2023 Suns General Offseason/PostSeason News Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
SunsSince92

Re: 2023 Suns General Offseason/PostSeason News Thread

Post by SunsSince92 »

Wally_West wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:49 pm

:shock:
Wow! That puts a different slant on things.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

I would think the Warriors would want to prevent Beal from going to Phoenix.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

SunsSince92

Post by SunsSince92 »

If he has qualms about sharing the backcourt with Book, how would he feel about sharing it with Curry and Klay?

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Miami's had its share of stars on big salaries but I don't think they like being so top heavy. And Beal might not be the guy they want to go all in for if they think another star may be available later on. They just made the Finals with that roster, so it's not like they're in a squeeze for more talent with that kind of contract or up against it the way we are.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

One problem I would have with this is that I don't know how a Beal-Booker-Durant super team is the kind of team you want Vogel to coach? I mean I get it from the sense that we essentially wouldn't have an offense; it would just be each of those guys taking turns going one on one. But does that trio and the two fillers that will be on the court with them, defend on the level that Vogel needs in order for his defense to be effective?

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

SunsSince92 wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 3:53 pm
If he has qualms about sharing the backcourt with Book, how would he feel about sharing it with Curry and Klay?
Beal and Book play the same position with similar games. Curry and Klay are catch and shoot guys. Klay you can easily bump to the 3 spot, and you may need to anyway with him getting older and the injuries taking their toll.

It's a better fit, IMO.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

ShelC wrote:
Miami's had its share of stars on big salaries but I don't think they like being so top heavy. And Beal might not be the guy they want to go all in for if they think another star may be available later on. They just made the Finals with that roster, so it's not like they're in a squeeze for more talent with that kind of contract or up against it the way we are.
That makes sense, but at the same time, you're basically adding Beal to the Finals team. Herro didn't play. So maybe you fight to keep Martin out of the deal, but I don't see why they wouldn't part with Herro/Jovic for Beal. I think he is exactly what they were missing against Denver.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Gambo dropping don't worry about PG Beal and Booker can figure it out on Twitter makes me think this is about done.

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

INFORMER wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 4:00 pm
ShelC wrote:
That makes sense, but at the same time, you're basically adding Beal to the Finals team. Herro didn't play. So maybe you fight to keep Martin out of the deal, but I don't see why they wouldn't part with Herro/Jovic for Beal. I think he is exactly what they were missing against Denver.
I still think they have eyes for Dame or Giannis.

Split T

Post by Split T »

INFORMER wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:43 pm
Split T wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 2:15 pm
If it’s Paul and Shamet for Beal you obviously do that. Give Washington whatever pick swaps and 2nd round picks they want.
I think they could include the 2030 1st rounder after the 2023 draft is over, right?

And I'm not sure if there are any limits on how far into the future you can arrange pick swaps.
We traded 2029 though, so can’t trade consecutive picks…but we could swap it. So I think we’d have 3 swaps to offer

Split T

Post by Split T »

The question with GS is whether or not Washington would want Poole. That’s also not a great contract to take on. But GS could offer more of what Washington would want as far as assets(Moody, Kuminga, picks, etc.)

TOO

Post by TOO »

I don't believe Washington wants any long term money back, I think they are just trying to wipe the books.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Ya that’s the only reason we have a shot. They can clear all their long term money in 1 swoop with us. They could also take minimal hits in future years(roughly 6 million a year) and create cap space this summer if they waive and stretch both cp3 and Shamet

TOO

Post by TOO »

Yep. New GM looking for a fresh start, Beal has no value at his price so its best to just clear and rebuild organically.

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Wally_West

Post by Wally_West »

Lmao

ShelC

Post by ShelC »

Milwaukee makes sense since they're so close to winning but would have to include someone like Jrue or Middleton in the deal. Kinda takes away from the firepower there. And if you're the Bucks, does Beal replacing Jrue make you better? Middleton you can probably get by replacing if you add Beal with Jrue and Giannis.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Wally_West wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 5:36 pm

Lmao
What is wrong with these people?
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Wally_West