Game Day: Suns (8-9) @ Nets (4-13), Tues 12/1/15

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Superbone

Re: Game Day: Suns (8-9) @ Nets (4-13), Tues 12/1/15

Post by Superbone »

EDC wrote:Clutch foul by Kieff. :P
He had it going on all cylinders tonight.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

The Bobster wrote:Morris - 28 min, 6 points (3 of 11 shooting), 1 rebound.
All-star material for sure. If we keep winning like this, he's a shoe-in.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

He just makes the game so fun to watch! I hope everybody here realizes what a rare treasure it is that we get to watch his play on a nightly basis.

"Be Legendary."

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

What makes it even harder to stomach is how badly he's being outplayed by his backups. Even Tucker would be significantly more effective at the 4. But coach keeps throwing him out there.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Pretty sure Hornacek won't be the coach next season, me thinks the Suns go hard for Luke Walton as coach next year.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wally_West wrote:Pretty sure Hornacek won't be the coach next season, me thinks the Suns go hard for Luke Walton as coach next year.
That's a good call. You've got the Sarver/Walton UofA connection.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Len played pretty well tonight. That was a tough blow when his shot fell of the rim near the end of the game.

"Be Legendary."

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

The Bobster wrote:Morris - 28 min, 6 points (3 of 11 shooting), 1 rebound.
But we have to showcase his value so we can make the great trade!
Window is open again ... blue skies ahead?

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

Superbone wrote:
EDC wrote:Clutch foul by Kieff. :P
He had it going on all cylinders tonight.
Too bad his engine belongs in a goped ...

OE32

Post by OE32 »

I actually enjoyed this game, and didn't mind the conclusion as much as perhaps I should. While TJ Warren is currently the most exciting player we have on the roster, I most enjoy watching Alex Len's development, as he is, in my opinion, absolutely crucial to our rebuilding effort. I thought he played well last night - made his only jumper, drove against Lopez for the foul, controlled the glass, made smart passes, and made Lopez work for his points. Lopez killed us whenever Alex wasn't in the game.

Also - I don't think Alex is only useful against bigs. Rim protection is always important, and we always miss it when we go small (IMO, more than we benefit from the stretched floor on the other end). Plus, I think Alex is learning to get low and stay closer to the ballhandler when defending on the perimeter. He's a more versatile weapon than I think he gets credit for, despite the fact that he is still learning the game.

Our offense kinda sucks. We depend so much on our guards to create offense that we become really easy to defend - just clog the lane and watch for the kick out to the corner. The solution to this predictability is already on the roster - TJ. He creates offense in such a variety of ways that he alone can open up our offense. I hear Coach drone on about playing the best defender, but (a) we don't seem to really care whether the opposing wing player is any good offensively (and we should), (b) turnovers caused by a stagnant offense are bad for your defense as well as your offense, (c) I see very few possessions on which TJ actually plays bad defense, and many where he plays well, and (d) I see enough possessions where PJ's defense isn't great that I don't think the difference on the defensive end compares to the difference on the offensive end.

Hornacek is doing to TJ what coaches have done to talented young players time after time - not playing him despite earning PT, for teaching purposes. It doesn't work, and it's bullshit.

Keef sucks. Hoping December 15 brings us an early Christmas present. But based on McD's trade history, I'm not holding my breath.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

I feel like we never play well against NY and the Nets.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Our offense kinda sucks.
Ha!

Indy

Post by Indy »

Shabazz wrote:Ronnie Price last 6 games: 4-16, 1-11 from 3. But let's keep playing him important crunch-time minutes over our young (better) backcourt so he can "shut down" the Shane Larkins of the league.
I have been a big defender of Price this year, but I do have to agree that we should be seeing more Booker in crunch time.

But I will also say that when your 14M PG is letting the same guys beat him regularly, and is shooting 31-72 over our last 6 games, it is hard to point fingers at the 1M backup PG.

LazarusLong

Post by LazarusLong »

New Orleans and Brooklyn combined have only 9 wins, but a third of them have come against the Suns.

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

That's my boy, Lon Blabby!
"It's been a great joy for me personally," Babby said. "To watch them since they've come to the Suns. Not only on the court but as men and leaders of our franchise. These two young guys have such a bond between them, we had to try to find a way to keep them together. The synergy between them will only grow. They are great representatives of our franchise."
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

Indy

Post by Indy »

AmareIsGod wrote:That's my boy, Lon Blabby!
"It's been a great joy for me personally," Babby said. "To watch them since they've come to the Suns. Not only on the court but as men and leaders of our franchise. These two young guys have such a bond between them, we had to try to find a way to keep them together. The synergy between them will only grow. They are great representatives of our franchise."
I just vomited emotionally.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

They should put that on his epitaph.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

AmareIsGod wrote:That's my boy, Lon Blabby!
Wait ... who is he talking about exactly?

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

Though he could be saying that about Bledsoe and Knight, after their stellar run together as lethal dual-PG threats to close out last season for 2 1/2 games before Knight jabberwalkied his ankle, these were actually words from Lon Babby after signing the famous "here's some money, you figure out how to split it up" contract to keep the FOEBros together in Phoenix as long standing faces of our very storied and proud franchise.
What is smallball? I play basketball. I'm not a regular big man. I can switch from the center to the guards. The game is evolving. I'd be dominAyton if the WNBA would let me in. - Ayton

AmareIsGod

Post by AmareIsGod »

I know some of us like to bash on Markieff, many of you more than others (I try and keep it at a minimum), but we do quickly overlook some of the things he does contribute positively to our team around minutes he's not on the floor. Last night he was on the court for 28 minutes meaning he sacrificed 20 minutes to his teammates to give effort and try to win the game. It's things like this that require reverse analytics that get missed or overlooked by us as fans sometimes. To every minute you aren't on the court, this Bud's for you Keef, you unselfish son of a bitch.