Markieff Morris Watch

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: Game Day: Wolves (9-13) @ Suns (10-14), Sun 12/13/15

Post by Split T »

Mori Chu wrote:Thinking that Markieff will be out of the Suns uniform at 12:00:01 AM on 12/15.
Ya, I'm pretty sure we've agreed to a trade and just waiting till we can officially make it.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

carey wrote:Another DNP for Markieff. He has to be gone on Tuesday, right?
Fingers crossed.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Mori Chu wrote:Thinking that Markieff will be out of the Suns uniform at 12:00:01 AM on 12/15.
Fingers crossed.

"Be Legendary."

OE32

Post by OE32 »

If a trade were already agreed to, don't you think we'd hear about it tomorrow? Can't they at least let Coro spill that much?

... But then, maybe there are a couple suitors, and things are still in flux. I really, really don't think we can have three Ryan Andersons on one team, which makes me think there must be another part to this.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

The fact that we're waiting until the 15th makes me think Weems is involved. Quite possible Archie, too (which would be a big shame).

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Ryan Anderson makes $8.5m/year (expiring) while Markieff makes $8m/year (4 years left). The trade straight up works in the Trade Machine. I was hoping we'd package Weems in there too, but he makes an unseemly $2.8m/year for 2 years (why?????????) so I doubt they'd take him. I could imagine us packing in a pick to get the Pellies to agree to the deal, but, if so, ugh.

carey

Post by carey »

Shabazz wrote:The fact that we're waiting until the 15th makes me think Weems is involved. Quite possible Archie, too (which would be a big shame).
Would it? I like Archie but he's racking up the DNPs.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Shabazz

Re: Markieff Morris Watch

Post by Shabazz »

I don't think he's gotten a fair shot this year and he's 21. I maintain there's something there, but it requires a coach with a bit more patience for someone who's not a great shooter.

pickle

Post by pickle »

I've always liked Archie, but I suppose he really will have a tough time carving out a role in this team, unless Knight or Bledsoe gets moved. We still have a Bogdanovic waiting in the wings.

I absolutely unequivocally reject any trade where we package a pick with Markieff (not that I'm in a position to have a say in this). I'd rather just let him sit on the bench and rot. Now if we do this trade with the Pelicans and then they sweeten the deal with a pick swap right (I'm dreaming. Don't wake me) then I'll take Anderson on for the (free agency) troubles.

I know that we don't like Weems, but I thought the second year of that contract wasn't guaranteed? 2.8 mil is not too bad to take a chance on an athletic swing who could potentially provide a spark off the bench. If it didn't work out, it also didn't break the bank.

I would still like to see Archie succeed, even if it's not here on the Suns. As long as he doesn't go to the Lakers, I think I'd root for him.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

I have basically forgotten about Weems. That's too bad. A lot of Suns insiders thought he was going to be productive for us. It will be interesting to see if he makes it on another team or if he goes back to Europe where he had come into his own.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Shabazz wrote:I don't think he's gotten a fair shot this year and he's 21. I maintain there's something there, but it requires a coach with a bit more patience for someone who's not a great shooter.
Yeah, it's a tough situation. We just have too many guards. He's looked the best this year by far than he has in previous years. At least he makes the occasional outside shot now. I'm afraid we're going to have to let him loose and see what he becomes for somebody else.

"Be Legendary."

Gladiator

Post by Gladiator »

https://twitter.com/GeraldBourguet/status/676180973873061888

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Weems can't shoot. If you are an NBA guard and can't shoot, your days are numbered.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Probably not nothing.

"Be Legendary."

JCSunsfan

Markieff Morris Watch

Post by JCSunsfan »

Looks like Marcus' quality play in Detroit might be helping Kieffs trade value.

It just really bugs me to know that Markieff will go somewhere else and play his heart at and we will look like idiots for trading him. But I don't see any other way to handle this.

I would be all for letting him rot somewhere if we do not get a good offer.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Not sure we'll ever look like idiots for trading a guy who doesn't want to be here. Even if he improves, he's too selfish to care about anything but himself. Good riddance.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Ha ha! I went looking for trade rumors and found this crazy article:

http://en.yibada.com/articles/94245/201 ... y-suns.htm

NBA Trade Rumors: Eric Bledsoe To Houston Rockets In Three-Way Trade With Suns And Celtics Proposed; D12 Also Involved

What does this mean:
A three-way blockbuster trade proposed in Real GM explores the Suns blowing it up and engaging in a three way trade with the Houston Rockets and Boston Celtics that would fulfill all three teams wishes.
Some yahoo in the Real GM forums came up with it?
Celtics get Dwight Howard and PJ Tucker: addressing their need for a franchise big man and a swingman.

Houston Rockets get Eric Bledsoe, Tyson Chandler and Markieff Morris. They get their quality point guard, replaced their defensive

Phoenix Suns get: David Lee, Ty Lawson, Jared Sullinger, James Young, 2016 first round picks of Dallas Mavericks (top 7 protected) and Boston Celtics own 2016 draft pick. Also, they get the Brooklyn Nets 2018 unprotected draft pick. They get to start again with some quality pieces and cap space, with draft picks that can allow them to draft a franchise player.

"Be Legendary."

TOO

Post by TOO »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

http://www.franchiseherald.com/articles ... morris.htm

NBA Trade Rumors: Memphis' Green To Be Traded To Suns For Markieff Morris?

Phoenix Suns' ill-tempered forward Markieff Morris is again the subject of latest NBA trade rumors.
Reports have it that the Suns player will finally get his wish to be traded.
Suitors are already knocking in Phoenix's door and among them are Houston Rockets. However, an NBA columnists suggests Toyota Center might not be the destination of Markieff.
Dan Favale of Bleacher Report thinks Morris should be traded to Memhpis Grizzlies in exchange of JaMychal Green.

"JaMychal Green, just 25 years old, would arrive in Phoenix as a legitimate frontcourt prospect. He has shown he can stroke threes, owns one of Memphis' best net ratings and might have more to offer a team such as Phoenix-as in one that doesn't rank in the bottom 10 of pace."

A former San Antonio Spurs, Green, not to be confused with explosive and exciting forward Jeff Green who is also with Grizzlies, averages 17 minutes per game, 6.5 points per game along with 4.8 rebounds

"Be Legendary."

pickle

Post by pickle »

Well, it's better than Jeff Green, but what? This is like a few years ago when people floated JJ Hickson as the principle in an offer for Amare. I guess anyone is full of potential and explosive when they are featured in trades. And why would Memphis do this? How does this help them, unless they are ready to ship Zach Randolph?