Suns News: Week 14 1/26-1/31

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
wpmiller42

Re: Suns News: Week 14 1/26-1/31

Post by wpmiller42 »

Cap wrote:
“It’s not really a big deal to me,” Booker said. “My respect comes from all the players that I’ve played against, people that are in the game who say I should be in it. There are some other players who I think should be in the game. It’s kind of a messed-up format but, at the end of the day, I’ve got to get better. We’ll see in the long run.”

“I’ll just make them pay in the end,” Booker said.
http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/n ... /79443518/

This kid just constantly says (and does) all the right things. I hope we can build a team to maximize his talent/effort.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

djy2j wrote:Zo's fate was sealed when he passed to teammates and tried to run an offense. There is no room for someone like that on this team.
Eh. He wasn't that good.

Indy

Post by Indy »

wpmiller42 wrote:
Cap wrote:
“It’s not really a big deal to me,” Booker said. “My respect comes from all the players that I’ve played against, people that are in the game who say I should be in it. There are some other players who I think should be in the game. It’s kind of a messed-up format but, at the end of the day, I’ve got to get better. We’ll see in the long run.”

This kid just constantly says (and does) all the right things. I hope we can build a team to maximize his talent/effort.
Exactly. He had a couple off games, but that guy is the real deal. It is weird to have a player on our team do and say the right things, and have him be the youngest guy in the league.

SwingMan

Post by SwingMan »

Indy wrote:
wpmiller42 wrote:
Cap wrote:

Exactly. He had a couple off games, but that guy is the real deal. It is weird to have a player on our team do and say the right things, and have him be the youngest guy in the league.
The kid's maturity and poise are both well beyond his years. Booker had every right to go Vesuvius, but instead channeled D-Day:

[youtube][/youtube]

Love it.

The Suns never got any respect when we rolled out good teams, so it isn't surprising in the least that everyone's getting ignored when we're in the cellar. Show 'em what they slept on, Devin.

But Jordan McRae? Better get another ball.....

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Shabazz wrote:
djy2j wrote:Zo's fate was sealed when he passed to teammates and tried to run an offense. There is no room for someone like that on this team.
Eh. He wasn't that good.
He wasn't. I agree. We just keep bringing in the same redundant players in is what's frustrating. Does McRae bring anything different than Archie, Knight, Weems? Nope. Might as well bring Fredette up at this point right?
The artist formerly known as Y2JJEDIPIMP on .net

"Just like Neal Armstrong I went to space and now I'm back..."

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Why Fredette? Surprisingly, we make a ton of threes. Among the league's top in %, top10-ish attempts.

Bring in a PG capable of feeding the kids. Also add some more kids.

Btw, ultimate Knight-Kieff dumping:
Suns in Calderon, O'Quinn, Meeks, Cleanthony Early, Det 1stR.
Det in Kieff
NYK in Knight

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

Ring_Wanted wrote:Why Fredette? Surprisingly, we make a ton of threes. Among the league's top in %, top10-ish attempts.

Bring in a PG capable of feeding the kids. Also add some more kids.

Btw, ultimate Knight-Kieff dumping:
Suns in Calderon, O'Quinn, Meeks, Cleanthony Early, Det 1stR.
Det in Kieff
NYK in Knight
Kidding about Fredette. He's a chucker is my point. Just tired of the dribble dribble dribble dribble shoot play.

We were spoiled by Nash

carey

Post by carey »

No thanks on Early. You could be on to something with Knight to the Knicks though. Hmm.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Good little read on Archie's development:

http://arizonasports.com/story/536820/t ... ping-game/

Indy

Post by Indy »

Shabazz wrote:Good little read on Archie's development:

http://arizonasports.com/story/536820/t ... ping-game/
His FT rate is insane.

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

Indy wrote:
wpmiller42 wrote:
Cap wrote:

He is star material on and off the court. He just has a presence.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

Most rival executives believe it remains a matter of when, not if, Phoenix trades disgruntled swingman Markieff Morris. The Suns, though, stubbornly continue to hold out for stronger offers, which might not be forthcoming given the relatively dim view leaguewide about Morris’ stock at the moment, stemming not only from the tension he’s caused in the desert dating to last summer but also the uncertainty of Morris’ potential legal trouble stemming from a felony aggravated assault charge levied in the spring of 2015.
http://espn.go.com/blog/marc-stein/post ... weeks-away

djy2j

Post by djy2j »

“I’m stuck here for the next two years and he’s there so we can’t talk about anything,” said Weems, whose contract has a team option for next season.

Weems about talking with his former coach Ettore Messina.

Yeah, the fans feel the same way about you bub.You're Josh Childress 2.0. Enjoy the free money

carey

Post by carey »

That team option will be declined so he actually only has a 2 more months with the team.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:That team option will be declined so he actually only has a 2 more months with the team.
Exactly. Honestly, the deal looks pretty good now that I realize we have the option for next year.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Hahah poor Weems. He has been getting playing time lately and has not done bad. If you ship Tucker you can use him.

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

It's amazing the lack of self awareness these players have sometimes.

Weems was given every opportunity at the beginning of the season and he responded by playing worse than possibly anyone else in the NBA. He has no one but himself to blame for his situation.
Last edited by Shabazz on Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Bobster

Post by The Bobster »

Shabazz wrote:It's amazing the lack of self awareness these players have sometimes.

Weems was given every opportunity at the beginning of the season and he responded by playing worse than possible anyone else in the NBA. He has no one but himself to blame for his situation.
Exactly. If you play poorly and lose your spot in the rotation you've got to suck it up and take your share of the blame.
Author of The Basketball Draft Fact Book: A History of Professional Basketball's College Drafts
Available from Scarecrow Press at - https://rowman.com/ISBN/9780810890695

Sunsfan4life

Post by Sunsfan4life »

Heres a question. If the clippers call an offer Griffin do you entertain the idea?

Griffin is one of my least favorite players in the NBA, but he obviously has talent. Say LA calls and goes we want deal you griffin and it won't cost you Booker/Len or your pick....do you buy into his contract?
“Kobe had said (after the play) I wasn’t hugged enough as a child,” Bell recalled. “My mom kind of found him after the instance and we had beat them and offered him a hug in the bowels of the Phoenix arena. She really feels a part of that story.”

TOO

Post by TOO »

I entertain the idea because I think Paul is the problem in LA anyway. I dont know if I'd do it though, because it would just be another attempt to speed up the rebuild we keep finding ways to put off.