KEVIN DURANT TRADED TO SUNS

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: KEVIN DURANT TRADED TO SUNS

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Vladimir_Taltos

Post by Vladimir_Taltos »

Superbone wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:09 pm
Mori Chu wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:04 am
Hope Bazley and Warren can play against the Kings tomorrow. That way TJ can get injured before KD even has his press conference.
Stop that! He may get injured during his own press conference.
Mori...FFS

Shabazz

Post by Shabazz »

One thing I really hope this trade ends is the all-bench lineups.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

specialsauce wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:57 pm
We gave a pick away to get rid of TJ

Then we sent 5 picks over to acquire him

Include the pick we used to draft him

TJ has cost us 7 picks
You forgot the pick we used on Cam and the 2 picks we used on Mikal.

So that's 10 picks.
"I'm a Deandre Ayton guy."--Al McCoy, September 21, 2022.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Split T wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:45 pm
He’s also been incredible defensively this year…I think he was a top 2 MVP candidate when he got hurt.
I really think this season may be our only real chance to win a title. Durant, even if healthy, may not be near that level next year. And who knows what's going to happen with CP3.

Split T

Post by Split T »

Hard to say on Durant, nobody thought he’d still be at this level at this point either. CP3 is a big question mark but we’ll also have an offseason to construct the team how we want around Booker/KD. We won’t have a ton of resources to do that, but we’ll have some. I’d be pretty surprised if we aren’t still a contender next year.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:50 pm
I’ve talked about it before, luck is such an overlooked part of winning it all. The 72-win Warriors didn’t win the title.
I mean that team lost to the all-time scoring leader in his prime, and because Draymond can't control himself. Chance can absolutely play a factor for better and for worse, but basketball skill usually plays the most important role.
Trendon Watford. Please and thank you.

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

TOO wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:17 pm
KD is shooting 56% from the floor while creating most of the shots himself, that's wild.
It's his career high--and it's 2.2% higher than his previous high!

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

INFORMER wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 1:03 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:50 pm
I’ve talked about it before, luck is such an overlooked part of winning it all. The 72-win Warriors didn’t win the title.
I mean that team lost to the all-time scoring leader in his prime, and because Draymond can't control himself. Chance can absolutely play a factor for better and for worse, but basketball skill usually plays the most important role.
It wasn't my intention to imply otherwise. I'm just getting in front of the doomers who will call this trade a failure if some random stroke of bad luck prevents the Suns from winning a title.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

JeremyG wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:52 pm
INF will love this: Actually, the Kevin Durant trade is the worst in Arizona sports history
I’ll show you my qualifications: Fifty years of suffering. Fifty years of watching Arizona arenas become the Leisure World for aging superstars.

We have done this so many times before it has become almost seasonal, the thing we do along with Thanksgiving and Christmas.

We roast the turkey, we hang the mistletoe and we sign a beyond-his-prime sports legend to ride his last big contract into the sunset.
Nah, nothing that novel. He is just stating the obvious. And I am not an Arizona sports guy, so couldn't care less about the D'backs or Cardinals. I think it is a bad move, but they are getting someone who right now can be discussed and possibly the best player in the league. So it's hard to call that "the worst ever." I just hate it because it is needlessly reckless.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Shabazz wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:36 pm
One thing I really hope this trade ends is the all-bench lineups.
I'll channel my inner-JeremyG and predict that Monty will still find a way to have CP3, Ayton, Book, and Durant all on the bench at the same time at some point in a competitive game when all four of them are healthy.

Split T

Post by Split T »

As long as he doesn’t do it in the playoffs I don’t mind

JeremyG

Post by JeremyG »

Oh I expect him to do it right away and with regularity. He loves the all-bench lineups.

Just hopefully not in the playoffs.

INFORMER

Re: Mikal Bridges & Cam Johnson Appreciation Thread

Post by INFORMER »

ShelC wrote:
Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:05 pm
The Nets have almost come full circle from their pre KD-Kyrie days. Now they have a solid youngish team that's smart and plays hard, well coached and well balanced with no egos. Kinda similar to their 2018 team.
That is such a good point. I remember really liking the group they put together and being impressed with Kenny Atkinson. Then they went all-in chasing the stars and all of a sudden Atkinson wasn't good enough and the team was deficient.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

They were a good, fun team. But let’s be real, they weren’t winning a title with that roster. Maybe they could’ve pushed for it by adding one star, but the opportunity was bringing in two or none at all. I can’t criticize them for taking the chance.

The Harden trade was the one that I think was dumb.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:03 pm
They were a good, fun team. But let’s be real, they weren’t winning a title with that roster. Maybe they could’ve pushed for it by adding one star, but the opportunity was bringing in two or none at all. I can’t criticize them for taking the chance.
Sounds very similar to our own team.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
I can. They weren't stuck. They could have just kept building. I get you need a star(s), but the Daryl Morey let's just blow everything up chasing stars just isn't the way to go. Brooklyn has done it twice and it us ugly both times. I think you lose every time you prioritize a star over an entire team/organization, especially when you already have something good.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Good doesn’t win titles.

INFORMER

Post by INFORMER »

Never said it did. The key is finding the balance of how much of that good are you willing to give up in attempt to get better.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

INFORMER wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:16 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
I can. They weren't stuck. They could have just kept building. I get you need a star(s), but the Daryl Morey let's just blow everything up chasing stars just isn't the way to go. Brooklyn has done it twice and it us ugly both times. I think you lose every time you prioritize a star over an entire team/organization, especially when you already have something good.
We will see in the next couple years.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."