Around the League: Week 4 11/6-11/12

Discussion of the league and of our favorite team.
Mori Chu

Re: Around the League: Week 4 11/6-11/12

Post by Mori Chu »

carey wrote:QUOTD: Can a random number generator draft better than the Grizzlies?

https://www.grizzlybearblues.com/2017/1 ... zzlies-nba

*Guess before reading the link!*
LOL. Some teams just don't seem to have good people working on scouting or draft day decision making. It's such an important part of building a team. Nailing 1-2 draft picks can change your whole franchise, even if they are not in the top 5 or whatever.

Hermen

Post by Hermen »

I bet Ball wishes every team would trade for Bledsoe before playing the Lakers. Must be his lucky charm or something. He's a rebound away from a triple double with good shooting so far, midway through 3rd.

Cap

Post by Cap »

Hermen wrote:I bet Ball wishes every team would trade for Bledsoe before playing the Lakers. Must be his lucky charm or something. He's a rebound away from a triple double with good shooting so far, midway through 3rd.
Youngest player with a 3D in NBA history.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Cap wrote:
Hermen wrote:I bet Ball wishes every team would trade for Bledsoe before playing the Lakers. Must be his lucky charm or something. He's a rebound away from a triple double with good shooting so far, midway through 3rd.
Glad it wasn't against us, and I'm kinda glad it was against Bledsoe.
The league needs heroes, villains... and clowns. -- Aztec Sunsfan

Cap

Post by Cap »

O_Gardino wrote:
Cap wrote:
Glad it wasn't against us, and I'm kinda glad it was against Bledsoe.
Ball dominated Bledsoe in the box score, but Bledsoe came away with the win, so he's probably not too broken up about it.

Ball: 19p/12r/13a/3s/2b/4to/+10 7-12 FG
Bleds: 11p/2r/2a/1s/1b/5to/-8 4-13 FG

Bucks 98
Lakers 90
Last edited by Cap on Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

carey

Post by carey »

Still makes me laugh. Everyone on Twitter before the game... "but Bledsoe will be trying this time."

Lonzo, who has been largely crap, scored 19 with a triple double. Bledsoe had 11/2/2 and was 0-6 from 3. Lol.
Go Suns!

Og Snus!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

You could almost say that the Bucks made a mistake in trading for Bledsoe, except that they gave up NOTHING to get him.

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Cap wrote:
Every player to ever play the game is 3D. However, he was the youngest to get a triple double in an NBA game.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Superbone

Post by Superbone »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:You could almost say that the Bucks made a mistake in trading for Bledsoe, except that they gave up NOTHING to get him.
I'm sorry but Monroe ain't nothing. He was playing well for them. Just because the Suns don't value him doesn't make him nothing.
"Too little, too late, too unbothered."
- Phoenix Suns 2023-2024 season motto.

"Be Legendary."

Ring_Wanted

Post by Ring_Wanted »

Marty [Mori Chu] wrote:You could almost say that the Bucks made a mistake in trading for Bledsoe, except that they gave up NOTHING to get him.
Come on.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

Let’s see where that pick lands, and what free agents they can’t sign before judging the trade too harshly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JCSunsfan

Post by JCSunsfan »

O_Gardino wrote:
Let’s see where that pick lands, and what free agents they can’t sign before judging the trade too harshly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh let it be 11!

Mori Chu

Post by Mori Chu »

Superbone wrote:
I'm sorry but Monroe ain't nothing. He was playing well for them. Just because the Suns don't value him doesn't make him nothing.
He had okay numbers, but he didn't fit in with their team and they wanted out of his contract. They were happy to be rid of him. They gave up nothing (of value to them) in the deal, other than a highly and oddly protected 1st-round pick that is likely to come to us in 2020 or whenever it was, at which point it'll probably be the 25th pick or so.

jonh

Post by jonh »

O_Gardino wrote:
I see your point, but McD's pattern of how to construct a team is well established, and can be judged regardless of how this particular trade turns out. I think NBA GM's generally have the responsibility to not only evaluate, stockpile talent, and generate value in trades, but also are required to develop talent, evaluate fit, and maintain a working relationship with their players.

I think McD does all right with the first 3 categories (we are definitely in a better spot now than we were a few years ago, in terms of assets), but he has been incredibly poor at the last three categories. Whats worse is he hasn't shown any improvement or desire to improve in the areas he is weak in.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

jonh wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:
I see your point, but McD's pattern of how to construct a team is well established, and can be judged regardless of how this particular trade turns out. I think NBA GM's generally have the responsibility to not only evaluate, stockpile talent, and generate value in trades, but also are required to develop talent, evaluate fit, and maintain a working relationship with their players.

I think McD does all right with the first 3 categories (we are definitely in a better spot now than we were a few years ago, in terms of assets), but he has been incredibly poor at the last three categories. Whats worse is he hasn't shown any improvement or desire to improve in the areas he is weak in.
That doesn't have anything to do with what Marty said. Marty was talking about what the Bucks gave up and if they will consider getting Bled to be a mistake.

jonh

Post by jonh »

O_Gardino wrote:
jonh wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:

That doesn't have anything to do with what Marty said. Marty was talking about what the Bucks gave up and if they will consider getting Bled to be a mistake.
You are right--I think I was just really excited to criticize our generally manager last night, and these comments seemed close enough that I could use them to grind my ax a little bit.

O_Gardino

Post by O_Gardino »

jonh wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:
jonh wrote:
O_Gardino wrote:

You are right--I think I was just really excited to criticize our generally manager last night, and these comments seemed close enough that I could use them to grind my ax a little bit.
Well, you weren't wrong. :(