2019 NBA Draft Thread

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Split T

Re: 2019 NBA Draft Thread

Post by Split T »

If we’re talking a Zion trade, I’d need AD and Jrue for Zion/Warren/Tyler Johnson

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Split T wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:53 am
If we’re talking a Zion trade, I’d need AD and Jrue for Zion/Warren/Tyler Johnson
Hmm, a Jrue, Booker, Oubre, AD, Ayton starting lineup sounds kind of decent with Melton, Bridges, JJ and Holmes off the bench.
"When we all think alike, nobody is thinking" - Walter Lippmann
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Split T wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:52 am
Ayton, Warren, Mil Pick for AD

Booker/Zion/AD
Agree. That’s my max offer. No way
I’m giving them Zion AND Ayton.

I’d throw in Jackson, Melton and our unprotected 2020 for Jrue if they’d take it

specialsauce

Post by specialsauce »

Jrue
Booker
Oubre
Zion
AD

There’s approximately 0% chance of that happening, but hey why not.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

specialsauce wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:22 pm
Jrue
Booker
Oubre
Zion
AD

Haha, no doubt, but dreaming is free. I would just be guessing, but I think they could possibly improve their team defense rating with that lineup and Bridges and Holmes off the bench. You could overcome Booker's defense and Zion's poor outside shot on offense.
"Find out just what any people will quietly submit to and you have the exact measure of the injustice and wrong which will be imposed on them." ~ Frederick Douglass

Indy

Post by Indy »

In2ition wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:29 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Jrue
Booker
Oubre
Zion
AD

Haha, no doubt, but dreaming is free. I would just be guessing, but I think they could possibly improve their team defense rating with that lineup and Bridges and Holmes off the bench. You could overcome Booker's defense and Zion's poor outside shot on offense.
I am not worried about his shot at all. I don't expect him to be KAT, but he should be as good of an outside shot as AD or Embiid or maybe even Blake. None of those guys shot over 30% in college... although all those guys combined didn't take 50 3PAs, and Zion got up 71. Wow.

Indy

Post by Indy »

I think I will be extremely happy with either Zion or Morant... which means we will get #5 or #6 and Sarver will trade it away in some move to "pry" Rozier away from Boston and say how we needed win-now guys instead of a rookie. Ugh.

Flagrant Fowl

Post by Flagrant Fowl »

Indy wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:10 pm
I think I will be extremely happy with either Zion or Morant... which means we will get #5 or #6 and Sarver will trade it away in some move to "pry" Rozier away from Boston and say how we needed win-now guys instead of a rookie. Ugh.
I can't really argue trading a mid lottery pick for a more established starter who fits a roster need right now. But yeah, Rozier would be a miserable waste of that draft asset.
Send me a PM if you're interested in joining the phx-suns.net fantasy basketball league.

Indy

Post by Indy »

Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:13 pm
Indy wrote:
I can't really argue trading a mid lottery pick for a more established starter who fits a roster need right now. But yeah, Rozier would be a miserable waste of that draft asset.
For sure. But you know it will be something like Rozier or Beverly. If we are giving up assets for someone gettable, I think Dinwiddie or Brogdon in a sign & trade if we can't afford him after signing a PF.

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

Indy wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:16 pm
Flagrant Fowl wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:13 pm
Indy wrote:
For sure. But you know it will be something like Rozier or Beverly. If we are giving up assets for someone gettable, I think Dinwiddie or Brogdon in a sign & trade if we can't afford him after signing a PF.
Ugh, you just gave me some serious indigestion with that.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Indy wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:05 pm
In2ition wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:29 pm
specialsauce wrote:
Jrue
Booker
Oubre
Zion
AD

I am not worried about his shot at all. I don't expect him to be KAT, but he should be as good of an outside shot as AD or Embiid or maybe even Blake. None of those guys shot over 30% in college... although all those guys combined didn't take 50 3PAs, and Zion got up 71. Wow.
Zion’s 3 is better than his FT.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

In2ition

Post by In2ition »

I don't have a lot of hope that the Suns are going to win the lottery again. Zion would be amazing, but it's possible a different path would be better for the Suns. It probably is mute since the ideal path(Zion) will not even be possible. I do really like Ja, and I think he would be a great back-court mate with Devin.

I've become a little obsessed with the idea of getting Clarke though. Even if they get Ja, I think they need to figure out how to also get Clarke. Clarke is going to be a fantastic guy next to Ayton, doing almost everything that Zion does, but has a better shot. He's extremely underrated right now because he's older than many of the guys on the team right now. He may be a better defender than Zion, but doesn't have the upside. He would fit a Shawn Marion type roll, where he could be the 4th or 5th option on a team like Bridges and still contribute in a ton of ways towards winning. Rebounds, shot blocks, steals, good passer, finisher, good teammate, holds everyone to well below their averages and hides and makes up for other's mistakes. He can also guard 1-5, but he doesn't have the girth that Zion does. He's also an incredible athlete, but not the Instagram sensation that Zion is. After he's restructured his shot, he's become better and better. Now his form is where I think he can be a decent 3 pt shooter too.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

In2ition wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:03 pm
Would you trade Zion, Ayton, Warren, Johnson and Mil pick for the Pels #8(Brandon Clarke), AD and Jrue?
That's the question of the offseason. I would do it, becasue that's 3 good players for 1 (imo). But...

I don't think that trade could work just for professional pride reasons. A team can't give up 2 consecutive #1 picks without getting destroyed by the media, and the Pels cant trade AD to the team with the #1 pick for anything less than it. So, if we land #1, we have to trade it and keep Ayton, or just keep building and don't go after AD.

If we fall lower than #1, I'd offer Ayton, Warren, Jackson, and a pick swap for AD, and see where the discussion goes. If I get that deal, I clear as much cap space as I can and recruit Kyrie/Durant like crazy.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Cap

Post by Cap »

O_Gardino wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:04 am
A team can't give up 2 consecutive #1 picks without getting destroyed by the media
How about Bennett and Wiggins for Love?

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Indy wrote:
This is by far the most likely outcome. Not statistically, but we know how it goes.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

carey

Post by carey »

Cap wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:04 am
A team can't give up 2 consecutive #1 picks without getting destroyed by the media
How about Bennett and Wiggins for Love?
Bennett was already a bust. Ayton is no bust.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

O_Gardino wrote:
This is by far the most likely outcome. Not statistically, but we know how it goes.
On tankathon we drop to 5 or 6 half the time I play it. Seems to me it is statistically probable that's what happens.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Indy

Post by Indy »

carey wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:31 am
O_Gardino wrote:
On tankathon we drop to 5 or 6 half the time I play it. Seems to me it is statistically probable that's what happens.
Yeah, I kept seeing that when I was playing. If we finish with the 3rd worst record, we have roughly a 50/50 chance of getting pick 5/6/7 vs 1/2/3/4.

Split T

Post by Split T »

You figure essentially a 14% chance at each pick and 1-4 adds up to 56%

Indy

Post by Indy »

Split T wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:21 pm
You figure essentially a 14% chance at each pick and 1-4 adds up to 56%
Little less than that:

14.0 13.4 12.7 12.0 for 52.1%