he won't. She said she was just tired of feeling like he paid her off to not talk about molesting her. 17 year old kids make bad choices.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:I don't understand why if there was a settlement that she can talk about it now? Was there a statute of limitations? Why not talk about it before? Why has it resurfaced now? Anybody know? Do I ask a lot of questions? Was the last one rhetorical?
He can sue her for talking now. But he won't. She said she was just tired of feeling like he paid her off to not talk about molesting her. 17 year old kids make bad choices.
OK, thanks.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Nodack

Post by Nodack »

Mori Chu wrote:I think once Markieff is shipped out, it'll be like a breath of fresh air. We may not improve our winning percentage, but we'll be more pleasant to watch.
I agree. He is like a dark cloud hanging over the team. The sooner he is gone the better. I think it would help our %. His head isn't in the game and he hates the team. Reminds me of the Penny days a little.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Indy wrote:
17 year old kids don't make legal choices, their parents do.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Is there anyway a package of Bledsoe,Kieff,Archie and a top 5 protected 1st rounder gets the Kings attention for "Boogie". If I recall, they coveted Eric last off-season.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Knight
Booker
Warren
Cousins
Chandler

Bench:
Leur
Len
Weems
P.J.
Price
Teletovic

Heats 1st rd picks
Cavs 1st rd Pick

Its a deal that would change the whole perspective of the franchise. Boogie is a coach killer, yes, but I think its a role of the dice you try if your Phoenix and the Kings seem to be hell bent on not "tanking", ala morgaging the future to chase Wes Matthews and Monta Ellis, and probabaly would want multiple pieces that can help them now as well as a pick.
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Demarcus Cousins: 24 ppg (.403 from 2, .421 from 3 with an efg% of .451), 11 rebs, 1.2 blocks, 2.2 assts.

Not as effecient offensively as I would like. As a pf/c Cousins has NEVER averaged over 50% from the 2. Markieff is a more effecient offensive player than Cousins. Cousins is such a rebounder though. Cousins would be a great player to have, but because of his immaturity and offensive inefficiency, I would not trade the farm for him, certainly not Bledsoe as part of a package.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Cousins and Bledsoe are friends and honestly that's the only angle that can attract Boogie to the Suns. If a trade were to happen, I guess it would be Knight, who also fits Karl better (not that Karl would keep his job if things got so bad that Cousins wants out). I'd make everything else but Booker available.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Ring_Wanted wrote:Cousins and Bledsoe are friends and honestly that's the only angle that can attract Boogie to the Suns. If a trade were to happen, I guess it would be Knight, who also fits Karl better (not that Karl would keep his job if things got so bad that Cousins wants out). I'd make everything else but Booker available.

Cousins is under contract for a while still, right? So we wouldn't have to be attractive to him. But honestly, Knight played the year after he did, so I'm sure they know each other. I doubt Cousins cares where he is traded, he didn't have a list this summer, but you could be in worse places and cities then Phoenix. I think he would relish the chance of staying in the same division as the Kings too.

Now after a year of things not going his way...That's a different story. He would need to be held accountable and have a more positive attitude and honestly, I think you need to have a coach who demanded a little more discipline and respect then Hornecek does.

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

I just would rather keep Knight then Bledsoe. Bledsoe is having the better stastical year, but I just see in Knight more qualities in a point guard and decision maker then Eric. Bedsoe had a fantastic night last night, but again with the 8 turns and many of which were of lazy pass sloppy dribbling in traffic variety.

Knights shooting too.....

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Who has Cousins gotten fired?

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Paul "Then everyone will say what a great series it was" Westphal.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Hey, he got my favorite player fired as his coach so you can guess where I stand on Cousins.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

carey

Post by carey »

Sunsfan4life wrote:I just would rather keep Knight then Bledsoe. Bledsoe is having the better stastical year, but I just see in Knight more qualities in a point guard and decision maker then Eric. Bedsoe had a fantastic night last night, but again with the 8 turns and many of which were of lazy pass sloppy dribbling in traffic variety.

Knights shooting too.....
Knight just had an 8 TO night himself. Neither of these guys can pass themselves out of a wet paper bag. Bledsoe does offer some things Knight doesn't. The rebounding, around the basket play and defense are all fairly superior. They are different players so it depends on what you value.

Just count me as a guy that would like to move at least one of them to start our future stud SG and bring in a young (hungry) PF.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Cap

Post by Cap »

Hey, Bleds has 20 assists in the past two games and a lot of them looked positively KJ-esque. Yeah, the turnovers are still a problem, but he really seems to be improving as a playmaker. Let's see if he can sustain it.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

In the face of all the prior kvetching about his PG abilities, Bledsoe has put together a solid little CV in the first eight games. He's an exceptional athlete and a curiosity -- a short of- guard who is charged with running the offense. He can pop the trey or drive balls to wall deep into the paint. He also can play tough one-on-one defense, in stretches.

At least for the moment, he's not the problem.
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I would give up pretty much anything we have for DeMarcus Cousins. I know he's kind of a headcase, and I know he's been on a lot of below-.500 teams which implies something about him and whether he's a "winner," but he's one of few franchise guys in the league. You can build a title team around a guy like that.

A lot of various Trade Machine trades work for Boogie. Morris, Len, Goodwin, and 2 first-rounders, for example. I think you have to load them up with picks or they won't talk.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Mori Chu wrote:I would give up pretty much anything we have for DeMarcus Cousins. I know he's kind of a headcase, and I know he's been on a lot of below-.500 teams which implies something about him and whether he's a "winner," but he's one of few franchise guys in the league. You can build a title team around a guy like that.

A lot of various Trade Machine trades work for Boogie. Morris, Len, Goodwin, and 2 first-rounders, for example. I think you have to load them up with picks or they won't talk.
I would do that trade. I would even throw in another pick.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

I think Sac could probably do better than that, sadly. Doubt we will have much of a shot at Boogie.

carey

Post by carey »

Mori Chu wrote:I think Sac could probably do better than that, sadly. Doubt we will have much of a shot at Boogie.
Boston will probably offer the Nets unprotected first from this year and some other firsts and a couple of meh prospects and it will get done. All we have is our own unprotected and the Heat unprotected way down the line, which is very valuable if you ask me...

This is probably why we should have held on to that Lakers pick. Knight's ability to play basketball not withstanding.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!