Around the League News - 2022 Offseason Edition

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Flagrant Fowl

Re: Around the League News - 2022 Offseason Edition

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I know we're getting down to the final days before things actually start to happen, but this is next-level crazy talk.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Great deal for the Clippers.

Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I'm not ruling out the Mavs as a potential destination for Kyrie if the Nets decide to go that route.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

... several league sources say Tucker will choose the Sixers’ three-year, $30 million offer over opportunities to remain in Miami or go back to Milwaukee after free agency begins at 6 p.m. Thursday. Tucker could receive $27 million guaranteed with reachable incentives that could get him to $30 million, sources say.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Indy wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:20 pm
Also, I am not sure Kyrie is a James Jones guy.
I’m sure he isn’t, but he’s so ridiculously talented that I’m sure Jones would be willing to take him on anyway (depending on what we have to trade to get him). I think I remember Jones (or maybe it was Monty) saying you can handle one or two guys like that on your team if your culture is strong enough.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

As the PJ Tucker-Miami-Philly situation relates to the Suns..

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/mia ... story.html

Should the Heat lose out on Tucker, the team, according to an NBA source, is considering either a trade for former Heat power forward Jae Crowder, who is entering the final year of a contract that pays $10.2 million next season with the Phoenix Suns, or a possible free-agent move for Indiana Pacers forward T.J. Warren.

I wouldn't be totally shocked to see Duncan Robinson end up on the Suns.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Cap wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:50 pm
Indy wrote:
I’m sure he isn’t, but he’s so ridiculously talented that I’m sure Jones would be willing to take him on anyway (depending on what we have to trade to get him). I think I remember Jones (or maybe it was Monty) saying you can handle one or two guys like that on your team if your culture is strong enough.
Found the quote.
James Jones said, not wrote:A front office must find high-character, hardworking, and competitive professionals who love the game and want to have team success. If you have team success, only then you can throw in a selfish individual—or as I call them, a mercenary—into the bunch and be able to withstand it. But if you first build a team full of mercenaries, you’re going to get bad results from a selfish group.
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/3/4/ ... ndre-ayton
Last edited by Cap on Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Split T

Post by Split T »

No thanks on Duncan Robinson or Kyrie if it costs Mikal. Brooklyn doesn’t really have much leverage…the most I’d offer is expirings and a pick.

Split T

Post by Split T »

JeremyG wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:57 pm
Gambo says there's a better chance of the Suns ending up with Kyrie than KD.
Did he say it in a there’s no chance KD is coming way…or in a there’s a chance Kyrie comes way?

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

I think there's a clear buy low opportunity on Duncan Robinson. He's not as bad as he's being portrayed right now and could certainly become a top level 6th man. It makes some sense for the Suns if they want to develop an alternative to extending Cam Johnson.

Or it would makes sense if the Suns re-sign Ayton and move Cam into the starting PF spot. But that's more of a financial commitment than I'd expect from Sarver.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Cap wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:58 pm
Cap wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:50 pm
Indy wrote:
Found the quote.
James Jones said, not wrote:A front office must find high-character, hardworking, and competitive professionals who love the game and want to have team success. If you have team success, only then you can throw in a selfish individual—or as I call them, a mercenary—into the bunch and be able to withstand it. But if you first build a team full of mercenaries, you’re going to get bad results from a selfish group.
https://www.theringer.com/nba/2021/3/4/ ... ndre-ayton
I agree with the sentiment, but I am not sure Kyrie is a mercenary. Mercenaries are paid to do a job that goes against most people's morals. Kyrie seems to be the opposite--choosing NOT to do a job because it goes against his morals.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

James Jones and Monty Williams agreeing to bring in a part-time player would be the most shocking event of my 2022 so far.

That's not to mention it would be a part-time player who's on the books for $33M.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Gonna need to see the guaranteed money on this deal because that's a bit pricy. But hey, if PJ Tucker is going to get 3yr/$30M...

TOO

Post by TOO »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:26 pm
I know we're getting down to the final days before things actually start to happen, but this is next-level crazy talk.
I love silly season.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

If it wasn't already clear the Pistons are out on MAXAYTON.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

TOO wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:34 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
I love silly season.
I've had more than enough of it. At least we're not still talking in circles about Ayton's performance relative to his salary.

Split T

Post by Split T »

What are the Pistons getting for clearing all that space? Can’t imagine Noel and Burks are of much use to them.

Split T

Post by Split T »

There ya go…doesn’t seem worth it if I’m Detroit..I would’ve saved my space for a 1st round pick

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

My guess would be one of the protected picks the Knicks got from OKC in their Ousmane Dieng selection.

Edit: Guessed wrong. Burks is still plenty serviceable, so I suppose there's still player value in the deal. Not to mention Bobby Sarver's favorite player, Cash Considerations.
Last edited by Flagrant Fowl on Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TOO

Post by TOO »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:47 pm
TOO wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:34 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
I love silly season.
I've had more than enough of it. At least we're not still talking in circles about Ayton's performance relative to his salary.
You're not wrong. I'm honestly just excited to see what the Suns do, just hope it's more than marginal end of the bench improvements.