2017 NBA Draft Lottery

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Cap

Re: 2017 NBA Draft Lottery

Post by Cap »

Shabazz wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
Cap wrote:
Shabazz wrote:Didn't do s*** for my cholesterol, though.
Meds can do wonders for that. Have you tried something like Lipitor or Crestor? Over the counter, Vitamin D and fish oil can make a difference.
I'll get on lipitor eventually. I'm 35 and didn't want to get on a med that I'll need to be on for the rest of my life just yet.
Exercise(weight lifting, cardio, and stretching) along with a diet of good fats works the best, in my experience. Took my bad cholesterol levels down significantly and lifted by good cholesterol levels significantly.
For me it's just genetics. I don't think there's much I can do about my cholesterol without meds.
If you're reluctant to get on a prescription med, there's still plenty you can do OTC. In addition to Vitamin D and fish oil, some people swear by low-dose aspirin (81 mg), CoQ10, and l-arginine. Experiment and see what works for you.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Shabazz wrote:
In2ition wrote:
Shabazz wrote:
Cap wrote:
Shabazz wrote:Didn't do s*** for my cholesterol, though.
Meds can do wonders for that. Have you tried something like Lipitor or Crestor? Over the counter, Vitamin D and fish oil can make a difference.
I'll get on lipitor eventually. I'm 35 and didn't want to get on a med that I'll need to be on for the rest of my life just yet.
Exercise(weight lifting, cardio, and stretching) along with a diet of good fats works the best, in my experience. Took my bad cholesterol levels down significantly and lifted by good cholesterol levels significantly.
For me it's just genetics. I don't think there's much I can do about my cholesterol without meds.
Unless you have a genetic history of early-stage heart disease, having high cholesterol likely isn't an issue.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Exercise fixes most things, went from 260 to 175 with mostly just exercise and upping my water intake. BP down to normal levels, cholesterol at normal levels, just staying active, drinking water, and taking a multi.
Wow!
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Indy

Post by Indy »

Superbone wrote:Thanks for the inspiring stories guys! Two straight hours of full-court basketball (we didn't lose) is what caused the meniscus tear. So I hope to get back on the courts better, and lighter, than ever. I know the weight loss won't continue at it's current pace. I'm sure the initial speed is mostly due to cutting out daily sodas along with the large caloric decline.

I am 5'10" and my peak weight was 215. I'm currently at 206. My initial goal is to get down to 185 which is what I was saying I haven't been down to in the last 20 years. I'd then like to try for 175 which is what my ideal weight is according to the internet.
Sounds very familiar. When we met in Vegas a couple years ago I could have sworn you were taller, but I think I might have been sitting down when you came over. I am 5'11" and was probably 240 when we met. I was able to get down to 215 with cutting way back on carbs/sugar, and then moved to the mid-west and started traveling more. That makes it hard. My goal right now is to get back to 215, but really I need to get back to 175, which is where I was 20 years ago. I need to start running too.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Superbone wrote:
TheOriginalOriginal wrote:Exercise fixes most things, went from 260 to 175 with mostly just exercise and upping my water intake. BP down to normal levels, cholesterol at normal levels, just staying active, drinking water, and taking a multi.
Wow!
If only it were that easy for everyone right?

TOO

Post by TOO »

Indy wrote:
Superbone wrote:Thanks for the inspiring stories guys! Two straight hours of full-court basketball (we didn't lose) is what caused the meniscus tear. So I hope to get back on the courts better, and lighter, than ever. I know the weight loss won't continue at it's current pace. I'm sure the initial speed is mostly due to cutting out daily sodas along with the large caloric decline.

I am 5'10" and my peak weight was 215. I'm currently at 206. My initial goal is to get down to 185 which is what I was saying I haven't been down to in the last 20 years. I'd then like to try for 175 which is what my ideal weight is according to the internet.
Sounds very familiar. When we met in Vegas a couple years ago I could have sworn you were taller, but I think I might have been sitting down when you came over. I am 5'11" and was probably 240 when we met. I was able to get down to 215 with cutting way back on carbs/sugar, and then moved to the mid-west and started traveling more. That makes it hard. My goal right now is to get back to 215, but really I need to get back to 175, which is where I was 20 years ago. I need to start running too.
F runnning, you have any access to a rowing machine? That thing is an aerobic god.

Indy

Post by Indy »

TheOriginalOriginal wrote:
Indy wrote:

F runnning, you have any access to a rowing machine? That thing is an aerobic god.
I actually have a Water Rower. It's in my basement in a corner because we are still getting settled into our house.