Around the League: Week 23 3/28-4/3

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Cap

Re: Around the League: Week 23 3/28-4/3

Post by Cap »

I'm gonna guess Curry scores 1-on-5 there.

carey

Post by carey »

League Pass alert. GS down 5 with 4 & 1/2 left.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

Celtics are going to pull it out. Up 4. Game is actually on ESPN.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

carey

Post by carey »

Shit. To break it the Warriors need to go 5-1 over the remaining 6 while facing the Spurs twice.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

dragickingdom

Post by dragickingdom »

carey wrote:Shit. To break it the Warriors need to go 5-1 over the remaining 6 while facing the Spurs twice.
Makes that game they Shit the bed playing the Lakers hungover look that much worse.

Split T

Post by Split T »

They'll break it. Popovich is gonna rest everyone in those games

carey

Post by carey »

Split T wrote:They'll break it. Popovich is gonna rest everyone in those games
Not the one in S.A.. They are going for a flawless home record for the season so unless they lose to Toronto tomorrow at home they will be playing everyone against GS and OKC the following week.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

It has to suck being a Philly fan so much (at least currently). Three years of absolute garbage and their picks don't even play.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

Interesting dilemma, would you risk your CHANCE for a championship, for the CHANCE to set a regular season record? Champions gets parades, and banners and rings... regular season record holders... gets mentions as footnotes in TV broadcasting. The Bulls' record is impresive, but big part of it's aura shines because they put a banner around it.

Every game counts as a risk during the gross of the 82 games calendar, but those final games are put under more scrutiny. Popovich clearly is a pragmatic guy, so it would be interesting to see if this record is important enough to break his usual habits. The Warriors in the other hand, already have shown they are going full throttle for the record, the glory and the thropy... or bust.

carey

Post by carey »

Aztec Sunsfan wrote:Interesting dilemma, would you risk your CHANCE for a championship, for the CHANCE to set a regular season record? Champions gets parades, and banners and rings... regular season record holders... gets mentions as footnotes in TV broadcasting. The Bulls' record is impresive, but big part of it's aura shines because they put a banner around it.

Every game counts as a risk during the gross of the 82 games calendar, but those final games are put under more scrutiny. Popovich clearly is a pragmatic guy, so it would be interesting to see if this record is important enough to break his usual habits. The Warriors in the other hand, already have shown they are going full throttle for the record, the glory and the thropy... or bust.
I find what the Warriors are doing to be very impressive. They are playing full out every second of every game. It's something you don't often see in today's NBA. I appreciate it and would be thrilled if I were a Warriors fan.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Furlanfufi

Post by Furlanfufi »

Regarding DAR situtation, I remember that long ago somebody said in an interview that the only NBA player who didn't cheat was Grant Hill.

Aztec Sunsfan

Post by Aztec Sunsfan »

carey wrote:
Aztec Sunsfan wrote:Interesting dilemma, would you risk your CHANCE for a championship, for the CHANCE to set a regular season record? Champions gets parades, and banners and rings... regular season record holders... gets mentions as footnotes in TV broadcasting. The Bulls' record is impresive, but big part of it's aura shines because they put a banner around it.

I find what the Warriors are doing to be very impressive. They are playing full out every second of every game. It's something you don't often see in today's NBA. I appreciate it and would be thrilled if I were a Warriors fan.
Yeah, don't get me wrong. I always hated those comments around turning on the switch, or the real season starts now, I am for full effort all the time, that's the true measure of greatness, whats separates Really Good from Great. I was kind of describing Pop's usual MO, wondering if they will go for their personal best. I'm really hopeful for the W's going all the way, because is true that they must combine the season best, with the banner, to match the Bulls feat. Other wise, it will be kind of the times they were defeated as N° 1 seed in the first round.

Cap

Post by Cap »

The game on the 10th will be big for both teams, because the Spurs are aiming for 41-0 at home.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

The more I think about it, the more I feel like the Spurs will beat the Warriors in the playoffs. The Ws have been going all-out all season, not taking time to rest and relax themselves physically and mentally, as they chase this 73 win record. The Spurs are resting and biding their time. They're totally healthy. And they STILL have almost as good a record! That is amazing. The Ws are banged up; Iguodala is hurt, Bogut is hurt, Steph and others look like they are tired. In a 7-game series I really like the Spurs' chances.

Can you imagine going 73-9 and then not winning the title?

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Related: Warriors are playing the Blazers today at 5pm PST. Every game down the stretch is kind of a must-watch at this point. Going to flip back and forth between that and the Suns/Jazz game.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

carey wrote:Celtics are going to pull it out. Up 4. Game is actually on ESPN.
Like many other times, the Ws had a shot at it after a missed shot and an offensive rebound, but Barnes tried to be the hero and ignored a wide open Curry. Curry gave him a bit of stinky eye.

Not related, but I don't want to spend money on Barnes. Would much gladly go with a rookie or a veteran place holder.

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

You know what? Would be awesome if GSW dropped a Popovich and rested his guys. Kerr would acquire legendary status haha. But seriously, Curry's fatigue is a concern.

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Not related, but I don't want to spend money on Barnes. Would much gladly go with a rookie or a veteran place holder.
Barnes looks like fool's gold. Decent guy to have on your roster, but not a #1 or even #2 guy, not a guy worth a huge contract. But of course he'll get a huge contract anyway. Ws will be wise to let him go. I'm sure he's gone after this season based on the money he'll demand. I bet the advanced metrics would show that H. Barnes is not worth much in terms of value over replacement player.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Mori Chu wrote:The more I think about it, the more I feel like the Spurs will beat the Warriors in the playoffs.
All I know is, it should be one hell of a series.

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

Warriors look much more vulnerable than for the majority of the season. Maybe they peaked too soon, like Hawks last year.